Ikaros' Gamemaster Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikaros

Game Master Application

Steam name: Duncan McOkiner | jakexplays
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:69411992 | 76561198099089713
Ingame name(s): Ikaros | Artemis | Duncan
Current play time: Idk how to check, been here for a few months though as far as that goes.
Time in Garry’s Mod: 3329 Hours
Amount of warns: 0

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience: Only helped build and do the administrative side on other servers. I was a DarkRP Manager, so we made small events sometimes when bored. Small things on other servers, was mostly exclusively a builder for them.
Server(s): Rather not say for advertising purposes.
Time as position: Not sure, was years/months ago.

(Check off the answer you choose with a “x”.)

Would you consider yourself an good builder?
[x ] yes
[ ] no

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: (if none leave blank) Lots of building experience, none at NPC control

Are you able to create a cohesive story?
[ ] yes
[x] no Not by myself, but with help from other GM's. I consider myself a builder - not a story writer.

Experience with the creation of storylines, and knowledge of star wars lore: N/A

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[x] yes
[ ] no
If so how many times? A few. Not an extreme amount.
[ ]

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[x] yes
[ ] no

As a game master what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create story, etc.): I pretty much exclusively desire to whitelist Padawans/Apprentices (Apprenti?) and help the other GM's run their larger events so they do not feel overwhelmed. I also am generally online pretty late due to work schedule, so I think I could perform some smaller XP or Money events later at night.

Plan an event (story based or building based):
I have some small ideas planned for events to make them more intriguing. These could be things like making an elevator using Sliders, Thrusters, and Buttons. Perhaps when the players call the elevator, there are pre-placed NPC enemies on there.

Perhaps the players come into a small room with a large button and three doors. 2 of the buttons open a trap door in the roof with a few dozen NPC's placed on it.

Again, I consider myself someone who has creative building ideas with the building knowledge to perform them. If I can't do them right then at the moment - I can go into sandbox, watch some YouTube, and figure it out pretty easily.

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[x]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [name here], have permission from [Senior GM+] Croc, in my case to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.
[x]

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated):
I am a relatively well-liked player in the community. I do not have many enemies, and I am known to try to RP as much as I can. It's also notable that given my experience as Staff, Command, or a well-known base-builder in servers such as DarkRP, PoliceRP, ImperialRP, CWRP that I have above-average building skills within Garry's Mod. While I may not be able to put together a cohesive story on my own (I have never tried, anyway), I am very good at listening to feedback to do that in the future. I also would perform greatly as a support Gamemaster, in which the other GM's would simply explain what structures they would like to be built.

Note: Gamemaster are not administrative staff. Gamemaster should not use their powers for anything besides their events. Unless instructed to do other wise by Head Admin +. Except for whitelisting padawans Kappa

Oat man

-2 bad app the event is short nothing to it no real story looks like you made it in 10 minutes just because we dont have GM doesn't mean we should Accept anyone

Last edited:

Ikaros

Just gonna address a few concerns.

-1 bad app the event is short nothing to it no real story looks like you made it in 10 minutes

I want to be a GM because the current GMs are either extremely inactive or never do events, and we regularly have Initiates/Acolytes that have to wait until morning to receive a whitelist. Trust me, if there were a "helper" position that was strictly for whitelisting + addressing concerns when no staff are on, I would absolutely apply for that.

If there were not an issue with current GMs, I would not apply for the position. This Application took about 20 minutes, but that isn't saying much given that I can write a 5-Page College English Exam Research Essay in ~45 minutes and make a 95, just as I did over the summer. I would personally prefer to not waste the reader's time with useless information just to add to a block of text; while I was managing a DarkRP, I would never hesitate to deny an application that was long for the sake of being long.

+1 We have no gms why not

This guy gets it!

story idea kinda lackin

As I mentioned in my application,

I consider myself a builder - not a story writer.

I would not create cohesive, perfect stories on my own - I would get the stories from GM's/Players, and use their ideas to (attempt to) build structures with actual mechanics, as opposed to "/advert /me uses the force"

I hope this cleared up some concerns about the application!

Oat man

I want to be a GM because the current GMs are either extremely inactive or never do events, and we regularly have Initiates/Acolytes that have to wait until morning to receive a whitelist. Trust me, if there were a "helper" position that was strictly for whitelisting + addressing concerns when no staff are on, I would absolutely apply for that.

If there were not an issue with current GMs, I would not apply for the position. This Application took about 20 minutes, but that isn't saying much given that I can write a 5-Page College English Exam Research Essay in ~45 minutes and make a 95, just as I did over the summer. I would personally prefer to not waste the reader's time with useless information just to add to a block of text; while I was managing a DarkRP, I would never hesitate to deny an application that was long for the sake of being long.
See like i said no effort only 20 minutes and still bad app

_optical_

+1 you are active on the server and overall a good RP player, but also know how to loosen up and have fun at the right moments. But ngl I did wish to see more effort put into your event, Having a rough idea is nothing bad but yours could easily be expanded upon with some effort. Maybe add a reply with a more in-depth idea with some good thoughts and good building idea's and then I think this will be a much better app.

Spectre8105

+1, your issues can be resolved if the GMs (including us staff + Gms) decided to actually work as a team instead of being outlaws to each other. You also never fail to be on when i'm on, so either we have identical schedules or you're active af, i'd prefer to believe the later

Arthas

Short story not effective players like long events. They don't like petty shit like that. GMs are meant to be like story tellers or a narrator in a game give them something to do don't just say oh look here is a trap and another trap and a door pick one. Bland events lose players, and it seems like you would have put in 0 interest and effort.

Pallox

VIP
This one got denied and we said that you should re-apply for staff if you want to do whitelists and stuff

Shepard

Founder
Yep you seem more interested in moderator type stuff so I encourage you to apply for that. This is denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.