Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:56756599
Ingame name(s): OPTICAL/Kronos
Current play time: 3.5 weeks or ~600 hours
Time in Garry’s Mod: 1160 hours
Amount of warns: 0

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience: T-GM
Server(s): Reborn
Time as position: ~1 month

(Check off the answer you choose with a “x”.)

Would you consider yourself a good builder?
[ X] yes
[ ] no

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: (if none leave blank)
Yes, on the reborn server, I hosted several events making use of NPC’s with adjusted health, weapons and damage. I built several events and assisted with several others. I used precision tool, and several tricks I learned to create puzzles for the events. One example I used to create realistic water was layering multiple large plastic pieces on top of eachother. Then I would make them clear and tent them darker blue on the bottom and get lighter blue as it travelled up. This would create depth for the water and create a realistic water effect.

Are you able to create a cohesive story?
[ X] yes
[ ] no

Experience with the creation of storylines, and knowledge of star wars lore: Before on the server I created multiple RP based stories based off of the Old Republic. Like ancient sith emperors and such. My knowledge of Star Wars lore is not the best, but certainly not the worst. I used to be Lorekeeper when Scary Tiger was High Consular. I have A) seen all the star wars movies and B) Done a lot of my own research of the Old Republic and ancient sith through youtube and google to further my knowledge because I really enjoy learning about Star Wars lore.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[X ] yes
[ ] no
If so how many times?
[~30 ]

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[X ] yes
[ ] no

As a game master what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create story, etc.): I desire to build both RP heavy events with good stories based in Star Wars lore. The one issue with building strictly RP events is that they take time, so in-between RP events I would host smaller events; like tournaments and fun events like CTF, Dodge-The-Saw-Blades and PVP tournaments.

Plan an event (story based or building based): The first event I plan on doing if I do get T-GM is a RP event based around The Ones from Star Wars lore. For backstory The Ones are the most powerful force beings in the universe, with The Father being neutral, The Daughter being the light side of the force, and The brother being the dark side of the force. Along with the mother, who will show up at a later point in the event, her name is Abeloth. It would be a multi-stage event strewn across several days. The first section would be for both the Sith and the Jedi and the EE. There would be an advert saying that “The Father has been exiled from his planet and has been forced into hiding on TAT under guard (all faction event). The father would be hidden in a cave on TAT surrounded by wreckage from his ship and two boss guard with 10k hp each, along the way to his hiding place, the jedi and sith would run into several AI troopers trying to block their path at key locations, like the sand crawler and jabba's palace.. To speak with the father the factions must defeat these two boss guard BUT not attack the father once they do. If they do the father will not assist them later on in the story which would be a lot of help when they meet the son and daughter. The father would be in a large stone chair in the center of the cave with some torches casting light upon him. The father would then give his backstory, saying he was exiled and needs help returning home and stop the fighting between his children. The Jedi and Sith then have the choice after the father reveals the nature of the two children to convince him to pick a side and assist either the son or daughter in defeating the other. The EE would be essentially be a swing faction, able to choose to either assist the Jedi or the Sith. That would be part 1 of the event. Part 2 would come after the father has picked a side to assist, the faction he chose would get him back to his home planet, while the other faction would come and warn the son/daughter that is in danger and try to protect them. The area would be a large open temple with several AI bodyguards blocking the path to the son and daughter, which would be situated in two wings off the side of a large triangular throne room. The throne room would have 4 thrones, two on a higher level for the father and the mother, and the mother would not be present during the fighting, but she will be when the factions first show up. And two on a lower level for the son and daughter. The daughter would be on the left side of the pyramid, through a large door with AI guards inside. The daughter would then open into a large room that resembled a forest with a clear blue pool in the center. The pool is the fountain of the light side of the force. The brother would be identical on the right side except his room would be a barren desert like korriban, with a pitch black pool in the center, the fountain of the dark side. The father would follow whichever faction he chose to support to either the son or daughter, then they would tell them their plan to defeat the other and lead them to the center throne room. The son and daughter would then have some dialogue about how the fighting would have to come to an end and then the fighting would begin. Whichever side the father chose HAS to win, that would mean the person playing the side he didn't choose would have lower HP, and purposely lose the fight. Now I said earlier the mother would not be present for the fighting. Essentially the mother always hated seeing her children fight, and always tried to stop them from fighting. But after she learned her husband the father chose to support one of her children, she would disappear. After the fighting she would reappear, revealing she drank from both fountains of the light and dark side of the force, she would then slay the victor between the son and daughter, along with the father. She would then disappear and that would be part 2 of the event. Part 3 will happen several days later. Giving everyone time to speculate what the next part will be, building suspense for the final fight against Abeloth. After a few days, the most powerful version of Luke Skywalker would show up at the Jedi temple to tell them his plan of defeating Abeloth. Similarly Darth Crate would show up at the Sith temple having teamed up with Luke giving them the same plan. They would explain to each the sith and the jedi, along with the EE having them called to whichever factions planet they supported in the previous parts, that to defeat Abeloth they would have to destroy her many avatars. Three people, drawn from the sith, jedi, and EE respectively would be giving the boss role and change their name to [Abeloth Avatar {their name}], and would be on different planets waiting for the factions to hunt them down and destroy them. The avatars would each have 25k HP and boss sabers, but be restricted from using the 1 shot force powers the boss sabers have, along with devastators. After all three were defeated a warp would appear leading the factions back to the temple of the ones. Except now instead of a beautiful temple, it would be in ruins form Abeloth’s grief of killing her family and her immense power. Broken statues would be strewn across the ground in ruins and only one massive throne would be in the center, with all the others topples and cast to the side. In the throne Abeloth would sit, guarded by several human-esk AI that would be turned towards her will. She would have 70k hp, and have full access to all the force powers the boss saber allows, besides group choke. And she wouldn't be allowed to one-shot Luke Skywalker or Darth Crate. And Luke and Crate would each have 40k HP. After defeating Abeloth, Luke would say that they merely destroyed her physical form, but in time she would reform and return to influence and try to destroy the galaxy again. That ending leaves open the possibility for more events based around this event. After each part everyone who did not die more than twice will get regularly roles.

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of the requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[ X]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [Austin], have permission from [Moxxi] to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.
[X ]

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated): Well having been on the server for well over a year. And being a T-GM before, I know what is expected of T-GM’s and GM’s alike. The main reason I am not a T-GM anymore was because I stepped down from the position to go for T-Mod because I noticed that late at night there weren’t many active staff one and I would have to take care of whitelisting and other things, which was not my job, but if I did not whitelist new Acolytes and Initiates, that would drive them away from the server which I did not want. But recently having become much more active I have realised two things. One, there are a lot more staff active later at night, taking care of people joining at late times and needing whitelists. Two, the amount of RP events and events on the server have been dwindling lately, and I want to change that. Because I believe if there are more events that are fun, not just RP but other types as well, then old members might come back, or it would entice new members to stay longer because they would look forward to fun regular events. And I feel I could provide those much needed fun events that the server needs to stay afloat for longer, because I honestly love the server and really truly enjoy being on it. I have made great friends on this server and I want others to experience what I did back in the glory days of 3.0, when the server was filling up everyday, there were lots of fun events and players were active and had fun on the server. I want to bring that back and I believe hosting refreshing fun events is a huge part of that and something I can do.

Note: Gamemaster are not administrative staff. Gamemaster should not use their powers for anything besides their events. Unless instructed to do otherwise by Head Admin +.

Spectre8105

I'm fairly positive Fives and I accepted your app last time, you did good events until you kind of just dipped off the reborn
+1, don't leave this time, I doubt they'll give you another shot if you do

_optical_

I'm fairly positive Fives and I accepted your app last time, you did good events until you kind of just dipped off the reborn
+1, don't leave this time, I doubt they'll give you another shot if you do
Ok, I promise, I'll post LOA's at times when im busy with college also so you always know where I am

Ronin

+1 genuine good guy, Trusted in the community. I'd like to see what you have to bring as far as events and storytelling to reborn. all around a valued and integral part of the reborn community.

IROCONIAN

+2 honestly if he had the time he would be the lore playground maker I always wanted to be

Epic guy

when you get a chance can you break up the story so others can have an easy read. I can see how the event would be a breeze and good direction.

Arthas

-1 From what i have seen and what i know you aren't the best role player, and are not serious at all. When you get tortured you just go ow. It's not that i think you cant do the job. You just need lots more improvement before going onto a team that requires heavy, or mildly O.K RP skills to do so. So please try to improve on those skills.

_optical_

-1 From what i have seen and what i know you aren't the best role player, and are not serious at all. When you get tortured you just go ow. It's not that i think you cant do the job. You just need lots more improvement before going onto a team that requires heavy, or mildly O.K RP skills to do so. So please try to improve on those skills.
Fair, but to the whole torturing thing, I can't yell in like pain because im in a dorm and I have neighbors and the walls are not that thick. They might think something is wrong and come and knock on my door, or I could be distracting them from homework or essays or studying they need to do. Sometimes real life situations don't constitute RP

Arthas

Fair, but to the whole torturing thing, I can't yell in like pain because im in a dorm and I have neighbors and the walls are not that thick. They might think something is wrong and come and knock on my door, or I could be distracting them from homework or essays or studying they need to do. Sometimes real life situations don't constitute RP
You dont have to use your mic you can type thats the best way for rp

Status
Not open for further replies.