Steam Name: Gary Maxed
Steam ID - STEAM_0:1:83667901
Ingame Name(s) - KH Padawan P Sat
Server Playtime - 6D 10H
Garry’s Mod Playtime - 5700 hours
Warn Count - 1
Age - 18

ROLE SELECTION
Mark the role you are applying for with an X.

MERCENARY
[ ]
Requires VIP

FORCE USER
[]
Requires VIP

CITIZEN
[ ]
Requires VIP

HERO CHARACTER
[X]
Requires VIP & Hero Character Package

QUESTIONNAIRE
Event Character roles require a good amount of knowledge of lore, server history, and current server events.
Answer these questions as best you can to demonstrate these attributes.
Minimum effort will not be tolerated.

What interests you most in the Star Wars universe?

Over the years I have been staying with Star Wars, I believe the most intriguing thing is the creativity and expansiveness. Ever so, the Star Wars Universe still grows with legends, stories, and new lore being forged everyday. This wide amount of possibility creates almost a perfect arc of power and awe. I am most interested in the lore applicability of everything. All the stories can be connected to one thing, the Force; the main thing holding the Star Wars Universe together. The Force is what interests me the most, as it is every story, legend, and tale. It's power and use is so extraordinary throughout makes it possibly the best thing created out of Stories.

What is the name of your character, and what is their history?

During the Cold War and the Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, Satele Shan was a Force-sensitive Human female who served as the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. Satele was born on the planet Brentaal IV in the year 3699 BBY, the daughter of Jedi Knight Tasiele Shan, who was a descendant of the famed Jedi Knights Revan and Bastila Shan. She was enrolled into the Jedi Order and became the Padawan of Jedi Master Ngani Zho after inheriting her family's Force sensitivity, yet she later traveled to the Sith homeworld of Korriban to learn under Zabrak Battlemaster Kao Cen Darach. She was there when the planet Korriban was recaptured by the Sith Empire in 3681 BBY, and she managed to flee with the help of smuggler Nico Okarr and a Republic trooper called Jace Malcom, at the cost of Darach's life, to warn the Republic.

Shan became a well-known hero in the Republic after achieving the rank of Jedi Knight under Master Dar'Nala's instruction. She led her fellow Jedi and the Republic Military into battle during the Great Galactic War, becoming a well-known hero in the Republic. Despite the Jedi Order's prohibition on attachments, Shan grew close to Malcom, and their relationship led her to save Malcom and his small band of Special Forces warriors on the Core World of Alderaan when the Empire conquered the world in 3667 BBY. The Battle of Alderaan was turned in the Republic's favor when she arrived. She and Malcom had an affair after defeating the Sith Lord Darth Malgus in fight with the help of Malcom, which lasted six months before Shan cut it up out of fear of the soldier's wicked heart. Shan, however, was pregnant with Malcom's child, and with the help of Master Zho, she gave birth to her son, Theron, in secret before handing the kid over to the Jedi Order and returning to the war.
Shan was chosen to be a member of the delegation that will attend peace talks with the Sith Empire on Alderaan in 3653 BBY. The Empire, on the other hand, exploited the meeting as a diversion while attacking the Republic's capital, Coruscant, and holding the world hostage in order to force the Republic to sign the Treaty of Coruscant's demands. Shan stopped a plot to destroy the new peace, conducted by Dar'Nala herself, as the galaxy settled into an uneasy Cold War, and then departed on an odyssey across the galaxy, motivated by the call of the Force. Shan was appointed to the position of Grand Master and given leadership of the entire Order for her rediscovery of the Jedi Order's long-lost homeworld of Tython in the Deep Core, and for her rediscovery of the planet, Shan was appointed to the position of Grand Master and given leadership of the entire Order. Shan also taught her Kiffar Padawan, Shigar Konshi, to Knighthood in her new post, which included guiding the Order through a number of problems that erupted during the Cold War.

Shan worked with the Republic Emergency Response Corps to protect the unsteady peace and the innocents of the galaxy as the Cold War's fragile peace began to crumble, and she was alerted to a dangerous threat from the Sith Emperor by his former servant Lord Scourge when a daring mission she had authorized to capture the Emperor ended in disaster. Shan assisted the Jedi Knight known as the Hero of Tython in foiling the Emperor's intentions by personally leading an invading fleet in an attack on the Imperial capital of Dromund Kaas while the Knight confronted and defeated the Emperor. Shan collaborated with her former sweetheart, Malcom, in his capacity as Supreme Commander of the Republic Military, and the two defeated the prototype Imperial warship Ascendant Spear at Duro owing to the efforts of their son, Theron, as the rekindled war swept across the galaxy. Shan also made a temporary ceasefire with Darth Marr of the Empire in order to confront the threat posed by the Order of Revan, and the two led their combined forces in defeating the Order of Revan's returned Revan on the moon Yavin 4. Shan was disappointed by the casualties the Jedi Order endured under her rule after the Eternal Empire overtook the Republic and Sith Empire, and she relinquished her title, going into a meditative exile with the Sith Darth Marr.

What drew you to the character role you have selected?

While sitting on the toilet taking a shit. I was watching SWTOR videos, and the legendary Satele Shan showed up on it. It reminded me of the Satele Shan player that was on Reborn back a long time ago. The awesomeness, and reverence to such a character quickly made me intrigued by the possible roleplays and other events that can stem from such a role. Satele Shan's famous lineage make her easy to fall into an ego, however, she was able to calm herself and truly find peace in the force. Her battle skills, and wisdom made her one of the coolest people in Star Wars The Old Republic. I feel like my attentiveness, observation skills, and understanding of things make me clear a way for such a character.

What are your character’s main motivations, and how will you use that to drive your story?

The drive for correction. Satele Shan though a great Jedi, has small attributions given by the dark side. Her action and quick reasoning made her a formidable foe. Born with a powerful lineage in the force, Satele Shan was already destined for great things. When her master was murdered by the Darth Malgus on an orbital station, Shan regrets that she fled like a coward, and blames herself that she couldn't save him. She wishes to write such wrongs and nobly fight for the Jedi and restore peace and balance. Through countless journeys and redemptions in her life, she gained wisdom and knowledge that got her to the rank of Grand Master.

Using the understanding of her emotional state, and viewpoints. I will help drive stories that correctly reflect on her persona, and the life she wishes to achieve. Putting in the effort, hard work, and peace of her character through the struggle of the Jedi Order. Ranking up when ready, and overpreparing for battle. Satele Shan will be a great warrior, however, have a focus to help forge a great Jedi order that can overcome the Sith and other enemies that stand in the way of peace and justic.

LORE CHARACTER

What is your connection to this character?

When thinking about doing this application, it just came on me all the sudden; the realization of how good of a character she would be to play as. The attentiveness, quick whit, knowledge of herself and the tasks she needs to do, and her skill. I can reflect all of these attributes in a great lighting that is reminiscent of her persona. My roleplay ability may go perfectly with the character, from that I love it. Even if I didn't have any skill to carry her character arc, I would still be so intrigued and tempted to try and model her. Though, I am a hard sith player, I think her story line of a slight darkness within her create an interesting arc that can be used to my advantage and or used against the character. It all is to be seen what intriguing tales are to be written.

What is your understanding of this character's origins and history?

I remember my playthroughs on both Sith & Jedi on the game of SWTOR, and seeing her character pop up, here and there. I loved her persona and the intimidating yet calming poise. Her attentiveness led her to do great things, and it thus changed her throughout her lifetime. The losses - her master as a Padawan, the countless Jedi under her command - all took a toll on her, which led her to eventually of course resign, however, from each loss during her tenure she fought harder to right the wrongs and bring balance. Satele's numerous encounters with enemies made her battle experience far greater than any average Jedi or Sith, giving her such an advantage and why she was so talented. Her lineage with Revan and Bastila Shan also clearly pierce through her aura, from the strong energy that came from her.

How are you adapting your character to fit into the Reborn timeline?

Beginning with her taking up a great Jedi teacher and battle master, my master is already set to be Heart. Heart has great skill on the server and is known for such. Starting as his Padawan, I will work hard with him to prepare for the next step of setting up Satele's character post-acceptation into the reborn Jedi order. I will make sure to meet many people, and get acquainted with the order before thinking about taking the step to Knight. Once able to reach Knight, I will take a faithful journey with the organization I chose ( Most likely Vanguards or Guardians ). Practicing and working for the order to better it and foresee it's future down the line. Creating great roleplay scenarios within the community, following the Council and there needs, and get a good representation of Satele Shan onto the server.

What makes you best suited to fill this role?

Understanding of the character, and readiness to roleplay the character. I have already studied so much about her, and my will to play correctly of her is high in the regard to have a fun and great time on the server. I can quickly implement the path for her, and train to better my roleplay, and skill overall. The learning aspect of the Jedi just as she had to learn, and the sense of her character all can be why I am suited to be the character.

( I hope you can my willingness to be such a character and wishing to do so. )

Last edited:

Heart

+1, Good Player, Good Duelist, As my padawan, I see him fit for this role based on his knowledge of the force, dueling capabilities, overall leadership.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

AXOSPride

+1
Great RP'r so I'm sure he will do RP with a lore character like that one. Very dedicated to the server and when he puts his mind to something there is very little that can stop him from getting his mission complete. I feel with all his experience and knowledge he would be a perfect fit for this lore character

Clappy

+1 seems to have a good understanding of the character and how he will play as Satele in the current Reborn lore

JPL

Executive
Denied
You haven't played since you made this app if you return to the server feel free to apply again.