Backpeddle

IROCONIAN

Is it possible to nerf back peddle somehow?

not into lua coding or whatever so maybe experts can speak to this.

if i catch someone on guard or willing to fight i can bring their health down pretty quick and before they know it they are under 1k hp. the problem with this is and also the reason I have equiped lightning is that the person can back peddle and heal with revivivivification and groot heal.

so solving group heal is easy. you cannot use it unless you are healing a teammate with your usage.

revivivification keep the hp gain the same but extend the time it takes to fully heal you.

back peddling....yea so there are some that get triggered by this and i gladly duel them again and not use S key at all. beating them in most cases as we all become more focused and motivated to defeat the poop talkers.

Is it possible to reduce the acceleration for back peddling? or j...ust make it so you are 3/4 speed?

which would negate any advantage you have on someone back peddling.

combat evovles and eveb with meta stances people can still rock a aggressive 1 single blade and defeat them. so people rise to the occasion.

i have to admit it is annoying chasing a poop talker while they back peddle and claim they are sick at wiltos combat.

#possibletonerfbackpeddle?

IROCONIAN

I was debating doing this
3.0 had pretty good...neigh...Really good competition

this is why overthrows happened because it was skill based.

with all the force powers back peddle is a huge metta in the game and if someone doesnt fight you you cannot kill them without using force powers or your in tight quarters.

4.0 is a bit like street fighter ii turbo, no skill is involved when you can button smash.

if it can be done. please do it. Reborn thrives on competition and as of late nobody wants to pk duel as it is seriously no skill gap atm.

in combat it is a different thing if you are fighting with alot of people, but the pride of dueling is kinda lost.

to put it in perspective Tyr at lvl45 almost beat Redicule at level 255. he used ghost blade to hit Redicule 15times give or take. doing a "speed" build if a lvl 55 can have a speed build. the point is that backpeddling is basically removing yourself from combat. i think i am one of the only ones that slip past opponents instead of holding down S.

suggest watching maybe just the first 5 minutes
at 1:03 this is most new players on reborn

Ventum

force users really have it good, I mean like let's think about this for a second.

imagine you are able to literally hold 3 keys on your keyboard and have a fairly good chance at killing someone, those being your Shift, S and right mouse, and if the person you are fighting is dumb enough to chase you in a one on one fight, you are almost guaranteed to win. But the second another person comes to help your opponent, that makes it a 2v1, and your chances are highly diminished in that regard.

this doesn't even take into account troopers, which in my opinion are a direct counter to force users if used appropriately. how? well it's simple.

Step 1: Have a DPS/Tank dueler directly engage the force user
Step 2: have a trooper far away spamming the sniper
Step 3: play keep-away with the force user, making sure the trooper is never within force range
Step 4: distract the force user until the trooper inevitably kills them

point is, force users are able to be countered easily if you know what you are doing, but blindly rushing into a 1v1 with one is not the best idea.

as for actual duelers who backpedal, they can also be countered. in a duel, you need to anticipate the moves your opponent is going to make before they even make them, observe their attack patterns and watch for any cycles they make, for example, this is the most common one I encountered when I was active,

light attack, feint, parry, feint, heavy attack.

I wish I could provide a video example but i don't want to, nonetheless to counter someone with a speed build you need to find their dueling pattern, find the cycle of attacks they perform without being predictable yourself, while that may sound convoluted and difficult, if you want to get better this is how you do it, you adapt to the environment, not try to force changes that adapt to you.

though I would support a force nerf, like making force lightning/stream drain more force per second than the current amount, because like I stated anyone is able to equip a force build and just hold right-click for 2-3 mins and still have force left over.

IROCONIAN

force users really have it good, I mean like let's think about this for a second.

imagine you are able to literally hold 3 keys on your keyboard and have a fairly good chance at killing someone, those being your Shift, S and right mouse, and if the person you are fighting is dumb enough to chase you in a one on one fight, you are almost guaranteed to win. But the second another person comes to help your opponent, that makes it a 2v1, and your chances are highly diminished in that regard.

this doesn't even take into account troopers, which in my opinion are a direct counter to force users if used appropriately. how? well it's simple.

Step 1: Have a DPS/Tank dueler directly engage the force user
Step 2: have a trooper far away spamming the sniper
Step 3: play keep-away with the force user, making sure the trooper is never within force range
Step 4: distract the force user until the trooper inevitably kills them

point is, force users are able to be countered easily if you know what you are doing, but blindly rushing into a 1v1 with one is not the best idea.

as for actual duelers who backpedal, they can also be countered. in a duel, you need to anticipate the moves your opponent is going to make before they even make them, observe their attack patterns and watch for any cycles they make, for example, this is the most common one I encountered when I was active,

light attack, feint, parry, feint, heavy attack.

I wish I could provide a video example but i don't want to, nonetheless to counter someone with a speed build you need to find their dueling pattern, find the cycle of attacks they perform without being predictable yourself, while that may sound convoluted and difficult, if you want to get better this is how you do it, you adapt to the environment, not try to force changes that adapt to you.

though I would support a force nerf, like making force lightning/stream drain more force per second than the current amount, because like I stated anyone is able to equip a force build and just hold right-click for 2-3 mins and still have force left over.
i always say the harder it is the better the generation of players will be. however backpeddling is hardly fighting.

in boxing you step back to attack (jab) and forward to defend (hold) so this holds true to REBORN and yes we are sith and jedi so walking or running backwards should be just as fast as they are in tunes with their movements.

maybe we can try it.

but as far as group heal. i think this should only be allowed if you heal others at the same time or even just teammates. this will stop people from running away and force jumping into you once you disengage as a way to try catch you off guard. it may make people less inclined to run as yiu learn to fight by actually fighting and i feel. group heal. and backpeddling...meta forms are slowing the progression of new players leaving level 255 players that are new at the mercy of the experienced.

you do not win anything in REBORN by running away. you have to eliminate the enemy. though backpeddling, heal spamming keeps you alive.... it is a crutch that weakens the resolution of combat

I totally agree with Iroconian here, this needs to happen. It's not only with force that this is an issue, it's also with 1 on 1 duels. Like, in any other game you slow down when walking backwards. So maybe half the speed when you hold s.

Vethar

VIP
3.0 had pretty good...neigh...Really good competition

this is why overthrows happened because it was skill based.

with all the force powers back peddle is a huge metta in the game and if someone doesnt fight you you cannot kill them without using force powers or your in tight quarters.

4.0 is a bit like street fighter ii turbo, no skill is involved when you can button smash.

if it can be done. please do it. Reborn thrives on competition and as of late nobody wants to pk duel as it is seriously no skill gap atm.

in combat it is a different thing if you are fighting with alot of people, but the pride of dueling is kinda lost.

to put it in perspective Tyr at lvl45 almost beat Redicule at level 255. he used ghost blade to hit Redicule 15times give or take. doing a "speed" build if a lvl 55 can have a speed build. the point is that backpeddling is basically removing yourself from combat. i think i am one of the only ones that slip past opponents instead of holding down S.

suggest watching maybe just the first 5 minutes
at 1:03 this is most new players on reborn

Whatttt I just PK dueled pallox last night lol