Accepted Belial (Vasu's) GM Application MK. 2

Belial

GAMEMASTER APPLICATION
Please copy the entire form below and make a new thread in this section with all of the fields correctly filled out. Failure to correctly fill out this form within 24 hours of posting your application will result in your application automatically being denied.

QUALIFICATIONS

Steam Name - Belial
Steam ID - STEAM_0:1:508293481
Ingame Name(s) - [This was prior to the shutdown, putting it here]: Vasulitu (Emperor's App, Former Grand Master-- former Sage [JC] & High Consular), Anub'is (Sith Apprentice), Ultus (RT PFC), Thanatos (IT Private), Idris (Knight of Zakuul)
Server Playtime - 4 weeks, 3 days, 16 hours (copied from an older application, time was more around 5 weeks and 6 days prior to the shutdown iirc)
Garry’s Mod Playtime - 980.2 hours
Warn Count - 0; none that I know of
Age - 20

Relevant Experience
Servers - Reborn prior to shutdown
Roles - Standard Gamemaster

QUESTIONNAIRE
The Gamemaster role requires creativity, knowledge, and most of all, vision. Answer these questions as best you can to demonstrate these attributes. Minimum effort will not be tolerated.

What is your level of experience with Garry’s Mod construction and tools?
Adept understanding. Well acquainted with most of the tools. Would take a few minutes to get the rust off from a few months of not playing Gmod.

Why do you want to become a Gamemaster?
Prior position held on the server before the shutdown occurred. Was very passionate about the position, often hosted various events for the community and attempted to bring some lifeblood into the community. I would adore to host events for people and give them some general things to do outside of basic RP, grinding, and overall training whether they're big or small in nature, especially considering the re-launch!

You could say it's the same fondness I've have for reborn rekindling an old passion to tell stories and keep up an active RP environment that's filled with some more than interesting encounters.

Why should the community support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players?
My stance hasn't changed too much on the topic of qualification. It's not a word I would use - since the position is a privilege to begin with. Regardless of that, I do think a decent reason of support would be many people will be looking for things to do after the hype of the re-launch burns away, and while there will certainly be members of staff doing things - the team is pretty small at the moment, and they have other things to focus their attention on. I want to help take a little burden off their shoulders by running events and things like that. Giving the players something to do, just like they want to!

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
Various, mostly Lukir and Kestler were those I helped every then and again.

How well could you adapt to unplanned circumstances in something you have planned?

Very well, improvisation is the name of the game. I've been roleplaying for well over 12 years now and could handle most scenarios that go awry rather well. I've been GMing for a group of friends for a long time, kind of like a DnD thing but not necessarily DnD. The setting had a rather pre-defined story, but it was always about what their characters did and how they interacted with the world and environment around their characters. As one would expect, things often derailed due to the complexity or nature of certain characters and various story routes that weren't planned at all ended up being opened, but never in a bad way. I'm quite used to writing around Roleplayers and coming up with things on the fly based on what I have as a basis to reach a proper conclusion in those circumstances.

Things never go as planned more often than not. Even if there are twelve options you've planned, there will always be someone who picks the thirteenth option which wasn't even written to begin with. I feel like I'm more than capable of adapting to what people do - even if it's something I couldn't have possibly anticipated. After all, what's the fun of telling a story if you always know the outcome? Hahaha.

What interests you most in the Star Wars universe?
As I've answered on previous applications, it would be the Force. It is interesting due to what it is. A sort of mystical thread that is whimsical by nature, an aloof concept that many attempt to decipher, study, and understand within the Star Wars Universe. Some attempt to manipulate it for their own gain and prospects, others wish to use it for non-selfish means to aid others. But what truly has me is the fact that it can theoretically be used for anything. It isn't limitless, as everything does have its limitations, but the expansive creativity that one could use and garner from it is quite amazing within the universe. After all, what's not cool about a Jedi dying and then becoming a Force Spirit if they met the perquisites and truly teaching from beyond - or what's not cool about manipulating physics and the force like Plo Koon to create a dense fog that obscures your enemies' vision? It's just very expansive and truly "awe-inspiring" for what it can do in the right hands.

Now, taking what most interests you, craft a high-quality multi-part storyline (with characters, branches, anything that you see fit) that you could create multiple events from)
Tatooine's Endless Struggle

Recently, the cartel that aims to control sectors of Tatooine has been acting up more than normally. Due to this, a recent post for aid has been issued towards the Republic and Empire from a man called Shi'el Mav, a high-status political figure of the sector in which things are occurring.

They are informed of what in specific has been happening, the cartel has been imposing themselves more and more over the general people, eating away at the general supplies people have access to, enslaving women and children, and beginning to take out various political figures who have been seeking to stop the cartel's obsessive activity-- which, as a result of them doing that, is throwing the sector into chaos.

Choices:
The parties who are enlisted may choose how they wish to carry out their actions. If both parties are enlisted for this, then they may choose to work together or against one another. If the parties decide to work against one another, things will diverge differently. But if they chose to work together, the ultimate goal will be to suppress the actions of the cartel and ultimately bring the sector under control (which will result in an easier time for both parties). For the sake of the Republic, this would be to preserve peace. For the Empire, it would be more of a way that allows them to have sway over Shi'el Mav, indebting him to the Empire, which they could use to take control of that sector.

Overall, the story will go through various phases. Phase I is the exposition phase, phase II is the investigating stage, phase III is the conflict sate, and phase IV is the resolution . . . Ultimately, each of these will contain their own situations. The first is namely explaining and exploring what has happened, while investigation depends upon delving into the more intricate matters, with the third being the main forefront of 'dealing with this so-called threat,' and the final part-- part IV being the so-to-speak "end of what they chose and carrying it out".

. . .If both sides are participating, the side that has performed the best will get to choose the ultimate goal and way of progression betwixt Phase III and Phase IV - if one side is partaking, the choices they get apply as listed below and will ultimately be up to them alone (the individual parties if against another can also attempt to intervene in these actions if they catch wind):

Jedi Choices:
(1): Relieve cartel pressure -- clear out the cartel's leader (who will likely engage them in a heated conflict) and the forces and help provide aid to their society.
(2): Justice Served -- In the better interest of the republic, the Cartel's leader is to be captured and all members of their gang brought into custody, alongside aiming for the specific goal of freeing any enslaved women and children, while moving to provide aide to the society afterwards.
(3): Under the Care of Us Now -- Form a minor liberation and liberate the sector.

Sith Choices:
(1): Betrayal -- Betray the wishes of Shi'el Mav and side with the cartel, taking out those that wish to stop the cartel instead of stopping the cartel's leader; and assuming control for themselves in the place of those officials; forming an alliance with the cartel's leader.
(2): Liberation -- If the Sith wish, they may actually follow the wishes of Shi'el Mav, but they may use it for their own gain in the end such as indebting Shi'el Mav to their whims as cost for the Empire's help which could allow the Sith to secretly control that sector.
(3): Do it yourself -- After dealing with the cartel leader, the Sith may choose to assume his power and destroy Shi'el Mav and any forces who wishes to liberate themselves from future control-- subjecting them to the utility of the Empire, enslaving and pillaging more from the sector.

Each major section, upon resolution, will yield a reward to all participants. The first will be a sum of 10,000 credits. The second will be a sum of 25,000 credits. The third will be a sum of 50,000 credits and the fourth will be a sum of 50,000 credits and for top three players that perform the best will receive a standard Republic Surplus Crate. If there are multiple parties involved, it will be awarded to the top 3 of both sides.

If your application is accepted, you will be required to start a multi-event storyline as part of your trial. It is recommended that this be the first draft of that storyline.

USER-ADMINISTRATIVE AGREEMENT
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to: Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, or neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters.

[ Belial (Vasu) | Ronnie ]

USER PERMISSION CLAUSE
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [name here], have permission from [Senior GM+] to make my application, either via forum private message, steam, or in-game. I also acknowledge that if I am lying about my permission, that I will be denied the right to apply for any Reborn staff position in the future.

[ Belial (Vasu) | Ronnie ]

NOTE - Gamemasters are not administrative staff. Gamemasters should not use their powers for anything besides their events, unless instructed otherwise by an Admin+.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Owner
| +5 |
Great history & experience from last iteration.
Well-written and well thought-out application and story.