Bring back the glory days

Status
Not open for further replies.

IROCONIAN

*progress over privilege*

people work hard for ranks and it can be lost on a whim through abuse.

also, I saw Jedi dying and council wanted nothing to do with me. I would be training initiates during their meetings....after....before.....

The first two hours on the server is the most important

but people in power these days no fuck all about training or instilling a sense of wonder.

we forgot what that was like to be shaking in the middle of a duel

people played because it was competitive and you get to live the life

The bias and disregard for players efforts:
vanguard docs where wipped and everyone on the doc now (12 people) is seasoned folks all going for boto. council will likely just pick someone as 12 people to vote is a joke.

I would rather fight next to someone I do not get along with that gets the job done than die in the ditches with my friends. Trident use to be a curse word in the sith, now more of a punchline.

The past 11 people (not on docs anymore) brought into Vanguard was by me and they are going to be told when they log in again to remove their ranks

alot of double standards leak to players and it sullies them from pursuing anything further.

good old days 2.0=
-Unfaction leader ban Moxxi

-Make the PVP balanced so it is about strategu and tactics than power of lvls

-Galaxy tournaments focused on singular forms( factions can PvP train for tournaments)

-RAIDS/HOLOCRON RAIDS/WARs Make victories matter by giving a faction exclusive access to a neutral planet that if you travel there as another faction during this time you could be PKd. this rewards the faction that...role plays together for victory and reap the rewards as people switch lives to the winning faction and reconsider pursuing a that life. ( :: We did a holocron raid in which we only lost one Jedi and took out the Sith within 5 minutes. a full server mind you. after that we had Sith almost everyday for a week converting to jedi.::)

-Organic Faction Leaders = overthrows are a bit broken as it causes more harm even when the usurper is a better emperor. take a about a week to get things going in the right direction. Make a 2day (48hr) cooldowm between overthrow attempts. the cooldowm can be increased based on the attacking force. if the ot crew is 20 strong add a day or two to the cooldowm. this gives the attackers time to recover lvls if they died seek Darth rank etc without others calling ot during this. keeps people online grinding and the people in power to fix the gripes the Empire has with them.

-Make the true Golden Spike

I think an idea of a short term serious rp will be good for what iroc said ranks should be earned not given. I've seen alot of people do what they want to do instead of listening to things. Sith should be more cut throat and power hungry when moxxi was emp he would exile people just looking at him wrong way the screams sith to me(not saying moxxi should be emp again ) just saying with should feel more like sith. As for the jedi masters should do things with there padawan I've seen many times masters would just wait for there padawan to get to the level then just get them through the trial but as jedi it's your job to tech the padawans. Maybe add a narrative a story line(not event ) add a goal for both sides like figure out who is the hidden sith among the jedi by the end of the week or for the sith would be capture and torture jedi for information

Serin

VIP
This one is gonna be a long one but bear with me. To understand what's going on right now, I think we should look at the past, what made it fun as a player, and etc.

Overall, I think players aren't sticking to the server because they don't feel obligated to do so, either through lack of fun activities or constantly changing responsibilities.

Looking back at around 2.0, I feel that 2.0 brought the most balanced and fair gameplay. Did it have meta? Yes, but that doesn't mean certain things weren't viable. Every class had defined limitations, which were capitalized on by other classes. With no levels, the power gap wasn't as clearly defined as it is currently. However, since the leveling system has been here for a while, you have players who are trying to join the server and get an idea of what the server is like, fighting people who are level 250. Think about it this way: When 3.0 was released, everyone was still on relative fairgrounds, as everyone started from scratch, and progressed together. As time progressed, power became more defined, as people like me who legit had 160 hours on the server in two weeks carved through the sith on a rampage. I will admit, that definitely ruined the server for some and I apologize. But the fact is, nobody could stop me simply because my level and playtime was just higher than others. Now, especially since the level cap is constantly increasing, the difference is becoming more polarizing. I talked about this in my suggestion post, but it just isn't fun for players to stick around to get two shot by higher levels.

And you might ask, how do we fix that? I think we, as a community, because of this indiscriminate leveling system, have become more aggressive, and want to kill most things we see for the XP. We might not be able to fix the system, but we can change the way we think and interact with others to create more meaningful encounters with new players. Sometimes you don't have to kill EVERYONE on an enemy faction, you can be chill and still roleplay in a serious manner. Players shouldn't be waiting outside the community center so often to jump another player walking out. There are times where perhaps we may be killing people because we've deemed them personal enemies, but I'll get to that later. Point is, roleplay between factions doesn't always mean a bloodbath, it can mean interactions of dialogue, story, espionage, etc. It is a positive note that we are attempting to move towards an attitude of serious roleplay, and that should be praised.

On the note of roleplay, I feel there isn't enough weight behind every player's story now. I feel like every day that a player gets on, something meaningful should be happening to them personally, like training with their master and defeating a few sith together, bringing the padawan and their master closer together. Just small awesome moments like that, which create positive memories of the server to individuals. I remember training with Artorias one day in 2.0, and he helped me train to understand how to duel, and I thought "man, this is pretty cool, I'm gonna win tomorrow when I get on again". That spark eventually begins to fade over time, as the moments will start to lose their individuality, thus lessening the positive experience of the user. There are limits to everything, but we should be actively trying to create positive experiences with others and make the magic happen. Currently, I think (and this isn't fact, this is just what I THINK is happening) new players are getting destroyed by old players who have significantly more power, which doesn't really create positive experiences. On another JvS server which I played, I walked up to opposing faction players, and I said I was new and asked how to play. They showed me around and told me how most of the stuff works rather than killing me; I want to see more experiences like this happen to new players, they should feel connected.

Now onto the note of responsibilities: Think about the role of leaders, whether it be council or emperor, etc. It is bound to get stale after a while, and sometimes people can't find suitable replacements for themselves, causing deteriorating standards of quality (not bashing on any current leaders, just saying this happens sometimes/eventually). The positions just become the same eventually, Council is just council, and eventually, you run out of things to do to become even stronger. When I was wrath, I got sick of people just wanting to duel day in and day out, what was the point of being the position if it's not fun? So I just gave up, left it all behind, and that was that. People will eventually get tired of being a high power in the server, and they'll leave. You can't really stop it, and the old players who played have had their fun and gone. We just have to encourage and help the new players grow to take our places one day, becoming a positive force for other new players who join after. As I've already talked about the attitude towards new players, it's an innate flaw of the leveling system.

There's also the lack of purpose and content which we are lacking in compared to some other servers. Other servers have capture point systems which reward players with XP and etc. The majority of the enjoyable new content comes from events, which also eventually become repetitive after a point. It all gets lacking eventually, and the rushed lacking release of 4.0 doesn't help this. Players want content which can keep them in, giving them a sense of purpose, not gambling or busted executions. Distributing more and more items to players doesn't help either, it just makes the economy wack and provides only temporary satisfaction rather than solving the issue of gameplay other than "Kill other players on the server because why not", which I've already talked about and we should generally be striving to avoid.

I know this post has been long, but I think the main issue just revolves around the community's perception and attitude of what we should be doing, and we should be trying to change this, even if it's hard.

That was nearly and year ago so don't worry about it.

This one is gonna be a long one but bear with me. To understand what's going on right now, I think we should look at the past, what made it fun as a player, and etc.

Overall, I think players aren't sticking to the server because they don't feel obligated to do so, either through lack of fun activities or constantly changing responsibilities.

Looking back at around 2.0, I feel that 2.0 brought the most balanced and fair gameplay. Did it have meta? Yes, but that doesn't mean certain things weren't viable. Every class had defined limitations, which were capitalized on by other classes. With no levels, the power gap wasn't as clearly defined as it is currently. However, since the leveling system has been here for a while, you have players who are trying to join the server and get an idea of what the server is like, fighting people who are level 250. Think about it this way: When 3.0 was released, everyone was still on relative fairgrounds, as everyone started from scratch, and progressed together. As time progressed, power became more defined, as people like me who legit had 160 hours on the server in two weeks carved through the sith on a rampage. I will admit, that definitely ruined the server for some and I apologize. But the fact is, nobody could stop me simply because my level and playtime was just higher than others. Now, especially since the level cap is constantly increasing, the difference is becoming more polarizing. I talked about this in my suggestion post, but it just isn't fun for players to stick around to get two shot by higher levels.

And you might ask, how do we fix that? I think we, as a community, because of this indiscriminate leveling system, have become more aggressive, and want to kill most things we see for the XP. We might not be able to fix the system, but we can change the way we think and interact with others to create more meaningful encounters with new players. Sometimes you don't have to kill EVERYONE on an enemy faction, you can be chill and still roleplay in a serious manner. Players shouldn't be waiting outside the community center so often to jump another player walking out. There are times where perhaps we may be killing people because we've deemed them personal enemies, but I'll get to that later. Point is, roleplay between factions doesn't always mean a bloodbath, it can mean interactions of dialogue, story, espionage, etc. It is a positive note that we are attempting to move towards an attitude of serious roleplay, and that should be praised.

On the note of roleplay, I feel there isn't enough weight behind every player's story now. I feel like every day that a player gets on, something meaningful should be happening to them personally, like training with their master and defeating a few sith together, bringing the padawan and their master closer together. Just small awesome moments like that, which create positive memories of the server to individuals. I remember training with Artorias one day in 2.0, and he helped me train to understand how to duel, and I thought "man, this is pretty cool, I'm gonna win tomorrow when I get on again". That spark eventually begins to fade over time, as the moments will start to lose their individuality, thus lessening the positive experience of the user. There are limits to everything, but we should be actively trying to create positive experiences with others and make the magic happen. Currently, I think (and this isn't fact, this is just what I THINK is happening) new players are getting destroyed by old players who have significantly more power, which doesn't really create positive experiences. On another JvS server which I played, I walked up to opposing faction players, and I said I was new and asked how to play. They showed me around and told me how most of the stuff works rather than killing me; I want to see more experiences like this happen to new players, they should feel connected.

Now onto the note of responsibilities: Think about the role of leaders, whether it be council or emperor, etc. It is bound to get stale after a while, and sometimes people can't find suitable replacements for themselves, causing deteriorating standards of quality (not bashing on any current leaders, just saying this happens sometimes/eventually). The positions just become the same eventually, Council is just council, and eventually, you run out of things to do to become even stronger. When I was wrath, I got sick of people just wanting to duel day in and day out, what was the point of being the position if it's not fun? So I just gave up, left it all behind, and that was that. People will eventually get tired of being a high power in the server, and they'll leave. You can't really stop it, and the old players who played have had their fun and gone. We just have to encourage and help the new players grow to take our places one day, becoming a positive force for other new players who join after. As I've already talked about the attitude towards new players, it's an innate flaw of the leveling system.

There's also the lack of purpose and content which we are lacking in compared to some other servers. Other servers have capture point systems which reward players with XP and etc. The majority of the enjoyable new content comes from events, which also eventually become repetitive after a point. It all gets lacking eventually, and the rushed lacking release of 4.0 doesn't help this. Players want content which can keep them in, giving them a sense of purpose, not gambling or busted executions. Distributing more and more items to players doesn't help either, it just makes the economy wack and provides only temporary satisfaction rather than solving the issue of gameplay other than "Kill other players on the server because why not", which I've already talked about and we should generally be striving to avoid.

I know this post has been long, but I think the main issue just revolves around the community's perception and attitude of what we should be doing, and we should be trying to change this, even if it's hard.
I understand where you're coming from, but I constantly kill people because even though I'm max level it's pretty fun and it sometimes helps gravitate people towards joining my faction, so it's always positive on my side. Of course, being a lower level sucks, but that's why the factions you start out as have a requirement of having a Master to guide you around. Although when you're someone's apprentice or padawan, they don't always help you out when you need it so maybe that's something the Jedi and Sith can work on. As a trooper, you are kind of useless without any teammates, so it's understandable when low level troopers run out on their own, die, and then rage quit so maybe troopers need to teach new recruits that they are easily killed and exist as a support rather than a one man army. The server is attempting to head towards a more RP positive area and I think that is for the better like you said, there's no real goal once you reach a certain point and RP will help some people become more entertained and help keep them and hopefully new players in the server. I will admit though, although I don't mind RPing, I prefer to just walk around aimlessly and fight anything I come upon as I enjoy a good challenge and PvP is still a lot of fun to me, despite how much I fight people, so stopping people from doing so will most definitely hinder their experience with the server and may cause them to quit as well.
I like your idea about a capture point and my faction attempted to create a player enforced capture point, for example whoever holds the tower is ruling over Tat. and whoever has the most time on it is free to call the planet theirs after a few days or so. I dunno, we never really attempted it as our faction leader was afraid of being OT'd and abandoned the throne. My faction also attempted to allow Council+ free transport to both Tython and Korriban so that whenever we felt like it we would visit for diplomacy, gathering alchemy materials, dueling, are just generally talking with the other faction as opposed to just fighting them constantly. Of course we still fought them on Tat. and called raids as the server would be insanely stale without any combat, but we still had an interesting relationship with the other factions. Earlier the new Emperor was upset we killed people on Tat. and called off our Council+ thing, so now things aren't as interesting for some people and it kind of sucks for the people that like RP.

Not much to really pull from this except PvP is fun as it benefits factions, Jedi and Sith (also Troopers in general) need to help new people out a lot more, RP is suppose to be more serious soon so that's a plus, and F U Poseidon you ruined RP for some people and now you will pay the price.

IROCONIAN

Everybody here has commented on their first experience on Reborn. You can see my first two hours because for no real reason at all I decided to stream on twitch. Maybe I was overwhelmed by the world and the idea I can play a character in such a rich environment.

you may think organizations, raids and overthrow are boring. I remember only hearing about them thriugh other players and they were points of contention as well as polarizing them to act.

The things that happen on Reborn matter to the people it happens to.

we really should focus on every faction being able to train folks.

I had an Padawan not know he had to drop his sabers when 3v1 and under 350hp.(the fear rp hp should be raised btw)

granted I did not know of the FEAR TO rule at level 90! as I was rarely ever against someone who I could not kill and was ussuall y the last man standing or running. I did not have force heal so always planned for a smooth disengagement when overwhelmed and tried to draw the weaker with me.

I stayed away from darths and Sith with wierd names and did not know Eternal Empire was its own faction until we were raided by them. must have been lvl50 then.

I went on a raid and an event offworld twice in in my first 70 levels, I FEARFULLY WENT TO kashyyk on my own not knowing what to expect . CHECK LOGS. I stayed on Tyhton for 70 levels because there was sooo much to do and learn.

yesterday I was able to duel 4 people on Tython in an hour. 2 of my opponents where hit with blasters and in one of the coolest closest duels since I started reborn a trooper and Jedi decided to ruin it by deflecting a blaster bolt into him on purpose. a few people scoffed at the fact such an intense battle ends like this. but that SUMS UP REBORN GAMING.

blasters and sabers should not take 30 hits to kill you. the power should not be in your swing or lvls. but in the hilt and blaster.

no more verbal warnings.

Last edited:
I dunno, we never really attempted it as our faction leader was afraid of being OT'd and abandoned the throne. My faction also attempted to allow Council+ free transport to both Tython and Korriban so that whenever we felt like it we would visit for diplomacy, gathering alchemy materials, dueling, are just generally talking with the other faction as opposed to just fighting them constantly. Of course we still fought them on Tat. and called raids as the server would be insanely stale without any combat, but we still had an interesting relationship with the other factions. Earlier the new Emperor was upset we killed people on Tat. and called off our Council+ thing, so now things aren't as interesting for some people and it kind of sucks for the people that like RP.

Not much to really pull from this except PvP is fun as it benefits factions, Jedi and Sith (also Troopers in general) need to help new people out a lot more, RP is suppose to be more serious soon so that's a plus, and F U Poseidon you ruined RP for some people and now you will pay the price.
I heard a different story. Message me on Discord or next time you see me on TS so we can talk this out, cause honestly, I've been saying that I wanted to keep the functionality of the Sith + the server over RP, I see that RP is definitely important to the server and ESPECIALLY the Sith if we want to fix this problem that Reborn has been facing.

DeeDee

G'day, Former player here (1.0-3.0)
The glory days as I saw them, were when rank mattered. There was a certain sense of joy we all got back in 1.0 when we moved up a rank, especially knight-master or lord-Darth. The trials were hard and required real practice and training back then. Nowadays the difficulty is determined by what level you are. lvl 134 as a Sith Lord? why not go be an over-powered padawan for the hell of it.

When it comes to bringing back 'RP', I've said it for years and I'll say it again... RP is only sought after by certain people, because it HAS NO ACTUAL GAIN/REWARD FOR BEING DONE. RP was never the strong suit of this community, but at least back in the days of 1.0 where individualism hard to establish, using your wits and words could get you places. I joined the Inquisitors at some point back then, I kidnapped Jedi constantly and went through 'conversion' and torture scenarios. Where was the 'gain'? A member of the DC was watching, and as he rose to Emperor he made me Grand INQ. In my time as GINQ I brought the idea of RP having actual purpose to life within the org by rewarding good work.

RP doesn't just arrive out of no where because someone high up the chain said 'We need more RP'. RP comes when players are encouraged and 'rewarded' for doing so. I'm not saying that it should be a scenario of "You talked to the Jedi instead of killing him? Here's 100k!". What I'm saying is that there should be some form of system that not only encourages players to make the effort, but support them when they do.

RP has failed on this server time and time again. Notice how Sorcery seems to die almost immediately every time a new Grand Sorcerer is placed in? The RP done by this organisation, never actually achieved anything, simply because they never had anything to work towards or accomplish. You can get them to "Gather and ingredients of Tython" all you want, but at the end of the day, no matter their success, they haven't gotten anywhere.

The ONLY play style the current system promotes, is killing other players as frequently and as efficiently possible.

TL;DR: Why RP when Killing people gives you XP?

Kallig

I cant really say much as I only played Reborn when it first came out with a few friends of mine aka Malagoth/Malice, Morgoth, Sonicx, and Ziljian Bor along with Quakes cant forget about him, but I was attempting to get into the server again it kinda feels like its just a warzone server with no structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.