Accepted Brutus' GM Application

Brutus

VIP
GAMEMASTER APPLICATION
Please copy the entire form below and make a new thread in this section with all of the fields correctly filled out.
Failure to correctly fill out this form within 24 hours of posting your application will result in your application automatically being denied.

QUALIFICATIONS
Steam Name - Brutus
Steam ID - STEAM_0:1:126448741
Ingame Name(s) - Pak Sima (Before Server Hiatus) Nalah Maru (New server)
Server Playtime - Unknown
Garry’s Mod Playtime - 5,381
Warn Count - 0 to my knowledge, possibly 1 for pac abuse way back
Age - 17

Relevant Experience
Servers - Reborn JvS, BLN CWRP
Roles -
Reborn: Dark Council Member 3 times, twice Grand Sorcerer/Sorceress, once IG lead in-between and now High Consular for Jedi. During that time I have been a heavy role player, a heavily invested org leader, and an active member of the community making docs, systems and holding trials. Because of that I feel I know what kind of roleplay interests different groups of Reborn players and thus what events and storys to run to hold player interest.
BLN CWRP: Senior Gamemaster, known for builds with props for sims or full events. On BLN we were able to switch maps when needed for events, but I always prided myself in my prop building skills for area construction and detailing to create environment that could function for RP and gameplay just as well as a map change. Of course there have not been map change events in the recent history of reborn, and I would still primarily host prop built events on the base map, but I have some ideas for major server events on other maps as storyline finales or server update releases.

QUESTIONNAIRE
The Gamemaster role requires creativity, knowledge, and most of all, vision.
Answer these questions as best you can to demonstrate these attributes.
Minimum effort will not be tolerated.

What is your level of experience with Garry’s Mod construction and tools?
I would consider myself highly experienced with Garry's mod construction and tools as well as most of the popular workshop construction mods. I would estimate at least 1,000, upwards of 2,000 of my Gmod hours are from building, on or off server.

Why do you want to become a Gamemaster?
With my experience I believe I can hold some high quality events with heavy roleplay for the serious role-players of the community while still holding the interest of gameplay focused players with interesting situations, event mechanics, etc. Additionally as a member of Jedi Council I hope to use my position as GM to help run trials and give both player sides opportunities to interact outside of picking fights for the hell of it. Most importantly to me, this new server lore lets me run events in a time period I have been fantasizing stories for for ages without an outlet, so I can see myself staying motivated for a good long while.

Why should the community support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players?
I feel my activity in this community over the past year or so has helped me make a name for myself as a great role-player in the eyes of most players who has the knowledge and experience to give the player base what they want. However, that is not to say that I know definitely and I am always open to criticism from anyone. Additionally I feel my numerous hours of Gmod building make me more dependable then a true first time GM in terms of my event quality and production speed as I know how to improve builds and how to properly prebuild.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
Yes, but only as an actor and occasionally giving my two sense, based on my experience, to GMs I was friends with.

How well could you adapt to unplanned circumstances in something you have planned?
Very well, the ability to improvise and having an open mind were the two most important aspects of GM's back on BLN and I hold myself to that. Stories are first and foremost meant to be enjoyed by the reader/player and then the writer so I always make sure to cater to my players first rather then holding to the plan I hold for my story, without losing it's integrity or structure. In addition to my improv Gmod building skills, I tend to make "shell rooms", more or less vacant space that can just be added to event builds on demand, for my events so that I can make more areas or rooms that I did not build in the prebuild or didn't see coming.

What interests you most in the Star Wars universe?
There are two aspects of the Star Was universe the thoroughly interest me, first and foremost, the expansive and detailed world and characters hold my interest in any Star Wars story or game and I find myself wanting to investigate different routes to see all the different interactions, uses, and aspects of Star Wars Canon. Secondly, in addition to the inspiration those details give me I the scope of the world that the Star Wars universe presents allows me to create my own characters, races, worlds to create interesting stories while still staying within the grounds of Star Wars as there is still uncharted territory in it's world that can be made just as detailed as canon, as evidenced by the various Star Was Legends comics, well-made fan series and so on.

Now, taking what most interests you, craft a high-quality multi-part storyline (with characters, branches, anything that you see fit) that you could create multiple events from.

If your application is accepted, you will be required to start a multi-event storyline as part of your trial. It is recommended that this be the first draft of that storyline.

Story Rough Draft
The Hunt for the Scourge

After the reformation of the Jedi Order a new Sith sub-faction, comes to knowledge. A group of assassins, dubbed the Scourge, were discovered to have been abducting force sensitive children across the galaxy, working in the shadows left by the absence of the Jedi Order, however, in recent weeks they have become more brazen, attacking both Jedi and Sith so they can drain their force power. This gains the attention of both the Sith and the Jedi as they take action to stop the Scourge by whatever means the players RP.

In the beginning the story will be mostly moved by Scourge assassination attempts on both Jedi and Sith happening "randomly" during my events or during passive RP however they will have tells that players should be able to pick up on such as: A signature saber hum, a specific line of dialog that people who are "bait" for the Jedi and Sith will say, and so on. This would go on until the entire servers encounter atleast 3 scourge assassins at which point a Scourge envoy will deliver a message to each faction inviting them to a meeting to discuss a possible alliance. This would be the first proper event in the story line.

As a quick note: Consumed players would be depowered for the duration of the event, but by the time that players are actually getting consumed, their will be a cure that can be acquired, or alternatively if the Scourge who consumed someone's energy is killed, the power returns to the player. Power consuming will mostly be cured by the end of most events except in a few cases that will be noted as such with a PK threat or if the player asks to be consumed for longer then the event.

Major Event 1: The Banquet

The Scourge would invite both the Jedi and the Sith to an old abandoned Je'Daii temple, under the connotation of it being a diplomatic meeting however the Jedi would receive a message telling them to enter the temple at an early time and wait for them while the sith are told to arrive a bit later and that the Scourge will be waiting. This will, if players don't catch on, a face off between the Jedi and the Sith once they both enter as they are trapped in the temple together by a trap set by the Scourge. The Scourge will only let one group go if they kill the other, other wise the Scourge will rain down upon them both.

If the Jedi win: They are set free, and the downed Sith have their energy sucked out of them and the Scourge will teach them how to regain their power from the Scourge through meditation (Meditation RP proctored by me or other GMs).
If the Sith win: They are set free, and the downed Jedi have their energy sucked out of them and the Scourge will teach them how to regain their power through hate (Meditation RP proctored by me).
If the parties work together: The scourge will appear to fight them and if...
They win: The scourge assassins die restoring anyone's power they have consumed during the encounter
They lose: The scourge assassins consume them all and leave a message for both sides telling them how to heal their wounded.

Depending on the outcome the Scourge will now choose a new primary target for feeding which would be the winners of the banquet with the other group being mostly left alone. But, in the event of the parties working together, the Scourge will continue to attack both.

Following this event their will be more Scourge attacks and mini events where each faction can fight for physical cures of the Scourge consumption, or just attack scourge outposts outright. During these events where the players attack the outposts they will make discoverys about the lore of the Scourge. Eventually these discovery's would eventually lead to the discovery of the Scourge's leader's identity and their ritual site. The ritual site would be the location of the finale and raid.

Without spoiling the Raid, the concept is as follows: The Scourge are functioning out of a ginormous catacombs in the depths of an uncharted planet. The goal of the players is to patrol through the catacombs and reach the main ritual chamber where the Scourge's leader is conducting their grand plan. The temple will be full of traps and puzzles stylized to an ancient egypt esc theme, with Scourge attacks around every corner.

This series would take course over a bit under a month, with the final events such as the raid, big events with big lore drops and such happening within one week of each other at the end.

I have left some details out of this plot summary as not to spoil players, but if you are ok with getting spoiled I am happy to give you those details. And of course this is only the rough draft, things will change.

USER-ADMINISTRATIVE AGREEMENT
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, or neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters.
[Brutus]

USER PERMISSION CLAUSE
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, Brutus, have permission from [Senior GM+] to make my application, either via forum private message, steam, or in-game.
I also acknowledge that if I am lying about my permission, that I will be denied the right to apply for any Reborn staff position in the future.
[Brutus]
Permission granted by Ronnie

NOTE - Gamemasters are not administrative staff. Gamemasters should not use their powers for anything besides their events, unless instructed otherwise by an Admin+.

Ronnie

Owner
| +5 |
Very good answers to the questionnaire and a high-quality rough draft that incorporates player interaction into the future of the storyline.

kai

+1 , cool guy put a lot of effort into the server would love to see him grow and progress the server

Pain

+3 whats up Pak been a while :) stories great and the app is well written with high quality answers i also know from experience that your a good guy and put effort into things

Ronnie

Owner
| ACCEPTED |
You have been granted the rank of TRIAL GAMEMASTER.
Please read through the administration guidelines and speak with the current Gamemaster team to join your forces together.