Accepted Carl Wheezers Gamemaster Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUALIFICATIONS
Steam Name - Carl Wheezer
Steam ID - STEAM_0:0:167919204
Ingame Name(s) - Grand Sorcerer Momin Viktis, KJ Padawan Kiel Dromas, Shadow SPC Grendal
Server Playtime -
2w 0d 2h
Garry’s Mod Playtime - 1,764.4 hrs
Warn Count - 0
Age - 18

Relevant Experience
Servers - Gaminglight, Invictus Halo RP
Roles -
Gaminglight:

Invictus:
Event Team
Admin

QUESTIONNAIRE
The Gamemaster role requires creativity, knowledge, and most of all, vision.
Answer these questions as best you can to demonstrate these attributes.
Minimum effort will not be tolerated.

What is your level of experience with Garry’s Mod construction and tools?

I have a good amount of building experience from other positions and hours of solo building, though I haven't built much as of recent. I know most of the tools and their functions well though I'm sure I've forgotten some things.

Why do you want to become a Gamemaster?

I want to spice up the server and be a part of why people are active, as well as leading storylines to help other players enjoyment of the server. It would also allow me to create more lore for the Sith and the branch I lead without having to get someone else to run events for us.

Why should the community support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players?

I've been a (near) constant face around the server for about a month now, and have shown my willingness to work as well as my capability to give good results.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?

I have participated in many events, though I have not assisted in running an event on the server as of yet.

How well could you adapt to unplanned circumstances in something you have planned?

I'm quite good at improvising, mostly due to years of DMing DND campaigns and other PBP tabletop games. Unexpected moves or circumstances can be easily worked around in the heat of the moment.

What interests you most in the Star Wars universe?

I am most interested in the force and its near limitless possibility for lore and applications to the universe. The force is a huge and vital part of the Star Wars franchise as it allows so much creativity related to it.

Now, taking what most interests you, craft a high-quality multi-part storyline (with characters, branches, anything that you see fit) that you could create multiple events from.

Phase 1: Whispers of Dathomir

A strange phenomena has been reported by several Sith, there are whispers originating from the catacombs. These whispers have moved to the main temple, raspy voices speaking a rare language. The whispers are deemed to be Dathomiri, a language created by the native inhabitants of Dathomir. These whispers are to be investigated and followed to a secret room in the catacombs, where they would be tested by ancient Nightsister rituals, three rooms of trials being required before they find the source of the whispers and the entire message being transmitted via a Holocron inside of a Matrons tomb. Each trial room has a chance for secrets to be found, the first having archives of what has occurred with the Nightsisters allegiance and their recorded fall, the second containing a useful hint for the second phase, and the third having an Artifact of the Nightsisters, A vial of the Waters of Life, an extremely potent healing elixir.

Phase 2: Operation Sleeper

A Sith (Jedi presence possible if asked for assistance via the proctors) event following the previous, the Council sends an operation team of Sith to Dathomir, searching for the presence of Nightsisters on the planet and finding an abandoned coven with a vengeful wraith occupying it. The Sith are attacked and tormented by the spirits, investigating the coven grounds and what still remains in the blood-soaked grounds of the Dathomir tribe. After finding the traces of what attacked and annihilated the coven and identifying it, the Sith are tasked with evacuation, the spirits seemingly content with their killers being found. There is opportunity to gain many materials on Dathomir, as well as one more artifact and the chance of encountering the ancient beast 'The Sleeper' (A Soft PK situation, The sleeper is usually docile to those of Dathomirian descent or those trained in the Nightsisters ways/bathed in the mists of Dathomir), + more lore on the happenings of the Nightsisters and Dathomir.

Phase 3: (Don't) Disturb the Dead

There are three options for phase 3 due to previous findings and interactions, listed below.

Option 1: Pre reqs (Find the Waters of Life, speak with and recover the Holocron in "Whispers of Dathomir", find ancient Nightsister texts in "Operation Sleeper")

The Sith are alerted by the stored Nightsister Holocron of their killers movement, and the Sorcerers feel a vast danger through the force. A reanimated squad of specialized Ancient Sith are sent to Korriban, under control of the one who pillaged and demolished the Nightsister coven through use of an ancient and powerful Dathomirian Ritual. The Ancient sith (yet to be named) arrive with a notable and thought dead Sith Darth, sieging Korriban before retreating once more to Dathomir. Once followed they will have set up in the coven, now using tricks and traps before one final confrontation. The spirits of the Nightsisters can be summoned by those who attempt with a good explanation/means to assist against the Ancient Sith.

Option 2: Pre reqs (Perform a ritual to speak with the dead Coven Mother and other Nightsisters and resist their attempts at possession, Encounter 'The Sleeper' and survive, recover Nightsister rituals and materials)
The same killers approach, though through a recovered Nightsister ritual, the dead Sith are much easier dealt with. They report on who reanimated them, and their whereabouts, sending the Sith to a different place on Dathomir. A rogue force of sith who had defected are found to be holed up in a makeshift Coven, and are hostile upon interaction. They consist of two Darths, three lords, and apprentices depending on the number of Sith against them. The battle occurs in two phases, one where they must breach a barrier and disable/avoid the traps set for them, and one where the defected Sith use the force and send warriors to fight once the barrier is breached. After succeeding in both, the leader comes out and takes a last stand against the forces, empowering himself with a forbidden ritual and wielding Nightsister elixirs to aid him in combat. Once defeated there is a Ritual book and artifacts up for grabs, as well as a Kyber crystal containing the souls of the dead Coven.

Option 3: Pre reqs (Disrespect the spirits and earn their ire in Phase 1 and 2, neglect the investigation and find nothing.)
The ancient Sith are dispatched sooner, and arrive unannounced to the temple, being stronger than in both other options. Once defeated they retreat and can be tracked to Dathomir if it is attempted. If not it ends there. If tracked they are sent to the destroyed coven again, though they fight the reanimated Ancient Sith and the spirits of the aforementioned Nightsisters and their Coven Mother. The fight is extremely hard, with numbers balanced and odd occurrences happening. The leader is hidden in a building performing a ritual to control 'The Sleeper', adding it to the battle if not found and stopped. (Not a PK situation) If defeated, the materials of 'The Sleeper's corpse are collectable, as well as some artifacts and texts.

If your application is accepted, you will be required to start a multi-event storyline as part of your trial. It is recommended that this be the first draft of that storyline.

USER-ADMINISTRATIVE AGREEMENT
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, or neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters.
[
Carl Wheezer ]

USER PERMISSION CLAUSE
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [ Carl Wheezer ], have permission from [ Ronnie ] to make my application, either via forum private message, steam, or in-game.
I also acknowledge that if I am lying about my permission, that I will be denied the right to apply for any Reborn staff position in the future.
[
Carl Wheezer ]

Status
Not open for further replies.