Cruen's Admin Application

Cruen

ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF APPLICATION
Please copy the entire form below and make a new thread in this section with all of the fields correctly filled out.
Failure to correctly fill out this form within 24 hours of posting your application will result in your application automatically being denied.

QUALIFICATIONS
Steam Name: Zachdoesntfail
Steam ID - STEAM_0:1:88821475
Ingame Name(s) - Cruen Bor
Server Playtime - 5D, 21 HRs
Garry’s Mod Playtime - 4,860.3 Hours
Position being applied for - Admin

Warn Count - 0
Age - 19

Relevant Experience
Servers - Reborn Gaming

Positions - Moderator, Sr. Moderator, Admin, Sr. Admin, Gamemaster, Sr. Gamemaster

Responsibilities - The ranks all served the same function as they do now, save for the ones that have been removed. As a moderator I was taking low level whitelisting and dispute sits, as sr. mod I started to focus more on solving actual problems between players, as an admin I focused more on helping newer staff, as well as doing things only I had the perms for and during my sr. admin trial I spent time helping new staff members and players get acquainted with the server, though I did end up dropping staff soon after due to being burnt out.

As for gamemaster I hosted regular RP and minigame events, I tried to make good quality events and give them to players as much as possible, I built several raid dupes and helped org leaders run small missions for their orgs. My time as sr. gamemaster was shorter, but I kept on hosting regular events and did my best to help other gamemasters improve their events. Shortly after being sr. gamemaster I switched to staff.

Leave blank or put N/A if you have no previous administrative experience.

QUESTIONNAIRE
A position on the Administrative Team requires patience, responsibility, and a level head.
Answer these questions as best you can to demonstrate these attributes.
Minimum effort will not be tolerated.

Why should the community support your application?

I believe that the community should support my application for a few reasons. First off, I have the genuine best interest of the server at heart. I have done this job before a few times, I know what comes with it, and I am wanting to actively give up some of my free time to essentially do a job that I am not paid for. The reason I want to do this is because I really enjoy playing on this server, I have for multiple years now, and I want to do my part to keep the server up and running as smoothly as possible. The second reason I believe the community should support me is my experience. Like I said before, I have done this job before, and I know what I'm getting into. I'm a college student and I'm fairly busy, but I'm willing to put my free time into the server, and I know that I have enough free time to be an effective staff member. The third reason I would give is that I really just want what's best for the community. I've been here for (as I mentioned earlier) YEARS. I have seen so many different people join this server, become good friends with them, then see them leave the server and end up never speaking to them again. I have friends, enemies, people who I barely remember, and everyone in-between. All I really want is to create an environment on the server that allows everyone to have a fair shot, and enjoyable time playing. I don't think I've ever been a particularly bad staff member, and since I was staff I have grown and matured as a person, so hopefully I can be even better.

What makes you more qualified than other players?

I feel like saying I am more qualified than other players isn't really that important. Don't get me wrong, I am. I've been staff before, and I was good enough to move up the ranks fairly consistently. I did my job, I did it pretty well, and for a while I enjoyed it. The reason I say "for a while" is because being staff is pretty cyclical for me, I do it for a long while, get burnt out, activity drops off a bit, and I resign. But just because I might not be a permanent fixture of the staff team doesn't mean I would be doing a bad job. Overall I would say that I am qualified because of my experience, my dedication to the server, and I'd also like to say I have some pretty decent common sense.

What are your primary focuses in successfully handling an administrative situation?

My primary focus in an administrative situation is always de-escalating the situation. If it's a disagreement between players by the time staff get there it's usually two people yelling at each other and making absolutely no sense. Therefore the best thing to do is separate them, talk to them calmly and give them a chance to gather their thoughts past the initial feelings that they're dealing with. Once everyone has calmed down enough, I would try and gather information from both sides of the situation, what happened, when it happened, why, who was involved, etc. Once the information was gathered from all parties involved if there were logs that needed to be checked or some other means that could clear up the situation, I would check that. Once all of that has been done, I would take into account what I had heard and put together, then take action based on it. Once the action had been taken I would calmly explain why I had decided to do what I did in the most clear and honest way possible, none of that "I'M THE STAFF MEMBER AND WHAT I SAY GOES!" BS. Talk to them like people, explain what I'm doing and why, then once I'd done it I would send them both back to whatever they were doing previously.

Why did you choose this community to serve as staff?

Bottom line is I'm a part of this community and I want to see it succeed. I've seen how amazing it can be and just how bad it can be. I have great friends in this community and I know they enjoy playing on the server, and all I want is for them to keep having that environment. Not to mention the fact that I enjoy playing on this server and I want to do my best to help it because I love it. I really don't think it has to be any more complicated than the fact that I'm a member of this community with experience, who has the time and the desire to help out where he can. So why not?

USER-ADMINISTRATIVE AGREEMENT
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, or neglect of the responsibilities placed on Administrative staff.
[Cruen]

USER PERMISSION CLAUSE
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [Cruen], have permission from [Ronnie] to make my application, either via forum private message, steam, or in-game.
I also acknowledge that if I am lying about my permission, that I will be denied the right to apply for any Reborn staff position in the future.
[Cruen]

Cruen has shown he is not only capable of being a fair and just staff member, but one proficient in critical thinking skills, eloquence, and has just generally displayed that he has a solid head on his shoulders with a will to make this community better. Not much else I need to say to be honest.

+1

Geico

Owner
Website Developer
Developer
Cruen is one of those people I always thought was a staff member just based on his mannerisms and how well-spoken he is. Cruen would not only do his job as a staff member, but he would be one of the best fits for a staff member I've seen in a very long time. Not only is he a responsible person but he is also very knowledgable about the server as a whole.

+1

Lukir

VIP
Knowing Cruen for years from this server, and knowing he's been through almost every rank that exists, I never remembered him ever abusing or being difficult to work with. Easily one of the top tier community members, enjoy being staff. Give this man the desk job immediately.

+1

AXOSPride

+1
I feel Cruen is very professional and will not abuse staff, he seems the type to fit the role perfectly and help those he can.