Deeko's GameMaster Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeko

Game Master Application

Steam name: Kuya-Kun
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:77086804
Ingame name(s): Marshal Commander Deeko, ST PVT Parts
Current play time: I played a few years ago back in like 2.0 but I took a long break from Garry's Mod. Recently been actively playing since July. Have played everyday/almost everyday for the past month and a half.
Time in Garry’s Mod: 1180 hours
Amount of warns: 0

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience: Previously a GM on a CloneWars RP server
Server(s): No longer active- "ASG Clonewars RP"
Time as position: 3-4 months

(Check off the answer you choose with a “x”.)

Would you consider yourself an good builder?
[x] yes
[ ] no

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: (if none leave blank)

Used NPC's as main OpFor (Opposing Forces) in CloneWars RP.
Build numerous fortresses, sims, and CQB training structures.
Significant quantity of hours in Gmod Sandbox mode.

Are you able to create a cohesive story?
[x ] yes
[ ] no

Experience with the creation of storylines, and knowledge of star wars lore:

Numerous run-through's of SWTOR and some experience with KOTOR
Hundreds of hours of YouTube lore videos
Stellaris play-through's have helped my story telling abilities significantly
Watched all movies except for Phantom Menace

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[ ] yes
[x] no
If so how many times?
[I didn't assist an event, but I designed and built the IT bunks]

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[x] yes
[ ] no

As a game master what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create story, etc.):
I want to develop a story line that will span over time and over multiple events. I really want to invest time into story-boarding a plot and developing this story line that will enthrall Reborn players. With my past events, I used to take historical examples and fuse them with Star Wars Lore, which would make extremely interesting and fascinating story-lines that numerous players would verbally praise.

Furthermore, I would use the game master abilities to create sims or training's during the time when events are not being developed; so as to not over-saturate the server with events.

Plan an event (story based or building based):

---Plot---
-1st Event-
Using her near-omnipotent abilities, Abeloth has secretly raised a horrifyingly powerful organic military force in the Maw, the center of the Galaxy. Her arrogance has brought her to believe that she can wage war on all of the major factions in the Galaxy. Finally, emerging out of the Maw, she assaults Tython to begin her conquest of the Galaxy (Tython is the closest planet of the planet's on the server to the Maw). She then moves on the Korriban, utterly destroying the planet; then, onto Naboo. During her conquests, she steals valuable holocrons/data from each of the 3 factions. Throughout all this, Abeloth's identity remains secret.

-2nd- Event
A few days later, the faction leaders enter into a shaky alliance, called the coalition, to defeat this ominous force. Through analysis of the battle, it is revealed to the faction leaders that it was Abeloth who had assaulted their territories. They discover that her forces have developed a Forward Operating Base on Kashyyyk; subsequently, they rally their forces to remove them from the galaxy. They defeat the opposing force, but discover through examination of data in the FOB, that Abeloth had escaped to Tatooine. Abeloth resides in a cave on Tatooine, where a massive final battle will take place. Finally, the opposing force has been defeated.

Sample of my ideas

Tython
/advert Gurgling sounds- Miss we are nearing the planet now and preparing to exit hyperspace
/advert Scout the planet, lets see what we're up against
Spawns in "City Scanners"
-Waits 2 minutes-
/advert Massive fleet emerges from hyperspace
Spawns in Mon Cal cruiser
Spawns "Combine Gunships", "Striders", and "Antlions"
-Battle ensues-
-Leading Jedi member- /advert Who are these guys
-After some time-
/advert Gurgling sounds Miss, Tython's defenses have fallen, preparing the hyperdrive
/advert Woman's voice No, I hear this civilization withholds knowledge that could be useful to us. It is held within a vault in their "temple". Send my Immortals out to retrieve them

-Wait 5 minutes-

Korriban
/advert Gurgling sounds- Miss we are nearing the second conquest point
-Another player- /advert ITS THEM PREPARE FOR BATTLE
Spawns in Mon Cal cruiser
Uses Star Wars Laser to kill defending Sith
Spawns in "Combine Gunships", "Striders", and "Antlions"
-Battle ensues-
/advert Gurgling sounds These children have no place in contention with us. Recall the fleet, we are done here.
/advert Woman's voice Send the Immortals to recover their "holocrons"
-Retrieved holocron successfully-
/advert Gurgling sounds Activating the hyperdrive, we are leaving.

... More later. If I am able to get this position, I will prepare a descriptive story-board and script for these events.

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[x]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [Deeko], have permission from [Phaze] to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.
[x]

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated):

Personally, I love developing stories and events that others can enjoy, and thoroughly enjoy making the gameplay experience in games more fun and enthralling for other players. I am very passionate about this and sincerely believe that I can become a great story-teller. Furthermore, if my events are subpar I am not hesitant to act on feedback and improve on my game-making prowess.

In addition, I believe my previous Game-Master experience will exponentially increase my ability to develop captivating, interesting, and most importantly, fun events for players.

I sincerely hope that you will grant me this opportunity, because I am extremely passionate about this and I really want to serve the players of Reborn by making entertaining events.

+1, good event idea, I haven't had any problems with you, seem to be able to keep your cool when things go out of the ordinary. I would be happy to see you as a Gamemaster.

IROCONIAN

+1 You are on the front in my rp events and also do well in combat and teamwork. I see you alot on the server as well and hope that your grow into Gamemaster as it is not all roses and rainbows. You are the writer. producer. actor. editor. and advertiser of your own stories and i feel rewarded when i see players enjoy the journey.

Being a great Gamemaster is alot about attitude

-1 considering you aimbot more than me. not really gm type thing to do (flicked to me as a darth, you were IT, across the map while fighting a jedi) and kept doing it even after staff were spectating you.

Deeko

@twitch.tv/anzati1 I wasn’t aim botting honest to god. I was using the rifleman kit and I actually practice tracking targets cus I play squad competitively. Also I don't recall the situation that you described. Pls consider this because I swear on everything I wasn’t aim botting.

Last edited:

Toca

+1 Great Guy,love the event idea.
You would be the first Trooper main to be gm
Windu/Foxes was GM before and played alot on his Trooper life

Status
Not open for further replies.