Delta's Gamemaster Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xidant

Gamemaster
Steam name: Slag
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:100485543
Ingame name(s): Delta/Slab
Current play time: Currently unsure of how many hours on the server but can confidently say i have over 400+ hours on the server.
Time in Garry’s Mod: 2.3k Hours
Amount of warns: Only 2

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience: Made multiple events for superior server’s for multiple players to experience here are some examples

Server(s): Superior Server
Time as position: Spent a month as a TGM, Moved up to GM for 5 months Then Moved up to VGM for 7 Months, Got burned out after so long and resigned.

(Check off the answer you choose with a “x”.)

Would you consider yourself a good builder?
[
X] yes
[ ] no

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: (if none leave blank)

I have had multiple experiences with construction during my time as a GM on superior, and have built simulations room’s, training, Events, ETC. As for NPC Control, hosting PVE Simulations for open players to come into to make some cash was constantly something I had to do, and had to always adjust the NPC/ Control them due to the menacing amount of players.

Are you able to create a cohesive story?
[
X] yes
[ ] no

Experience with the creation of storylines, and knowledge of star wars lore:

Have made story line events in the past as i spent a lot of time being a GM on a clone wars server and had to make out a story line for multiple battalions related to the star wars franchise that includes creating story lines based off of comics the show itself, or even the movies. Currently, i have read a lot of the comics published (legends) at least for clone wars and have watched the series as well, i know most of the canon work within the lore and can confidently say i'm a star wars lore head.
Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[ ] yes
[
X] no
If so how many times?
[
0]

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[
X] yes
[ ] no

As a game master what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create story, etc.):
As a gamemaster i expect me to provide the players on the server, a better/fun experience for themselves, so whatever it takes from doing building, creating a story for them to experience, or hosting a PVP event, you can always expect me to put my heart and soul into my work and dedicate my time into bettering others on the server.

Plan an event (story based or building based):
A Group By the name of Sangria have recently rejected both the Republic and Empire ideals, and have recently been growing on members. These are a group of ex-military operatives/bounty hunters who know what they’re doing. They have been feeding off of drill plants to make droids for fighters.
Sangria has decided to gain political control over the planet Naboo due to the vast amounts of resources that can be used to make more Droid factories and Sangria Ships. They have offered the planet free protection through dangerous trade routes at no tax costs while the republic has still charged what the citizens have thought were outrageous taxes and fees for just being able to access republic trade routes.

The planet has begun their elections for a new ambassador and are deciding to choose the candidate that has secretly conspired with the group Sangria and when the republic candidate finds out why the other candidate has run he begins to send a report to his superiors in the republic to be wary of what has happened what the republic can hope to lose regarding resources and reputation they have with the population. The empire are there to take the planet by force, while the republic are there to co-exist by the rules and implant their new ambassador, both groups will be sent to take down the group and fend off for themselves at the very last moment. Whichever faction is left standing will take the planet.

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[
X]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [name here], have permission from [Senior GM+] to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.

[X]

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated):

Roleplay

As a VIP I have been able to participate in many roleplay scenarios. I am quite comfortable in taking on a role of any style whether it will be just cannon fodder for players or the commander leading a great army. I feel I have been able to get into this sort of thing since I used to play a lot of D&D and pathfinder games. Gamemasters put a lot of emphasis on "being your character," by putting to words what you will do and speaking word for word what you are saying to NPCs and such. It really gave me a better point of view of how roleplay should be done. This gives me the will to do the same for others. I don't want players to just run through a story like a damsel in distress and the bottom line is save her. I want to be able to add depth and show that some actions can change things drastically whether making an objective harder or way easier.

Maturity

During down time, I'm usually doing dumb things with friends, or messing around with others. However, I am definitely capable of taking things in a different direction and being serious when it is needed. I want to be able to give everyone a good experience and it would not be a good one if I am just doing everything halfway and taking it as a joke. As an RP/Combatant server, people join to have a good, well planned adventure and I want to be able to provide that for them. So giving it my all will of course give off to events and allow for players to truly feel a part of them. Maturity is a good trait especially since as a GM you will be receiving a lot of feedback, some not as good as others. It takes someone who is mature to be able to take that feedback and turn it around to be useful instead of pouting about how people do not like your events.

Personality

I like to think I have a mature personality, both friendly and approachable. I don't turn people away if they come to me with a question or ask for help with something. I'm someone that isn't afraid to ask for help or ask questions when I'm unsure of something. If I'm able to get a GM position, I would be more than happy to assist any GM with their events. Not only will I be able to learn from them but I would also be able to assist them so they can run their event easier. Along with my personality, I'm always looking for criticism because it will help me grow and improve my events.

Willingness to learn and improve

I'm always willing to learn from other people on stuff even though I've been doing it for years, I'm still asking for help, tips and advice. For this role I'll surely be asking questions a lot in order for me to improve and not make constant mistakes whenever I host something. That's always been my number 1 fear is to make a mistake because I have this perfectionist mindset that I don't want to do stuff that I'm not sure of yet and of course making me more prone to making mistakes. Right now I'm very shaky in getting the role of gamemaster and if I do get it, I'll surely be very open to any help from gamemasters and hopefully gather the new knowledge and apply it with perfection.

Thank you for taking the time to read through and judge my GameMaster application, Please give a
+Support , +/- Support or -Support with reason.

Gaelic

VIP
+2
This is a very solid application, I specifically like you giving past event plans that allow us more of a taste of your experience with the craft of being a GM. I also like that you do admit that you have flaws and are mostly being dumb, but not completely dismissing yourself and explaining that you have maturity and the ability to be serious when the time calls for it. Your event plan also isn't bad and has great potential, however I would recommend you give more detail and planning as to how you're going to introduce players to the concept of your event. With kind regards -Gaelic.

Xidant

Gamemaster
+2
This is a very solid application, I specifically like you giving past event plans that allow us more of a taste of your experience with the craft of being a GM. I also like that you do admit that you have flaws and are mostly being dumb, but not completely dismissing yourself and explaining that you have maturity and the ability to be serious when the time calls for it. Your event plan also isn't bad and has great potential, however I would recommend you give more detail and planning as to how you're going to introduce players to the concept of your event. With kind regards -Gaelic.
Appreciate the feedback! And if you would like to see a full version of the event, if i do become a GM i can host it ;)

Oil

VIP
1+ Was a good gm
Edit: I thought it was the old trooper delta smh still +1

Last edited:

Nabe

It is what it is
Founder
+ 1 definitely a good GM app. Really experienced. What type of rewards or rolls would you suggest on your event having?

Xidant

Gamemaster
+ 1 definitely a good GM app. Really experienced. What type of rewards or rolls would you suggest on your event having?
In my eyes its not about the players rewards, even if i have to fund money out my own pocket i will, but i just want them to enjoy themselves, and have fun.

Simvoid

+1
Really good application and looks like you got some good event ideas with tons of previous experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.