Estrella's Suggestions

Estrella

Prologue
All these changes are for the benefit of balance and stability in Reborn. Although it isn't HORRIBLE, there are some pretty bad things that can be altered in a swift fashion. For every header in the text will be a different suggestion. Therefore this suggestion thread will hold multiple suggestions, not just one.

Force Choke
So an obvious issue is force choke... I can easily just choke an acolyte and one-shot him. Any Council member is able to just choke and one shot, it is broken. To fix this issue, I suggest that make force choke only usable while stationed in one position. This I feel like should only be used for mostly RP purposes but also team plays, for example, someone force chokes the enemy and then teammates intercept to kill. I believe that is fair.

Force Dash
Force dash is a great force power, almost too great, I would say we reduce its speeds by AT LEAST 60-70%. We should significantly reduce the speeds because it just doesn't make sense to have a force power be so extreme, you're way too fast and there's no way you can escape someone like that or even pursue them. Force powers should give some edge not all the edge...

Hilt Spawns
Instead of just aimlessly doing quests to earn a random shitty hilt, I think there should be some hilt spawns on the caves of tatooine just as before, it gives reason for people to do things on downtime because some people just don't want to work through quests to POSSIBLY get a hilt or if they do, its a shitty one.

Holo Communicators
Holo Communicators are a huge step up in roleplay and they work amazingly rather than just using "/comms" all the time. Developers should do an overhaul on the Holo Communicators to the point where you can block callers. And also Knight+ & Lord+ should have these holo communicators, and if these people abuse it, then remove them from these positions, simple as that. It is a great role play item that I wish I could use, but sadly people abuse it, hence why we should at least give it to competent people like Lords+ and Knights+.

Skill Points/Ranks
There's a huge, and I mean ginormous disparity between skill points and ranks. Like Apprentices would never in a million years be able to fairly face off a Darth or Dark Council. Although you might say "Well an Apprentice isn't supposed to kill a Dark Council", well look at the main character of SWTOR as a Sith Sorcerer, Warrior, Marauder, etc, a fucking Jedi Knight killed the Emperor, not even just once either in SWTOR. Then again we aren't the main characters of this server either. Regardless we shouldn't be just having this huge disparity of skill be due to rank, it should be to hard work and dedication not just favorability of your higherups and their recognition to give you a higher rank. Without a doubt, the majority of council members have been given their roles not because of their activity, not their skill in combat, possibly not even their knowledge of their own faction, but actually favorability and also their veteran status. This server has recently launched so this might just be a current situation, in case it isn't though this is a great chance to solve it now. We can solve this by introducing a leveling-up system so people could level up and get skill points (just like SWTOR or KOTOR) character rather than just have it relied upon by rank. However, we should also give each rank a higher health capacity (AT LEAST). If people were okay with going the extra mile, I'd say then Give them a higher health capacity, and also a small portion of addition to lightsaber damage and force ability (and what I mean by small I mean (5-30 extra damage and/or force)). If anyone has any ideas to fix this then please offer your ideas, but keeping this rank reliant BS isn't going to help the community, no Initiate or Acolyte is going to have fun facing off against an Apprentice or Padawan because they will absolutely lose. I think an Initiate vs Jedi Master, the initiate should definitely die. But going against a Knight they should have a SLIM chance, if a padawan then they should have a decent chance. Make it fair, I shouldn't have to be an Apprentice and get absolutely mauled by a Lord with 0 chance. I have not seen a single individual beat a higher rank than their own.

To start simply, this is my sole reply given the nature of these suggestions.

Firstly, I actually agree with your viewpoint on force-choke. I believe it is easily spammable, combined with the lifting it causes to where the choke isn't even what's being used, it's the simple stop in place and lift that is killer 99% of the time.

Secondly, Force-Dash. I use force-dash myself given my marauder rank along with skill-points in agility. While I fundamentally agree that Force-Dash seems broken to anyone that isn't using it or having it descend upon yourself, I do know for a fact that I do get outran by most people even if I use it between force-leaps. It's not some unbeatable force-ability, given the amount of people have it just by taking 15 Agility. I can agree with debuffing it, but to such a extreme extent seems undeniably headstrong.

Thirdly, Hilt Spawns. Currently at the moment, quests aren't in the shape that they were supposed to be, they are certainly glitchy, new and some even rushed. I went through several quests and didn't get a single reward and I can fully understand being frustrated at that. However, the goal of this iteration of Reborn is to cause a more necessary approach to the RP and things beyond combat and wandering around in caves. Most people that I know never had to move through the caves for items, they were either bought or given to them for free given the nature of how common hilts and other items were. I believe the focus on quests should be maintained until they are fully established, then one can judge whether it is better or false for the "shitty" hilts as you say.

Fourthly, Holo Communicators are certainly a wonderful and incredibly defined addition to the server and everything about it as a whole. However, they aren't quite fully completed just yet. But not to mention with that, everyone in the server agrees with this. I think you could likely ask Ronnie or other higher Staff themselves and get a perceived happy view of the Holo Communicators and adding them in. Just give it a bit of time, there's zero chance they won't be integrated.

And for my last point, the fun one. Skill Points and the Rank system. Estrella, I've known you for quite some time and most of that we spent across the fence because of various scenarios and plots that you either took part in or supported. While this may seem like a personal tangent, my point is I know why someone like you would want things back to the way they were where Apprentices ran around and could beat the Emperor and overthrow after overthrow occured with no common ground inbetween because people felt like obtaining Emperor. I was a part of that era, so were you. And I certainly know that of anyone, you helped in likely more overthrows than me towards the end.

My point, is that the ranking system and the hardness of achieving victory over the various people of the Dark Council, Cabinet or Emperor are much harder to fight. However I can tell you myself that I have beaten most Dark Council in a fight, even Cabinet. And it's far from impossible to fight even faction leaders as a Lord, ask Ziljian. I can give Ziljian a actual dual, despite him doing 1000+ damage a tick. This system is designed to gain more and fight for more, to give you a genuine feeling when you rightfully earn the next highest rank and achieve the next step in one's base. You yourself would support the old system where folks like Jump, Pallox or otherwise would arrive and cause damage and chaos for the sake of doing so. Where anyone could challenge the Emperor, Voice, Wrath or otherwise to PK duels for the sake of "embarrassing" them in front of the masses.

To put it lightly, you've been back for all of two days officially, already given the rank of Emperor's Apprentice and you spent that time concocting these reasons for change. While I do fundamentally agree with most of these, I cannot and will not allow points to be argued that naturally from my history of knowing you, has a double-motive that anyone of a veteran degree would agree with. For the sake of the server, for the sake of Reborn living for a long, long time. Jump's era of Overthrows cannot and will not repeat itself. And absolutely nobody should have to live through that again. Regardless of what side anybody was on. Take some time, get acquainted with the new system before rushing to yell change. The rest of us have been living with it for two weeks and it's been working splendidly. Maybe in a week or two, you can come back and perhaps get your points through. But for now, this is too early and with far too little a goal with too much risk to implement.

Naturally after my explanations, -2.

Estrella

To start simply, this is my sole reply given the nature of these suggestions.

Firstly, I actually agree with your viewpoint on force-choke. I believe it is easily spammable, combined with the lifting it causes to where the choke isn't even what's being used, it's the simple stop in place and lift that is killer 99% of the time.

Secondly, Force-Dash. I use force-dash myself given my marauder rank along with skill-points in agility. While I fundamentally agree that Force-Dash seems broken to anyone that isn't using it or having it descend upon yourself, I do know for a fact that I do get outran by most people even if I use it between force-leaps. It's not some unbeatable force-ability, given the amount of people have it just by taking 15 Agility. I can agree with debuffing it, but to such a extreme extent seems undeniably headstrong.

Thirdly, Hilt Spawns. Currently at the moment, quests aren't in the shape that they were supposed to be, they are certainly glitchy, new and some even rushed. I went through several quests and didn't get a single reward and I can fully understand being frustrated at that. However, the goal of this iteration of Reborn is to cause a more necessary approach to the RP and things beyond combat and wandering around in caves. Most people that I know never had to move through the caves for items, they were either bought or given to them for free given the nature of how common hilts and other items were. I believe the focus on quests should be maintained until they are fully established, then one can judge whether it is better or false for the "shitty" hilts as you say.

Fourthly, Holo Communicators are certainly a wonderful and incredibly defined addition to the server and everything about it as a whole. However, they aren't quite fully completed just yet. But not to mention with that, everyone in the server agrees with this. I think you could likely ask Ronnie or other higher Staff themselves and get a perceived happy view of the Holo Communicators and adding them in. Just give it a bit of time, there's zero chance they won't be integrated.

And for my last point, the fun one. Skill Points and the Rank system. Estrella, I've known you for quite some time and most of that we spent across the fence because of various scenarios and plots that you either took part in or supported. While this may seem like a personal tangent, my point is I know why someone like you would want things back to the way they were where Apprentices ran around and could beat the Emperor and overthrow after overthrow occured with no common ground inbetween because people felt like obtaining Emperor. I was a part of that era, so were you. And I certainly know that of anyone, you helped in likely more overthrows than me towards the end.

My point, is that the ranking system and the hardness of achieving victory over the various people of the Dark Council, Cabinet or Emperor are much harder to fight. However I can tell you myself that I have beaten most Dark Council in a fight, even Cabinet. And it's far from impossible to fight even faction leaders as a Lord, ask Ziljian. I can give Ziljian a actual dual, despite him doing 1000+ damage a tick. This system is designed to gain more and fight for more, to give you a genuine feeling when you rightfully earn the next highest rank and achieve the next step in one's base. You yourself would support the old system where folks like Jump, Pallox or otherwise would arrive and cause damage and chaos for the sake of doing so. Where anyone could challenge the Emperor, Voice, Wrath or otherwise to PK duels for the sake of "embarrassing" them in front of the masses.

To put it lightly, you've been back for all of two days officially, already given the rank of Emperor's Apprentice and you spent that time concocting these reasons for change. While I do fundamentally agree with most of these, I cannot and will not allow points to be argued that naturally from my history of knowing you, has a double-motive that anyone of a veteran degree would agree with. For the sake of the server, for the sake of Reborn living for a long, long time. Jump's era of Overthrows cannot and will not repeat itself. And absolutely nobody should have to live through that again. Regardless of what side anybody was on. Take some time, get acquainted with the new system before rushing to yell change. The rest of us have been living with it for two weeks and it's been working splendidly. Maybe in a week or two, you can come back and perhaps get your points through. But for now, this is too early and with far too little a goal with too much risk to implement.

Naturally after my explanations, -2.
60%-70% might appear to be a really extreme debuff, but trust me you'd still be much faster than anyone, just not at Mach 5 speed. It's better to debuff it and give it such immense measures than having it broken as you just said. For something to not work is better than to continue its current state of being overpowering and broken in a sense. The common agreeance that we should debuff Force Dash is good enough for me, because I know that when it's debuff it will be visibly debuffed to the point where it makes sense.

Regarding hilt spawns, you should be able to look inside of a cave and find a hilt or at the very most around the map itself. I know we should be taking RP approach, but finding hilts in a cave or a specific domain is not against RP. You do it many times when you find hilts in crates on KOTOR or SWTOR, it's a common thing. We should add in hilt spawns and then worry on how we can implement it to be "RP- Friendly", but for now, having them spawn isn't a bad thing. There is absolutely nothing to do on downtime, we have to wait until the server pops up at like 2 PM EST and then wait till it dies down like 4 hours later. We should instead start fixing this issue now, because I guarantee that if we don't, then when the server does start losing playerbase, the decline will be consistent and not stop because who would want to be on a dying server when there's nothing to do but interact with other players. Quests cannot fundamentally continue fun for players, if Garry's Mod was stable enough to do that, I would totally go for that, but it isn't. We need to find or reinvent new avenues to allow players to have fun just being on the server without the need for playerbase.

Holo communicators aren't horribly broken, at least not from what I've seen. Perhaps I haven't had a lot of use of them, but from my perception theyd be a great addition, as long as there are no definitively obscure features pertaining to the device. If there is then I'd digress, but you haven't said anything towards what could be wrong with it so I don't see the issue. Nothing is completely perfect in Garry's Mod, everything is subject to change and cannot be 100% satisfiable because of the engine.

The ranking system is not by any means fair. I don't want the reign of overthrowing to persist, a matter of fact if anything I want overthrowing to not exist at all. But that's a personal opinion, one that many do not and will not agree with so I will definitely not suggest such a topic. I don't think Lords should be able to beat Dark Council, I think it should be almost damn near impossible. Darths though, Lords should have some chance or decent chance to beat (which they don't). An Apprentice defeating a Dark Council let alone an Emperor is blasphemy, I literally said to not allow that. And I am not even introducing skills and leveling up for the sake of balance between ranking structures, also for the grind so people have something to do. Apprentices should be able to beat Lords if they are good enough, Lords should be able to defeat Darths if they prove worthy. There is no way in hell both of those scenarios are possible. They sure were with old reborn, which I am hoping is not reintroduced. Apprentices should not be able to defeat Darths easily, it should be damn near close to impossible because that would make sense and be RP. But a Darth defeating an Apprentice just because the Emperor or DC liked him or her enough to make them so is not fair by any means, not in the slightest.

I've been back for 2 days, that's enough days to see why new players would dislike the server and not want to play on it, I'm stating my words from a fresh mind which is all the better reason to at least be empathetic and understand these issues and frustrations and not just cast them off due to my playtime. I've been an Apprentice all this time and wrote this thread in response to how I can assist the community and many people have agreed with some of my notions. Although you and others have been on this server for two weeks, it certainly doesn't operate splendidly as much as I wish it did. There are many cracks that people have issues with, I'm merely stating the bigger issues that can be fixed over time not just in an instant. To conclude, all I know is that there is little to no economy, no trading system, there are huge skill gaps between ranks, nothing to grind on, etc. Then again I'm new so I'll take your advice and wait 2 weeks and then make an even larger suggestion that is submitted in a proper manner.

Ronnie

Owner
I'll be increasing the cooldown of Force Choke and increasing its stat requirements.

Force Dash I would like to make like Force Leap, shooting forward.
Force Speed will be later, which may be current Force Dash but with increased stat requirements.

No, Hilts randomly being thrown into a cave on Tatooine makes no sense at all.
My intention with it is that you can get hilts from events, missions, things of the sort that will form a memory in your mind.
They are intended to be rare, with especially desirable ones being especially expensive for the economy later as it develops; but some may take on an emotional connection cause you remember the event or mission that you gained the hilt at..

Holocomms are an entirely new system, and will be receiving some updates as time goes on.

XP levelling is never coming back. The 'levels' you gain in Jedi vs. Sith are your ranks.
If you introduce XP, you separate progression from the RP, Orgs, Politics, Ranks, everything core and unique to JvS.
That is why we had to introduce the rank-based stat system.

The economy, trading, etc. are all separate systems that are not core to the JvS experience, and there have been other things that are the main focus.
Crafting, once fixed (which it should have been days ago, by what I was told), will introduce the an element of the grindy, MMO-like experience that some members of the community do enjoy.
For the moment, however, people are simply using the sabers, crystals, equipment that they have, instead of having a surplus to sell off.
We're simply taking a slow and cautious approach to the economy, which is the best choice for the long run.

Estrella

I'll be increasing the cooldown of Force Choke and increasing its stat requirements.

Force Dash I would like to make like Force Leap, shooting forward.
Force Speed will be later, which may be current Force Dash but with increased stat requirements.

No, Hilts randomly being thrown into a cave on Tatooine makes no sense at all.
My intention with it is that you can get hilts from events, missions, things of the sort that will form a memory in your mind.
They are intended to be rare, with especially desirable ones being especially expensive for the economy later as it develops; but some may take on an emotional connection cause you remember the event or mission that you gained the hilt at..

Holocomms are an entirely new system, and will be receiving some updates as time goes on.

XP levelling is never coming back. The 'levels' you gain in Jedi vs. Sith are your ranks.
If you introduce XP, you separate progression from the RP, Orgs, Politics, Ranks, everything core and unique to JvS.
That is why we had to introduce the rank-based stat system.

The economy, trading, etc. are all separate systems that are not core to the JvS experience, and there have been other things that are the main focus.
Crafting, once fixed (which it should have been days ago, by what I was told), will introduce the an element of the grindy, MMO-like experience that some members of the community do enjoy.
For the moment, however, people are simply using the sabers, crystals, equipment that they have, instead of having a surplus to sell off.
We're simply taking a slow and cautious approach to the economy, which is the best choice for the long run.
That was well explained and really cleared my thoughts on all of those topics. The only thing I wish about was to at least have some leveling progression for grinding instead of just crafting. I enjoyed grinding stories and levels on SWTOR but not crafting, I never even did crafting and I don't think it would be everyone's forte, will there be any type of leveling progression at all?