Family Names

Lukir

VIP
Alright so I've come here to discuss something I've had talks over with multiple staff members, the owner, and players. Recently when I returned to Reborn I got my VIP, and the first thing I did was remake my halo from back in the day. Overtime I met some chill dudes on the server and some people wanted to halo, I only give it out to close friends but this specific ordeal had to do with me teaching someone how to use PAC because they'd never even been on computer, so everything is new. I invited him to the family and taught him how to make the family crest (the halo). Overtime we had OOC disputes which made me want to remove him from the family OUT OF CHARACTER, because I don't want to be tied to another dude who has nothing but a bad reputation, It was just plain out weird. So this person refused to take it out of their name just to what I assume is to spite me, I had to have an admin remove it forcibly, And even after having his name removed he wouldn't remove the halo. After a day or two he decided to try and sell the halo (MY WORK) in game, the buyer refused payment so he just gave it away for free. He's since been told not to distrubute it. Now here's the real zinger.

If he can be told not to distribute something related to PAC and someone else, he should also be able to be told not to wear it. When playing on the server and being invited to a family, someone joins for a reason. Maybe it's just 2 homies getting along, maybe it's because they know more than you and you wanna learn what they've learned, or maybe its for purely selfish reasons, who knows. We're basically in the dark web of Garry's Mod at this point, running around the server can basically be compared to the lower ranks of Coruscant. Anyway the point im getting to is this.

Family PAC Accessories that old players have had for years. Such as myself with the Halo, Moxxi as the Gang of white-robed homies (wow that sounds really bad when written down), or Schnitzels Creations that he used to and STILL sells, we've all come up with countless ideas and countless infamous moments just by using PAC. And giving players the right to have creativity with it allows them to have something particularly for them or friends alike. Which is a reason I paid to get that TFU2 model, so it can be particular to me or who I let use it. Same thing should go with PAC, I pay to use PAC so that I can identify my friends from the people i dont know as well.

I had the ability to kick someone from my family (Have the last name removed from a player), But something I basically GAVE them, they don't have to remove it if they dont want to? Kinda weird, just come up with something else to use?? (I did teach them how to make it which I guess makes him feel like it's his? But I've had it for literal years, as a family crest/signet whatever. Here's Proof)

Youtube Link (Me wearing the halo 3 years ago)

Honestly this whole situation is just weird to me, I've had people removed from my family names before, and they removed the halo because we had so many of us. They were respectful and continued to be homies after being removed, in this case I was just verbally attacked and it got to a weird point where I just ignored what was going on. Still doing the same thing.

But now people (even the owner and other select players) think that just because he knows how to make it, he has the right to copy me and keep using something that has significance to me. Makes total sense. yes. donations go brrrr.

Anyway
+1 for PAC being able to be a family thing. Therefore letting admins be able to tell players to remove a PAC if it's distracting/part of a family.

I mean staff tell people to remove things from their PAC all the time. (such as a LARGE ASS HAT, Entire Playermodel coverups, BIG Laggy PAC's, or something bright as hell, but because I say it's mine and I taught him how to make it though I've had it for years? he doesn't have to remove it? 0 Sense to me) I taught him how to make it out of kindness. Which ACTUALLY overtime he couldn't get the scaling and something else right so I SENT HIM THE PASTEBIN FOR IT.

-1 If you think that PAC should remain free for anyone to use whatever they want EVEN if what you want copies someone entirely

+1 I believe that once a person creates something that it should be a copyrighted object. Afterall; the person who paid for this object is his/her money from their pocket. They chose to pay for the PAC editorship so whatever they spend their time doing and making should be their right of ownership and should be allowed to tell someone whom is wearing the said item to take it off as they are not the rightful owner of the said object. This type of problem is very similar to the company of Fortnite where they will try and get characters and other stuff from other companies and videos and then use them and claim them as their own. However, no permission was granted from the owners.

+1 I believe that once a person creates something that it should be a copyrighted object. Afterall; the person who paid for this object is his/her money from their pocket. They chose to pay for the PAC editorship so whatever they spend their time doing and making should be their right of ownership and should be allowed to tell someone whom is wearing the said item to take it off as they are not the rightful owner of the said object. This type of problem is very similar to the company of Fortnite where they will try and get characters and other stuff from other companies and videos and then use them and claim them as their own. However, no permission was granted from the owners.
I feel like you didnt understand the point of the post, its more about the use and distribution of pacs people give to their family members when someone has been kicked from their family, mostly in-rp stuff but it required out of character intervention to uphold it

Last edited:
+1 There are numerous families within reborn which are meant to show correlation between characters, PAC is just another way of showing the familiarity between them but when someone has been removed from a family, they should at least have the decency to not use/distribute the pacs. Knowing the player base of reborn and gmod as a whole, many people don't share this decency so staff intervention should definitely be necessary. Not to say that every PAC should apply to this rule, but when someone has a legitimate reason and they have serious intentions within roleplay, their work needs to be respected.

Last edited: