Steam Name -
Footra
Steam ID - STEAM_0:0:41677704
Ingame Name(s) - GICB NINQ SN Apprentice Azure / KL Padawan Aspect

Garry’s Mod Playtime - 3,972.7
Warn Count - 0
Age - 17 (03/23/2004)

Relevant Experience
Servers - Honestly, it's been so long that I don't remember most of the names, but i'll try to remember some
Valkyrie Networks (Former JvS Server) -
SGN (i think)
Multitude of other random servers (plenty of dark rp servers and like 5 star wars servers)

Roles -
Admin, Gamemaster
QUESTIONNAIRE
The Gamemaster role requires creativity, knowledge, and most of all, vision.
Answer these questions as best you can to demonstrate these attributes.
Minimum effort will not be tolerated.

What is your level of experience with Garry’s Mod construction and tools?
Above Average, If I put effort into a build It looks realistic
Why do you want to become a Gamemaster?
Ultimately, I want to become a gamemaster because I love the RP that comes with this. I want that RP to flourish. I don't want just grandmasters or staff members to experience that rp either, I want to make events that all people can feel included in.
I love the creativity that goes into this kind of stuff, having a rough draft of your event being molded by player's decisions
Why should the community support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players?
I think the community should support my application because I promise to make everyone feel included in events. When making event characters, I'll have them interact with everyone who is willing to RP with them.
I feel like I'm more qualified than other players because I have experience with JvS RP in the past, as I used to play in a heavily rp inspired server like 2 or 3 years ago, memories which I still haven't forgotten.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
I have not
How well could you adapt to unplanned circumstances in something you have planned?
I think that's the entire point in an RP-based event, people are unpredictable. I don't want to be the type of gm to plan an event then scrap it or literally guide the players through a linear story because that's how I planned it. I'm the type of person to really just wing it and go for whatever works.
Of course, I will have a basic outline of key events, but if things completely go off the rails, I'll go with it.
I would say would be able to adapt pretty well.

What interests you most in the Star Wars universe?
The different personalities that a lot of the star wars characters have. I just love the variety.

Now, taking what most interests you, craft a high-quality multi-part storyline (with characters, branches, anything that you see fit) that you could create multiple events from.

If your application is accepted, you will be required to start a multi-event storyline as part of your trial. It is recommended that this be the first draft of that storyline.
^ Listen to this as you read about the Void-Seeker ^
The Void-Seeker
is a humanoid-looking creature who calls to the void, an alternate universe where the force acts differently. There is no light or dark side of the force, only it.
The void seeker is looking for disciples and infiltrates the Jedi and Sith temples looking for them. He offers immense power to anyone who is willing to convert.
The Void-Seeker is looking for these disciples because he needs force-users to do a ritual to summon him, as he is only a ghost-like form when he arrives at the temples.
(The successfully converted turn into mind-controlled cultists that are basically spies for the void-seeker. This can only be detected through the light side of the force, requiring a council member consular+ or powerful grey Jedi to explore the mind of the mind-controlled. They can be cured of this mind control through an unknown means.)
The Void-Seeker then finds anyone who is willing, then puts its hand around the subject's head, mind-controlling them. The subject then rolls to find out whether the conversion is successful or not. Upon a failed conversion, that person is killed and soft pk'ed.
The rolls go as followed :
(Initiate / Acolyte) - Must roll 95+
(Apprentice / Padawan) - Must roll 75+
(Lord / Knight) - Must roll a 40+
(Master / Darth) 10+
(Council+) Cannot fail.

The Void-Seeker tries to find at least 5 disciples, regardless of their rank, because the Void-Seeker is not familiar enough with our universe to recognize the strength in our force.
It communicates through these disciples after the first meeting through telepathy. Since the Void-Seeker uses a different type of force, force binding a cultist does not affect the telepathic capabilities.
These disciples are then given a google doc to explain what the heck happened to them and how to properly RP as someone who is mind-controlled. If they don't properly RP as someone who is mind-controlled, they are removed from being a disciple.

^ listen to that while reading about Vardoth ^

Vardoth
Vardoth is a Grey Jedi that is very far away from our system. He has a very strange connection with the force, for reasons that will be explained later. However, he senses the Void-Seeker making an appearance in our universe in which no other force user could, and starts to travel towards our system. (He arrives about when the void seeker is done getting disciples.)
Vardoth is instantly very weary of the Void-Seeker and wards him off, since he is in a mere ghost-like form. Since Vardoth has that strange connection to the force, he is able to make the ghost version of the Void-Seeker while others couldn't.

Event 1
The Void-Seeker appears in the Sith Catacombs in a ghost-like form after an experiment goes right which allowed him to hop universes. He senses a different force than one he's used to, and it makes him hungry for more power What if it could harness this power and finally be powerful enough to kill his emperor, one who has been driving its civilization into the ground?. It exits the catacombs and flies out of the sith pit he was in. He can sense beings who have the ability to control this power, but cannot sense the prowess of the control. It asks any force-sensitive person to become his disciple and promises them the power they could have never imagined. If they say yes, refer to the rolling table previously made. If no, The Void-Seeker simply ignores them. What are they gonna do? They can't affect him in any way, he's in a ghost-like form. The Void-Seeker goes and finds people in the sith first, then moves onto Tython, as it has the ability to sense a force user's presence. It will do this until it finds preferably at least 5 disciples. At this point, Vardoth arrives. The Void-Seeker thinks nothing of it, as it's just another force user, right? Right?
Wrong. Vardoth simply states "Go back to where you came from. filthy slime ball." Vardoth holds out his hand, seemingly force pushing the creature back, but instead of hitting the ground, it simply disappears back into his own universe. Vardoth sighs, and speaks to any Jedi that speaks to him, answering what he knows about the creature.

However, this is not over.
The Void-Seeker can communicate through the multiverse directly into its cultist's minds. It has.. plans.
End of event 1.
(Obviously it can slightly deviate from the plan but ultimately it ends up like this)
This is to set up multiple other events, and those cultists would be able to passive RP with new abilities connected with the altered force of the other universe.

This is only the first portion of the big storyline I have planned, but I don't think I could fit an entire saga in a gamemaster app.
However, I believe that this first portion would allow people to passive RP and make choices that have actual risk involved. I'm very intrigued by how people would react to such a choice.
If there are any critiques of the story, please let me know! I sure as hell know I'm not perfect, and I want this storyline to be the best it can be.

USER-ADMINISTRATIVE AGREEMENT
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of the requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, or neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters.
[x]

USER PERMISSION CLAUSE
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [Footra], have permission from [The Observer] to make my application, either via forum private message, steam, or in-game.
I also acknowledge that if I am lying about my permission, that I will be denied the right to apply for any Reborn staff position in the future.
[x]

NOTE - Gamemasters are not administrative staff. Gamemasters should not use their powers for anything besides their events unless instructed otherwise by an Admin+.

Last edited:

Deku

VIP
+2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lovely event idea, I honestly think this man well become a great GM if/when accepted

Footra

VIP
I
Neutral, Interesting event idea but what else would you bring to the table if you weren't working on this particular event?
Idk if im allowed to reply to my own app or not but let me respond

I would of course collaborate with other gms and their visions for their event, give input but ultimately let them control their event

Do personal events randomly for anyone who would want one, like if someones master wanted their apprentice/padawan to do a character development event I’d be more than willing to do that

If needed I would also add to the server lore in writing docs for any of the events that happen, keeping records so people who join late in a big saga of an event isn’t so lost

I

Idk if im allowed to reply to my own app or not but let me respond

I would of course collaborate with other gms and their visions for their event, give input but ultimately let them control their event

Do personal events randomly for anyone who would want one, like if someones master wanted their apprentice/padawan to do a character development event I’d be more than willing to do that

If needed I would also add to the server lore in writing docs for any of the events that happen, keeping records so people who join late in a big saga of an event isn’t so lost
+1

Lukir

VIP
Finally someone implementing an idea to use rolls with more of a rank base opportunity. I hate seeing people roll for whether or not they succeed in walking a straight line or some crap. Good ideas, I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future.
+1

Ward

Senior Gamemaster

I deliberated for some time before adding a minus vote to this application. I never want to be the guy that hands those out willy nilly or, Force forbid, maliciously. However, as a Senior Gamemaster, and especially given the rash of recent events that deal with high concepts, Force entities, and weird third party Force sects that are all too often built on a misunderstanding of the fundamentals of the how the Force works... I am looking for someone prepared to keep it simple. Also I was disappointed in reading, over and over, in the application that you enjoyed the RP and want to encourage it but did not mention what about RP you enjoyed and how, through event hosting, you plan to encourage the aspects that you enjoy in RP.

I would be careful with completely homebrew worldbuilding like what's recommended in your proposed event. It runs the risk of going off the rails when not grounded in Star Wars lore and that could hurt player's suspension of disbelief/investment in the story of your events. Also I am not a huge fan of GMNPCs, which is what I got the vibe from Vardoth. I am much bigger fan of outsourcing those important roles to players that frequent the server. Long story short, if someone told you that you had 15 minutes to set up an event on Tatooine (not particular numbers just read "short amount of time to set up simple event") what would you do and how would that cover the aspects that you enjoy in RP and want to see more of on the server?

You can reply if you want, or if you feel I'm being unfair or missing the point please point that out.

NEUTRAL
I am going to have to agree with ward here. Big open homebrew events can be hard to pull off and even coordinate. I am also not a fan of pking people just for failing a roll. People work hard on characters and don't want to lose their progression.

Footra

VIP
NEUTRAL
I am going to have to agree with ward here. Big open homebrew events can be hard to pull off and even coordinate. I am also not a fan of pking people just for failing a roll. People work hard on characters and don't want to lose their progression.
I was thinking pking people would be too much of a downside, because being pked so easily for something as a roll would be pretty unfair.
However, it feels like there is little to no risk for any action you take currently outside of disrespecting a council member. I want my events to have player choices that have real consequences that actually effect the event and not have a slight deviation then go right back to a linear story
Failure is important in rp. If you just keep trying the same thing worded slightly differently that doesn’t make you think of different solutions

I deliberated for some time before adding a minus vote to this application. I never want to be the guy that hands those out willy nilly or, Force forbid, maliciously. However, as a Senior Gamemaster, and especially given the rash of recent events that deal with high concepts, Force entities, and weird third party Force sects that are all too often built on a misunderstanding of the fundamentals of the how the Force works... I am looking for someone prepared to keep it simple. Also I was disappointed in reading, over and over, in the application that you enjoyed the RP and want to encourage it but did not mention what about RP you enjoyed and how, through event hosting, you plan to encourage the aspects that you enjoy in RP.

I would be careful with completely homebrew worldbuilding like what's recommended in your proposed event. It runs the risk of going off the rails when not grounded in Star Wars lore and that could hurt player's suspension of disbelief/investment in the story of your events. Also I am not a huge fan of GMNPCs, which is what I got the vibe from Vardoth. I am much bigger fan of outsourcing those important roles to players that frequent the server. Long story short, if someone told you that you had 15 minutes to set up an event on Tatooine (not particular numbers just read "short amount of time to set up simple event") what would you do and how would that cover the aspects that you enjoy in RP and want to see more of on the server?

You can reply if you want, or if you feel I'm being unfair or missing the point please point that out.
I enjoy the DnD part of the rp. Becoming your character and the hero in your own story. I mostly get this type of rp from events, which i admit I don’t get often. The reason i wanna become a gm is so i can make more events for people to be able to feel that dnd aspect.
I admit that homebrewing an event is risky, as it can make people get out of immersion. But I believe the risk is worth it, as a pulled off home-brew event makes the server feel really unique.
Plus this is a gm TEAM so we could collaborate and make sure everything could work

Your concerns are very valid, and i respect your opinion

+1 Sounds more interesting and fun then fighting robots over and over and tanks that one or two shot you being spawned on top of you.

NEUTRAL
I was originally planning on a -1 due to just how generic Force Entity events have become since server launch. But I won't shit on an entire app because of a single event idea, the idea is fairly well written with a few interesting mechanics but strays into the realm of overdone with the style of event.

Cruen

-1 I like you man, but I just can't see you doing well as a Gamemaster, it takes a lot of patience and often times a level head, and that's something you really need to work on before I would trust you to be staff of any kind.

Ricky

Executive
JvS Staff
-1 Every encounter has been a toxic one. Seen a lot of toxicity on discord. Interesting ideas though

Footra

VIP
-1 I like you man, but I just can't see you doing well as a Gamemaster, it takes a lot of patience and often times a level head, and that's something you really need to work on before I would trust you to be staff of any kind.
Personally, I do have a lot of patience and a level head, but I understand where you're coming from what you've seen
I act differently when I'm in the position of a gamemaster

Footra

VIP
-1 Every encounter has been a toxic one. Seen a lot of toxicity on discord. Interesting ideas though
also, I guess having an opinion different from yours is toxic. Oh well
Any time I bring up things like that on the discord it's to try to make the server better from my point of view

+1, if you had anything to do with Iroc you know hes insane. I salute you for putting up with that and the event is an amazing idea. Work on the toxicity though.

Ricky

Executive
JvS Staff
also, I guess having an opinion different from yours is toxic. Oh well
Any time I bring up things like that on the discord it's to try to make the server better from my point of view
The toxic encounters were observations of you on the server, and the discord was what i witnessed from opening it and going to general.

Footra

VIP
The toxic encounters were observations of you on the server, and the discord was what i witnessed from opening it and going to general.
In that case, you're quite toxic too.
multiple times you were just being a jerk to me so I reciprocate the respect I get

Ricky

Executive
JvS Staff
In that case, you're quite toxic too.
multiple times you were just being a jerk to me so I reciprocate the respect I get
Site thy references sire. I cannot remember having a direct conversation with you outside of maybe trials