Gaelic/Faradays GM app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaelic

VIP
Steam name: Gaelic
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:90914829
Ingame name(s): Gaelic l Wolter l Faraday
Current play time: I'd bet, 800-1000+ hours?
Time in Garry’s Mod: 5257 hours
Amount of warns: 1

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience: 2 (Maybe more I've forgotten about.)
Server(s): Shadow Networks, Reborn Gaming
Time as position: Shadow lasted for a few months, I've been a GM twice on reborn, both spanning a few months. (Resigned, not demoted)

(Check off the answer you choose with a “x”.)

Would you consider yourself an good builder?

[x] yes
[ ] no

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: My experience as a GM on both Reborn and others servers as well as general tips, tricks and ideas that have been picked up or formulated in my mind throughout my extended period playing Gmod as a whole.

Are you able to create a cohesive story?
[x] yes
[ ] no

Experience with the creation of storylines, and knowledge of star wars lore: Generally I am able to create storylines as I do some writing as a hobby and DM for a DnD session, both of which do require making a storyline and making it last throughout a long period of time, in addition to that I also have been GM on two different servers in the past which have given me experience in the topic. As for star wars lore, I've been watching it since I was little and have generally read a fair bit of the starwars lore and seen all of the movies and the TV shows other than Rebels. I also generally when I'm bored and lack other things to watch may take the time to lookup star wars videos that tell a story from one of the comics in the lore.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[x] yes
[ ] no
If so how many times?
[Atleast 15 times not including my own events]

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[x] yes
[ ] no

As a game master what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create story, etc.): As a GM I've never really desired to build, not in the sense of making a landscape or interior, but the box building part isn't appealing to me or others I would assume. I do however desire to create stories that people may find comical or generally enjoyable, a serious. However most of all, I desire to simply provide entertainment for people on Reborn and make other people happy, I remember the days where I would come on and there was a good chance that there would be one, two maybe even three events, and that made the server fun. Worthwhile. It just doesn't feel the same with the lack of that on the server anymore.

Plan an event (story based or building based): A mysterious voice comes onto the open comms between the Sith, Jedi and EE. It informs all of them of a military corporation that has been developing itself in an attempt to gain enough followers and firepower to make it's entrance into the war and through a series of blitz attacks, end it as a whole, coming out as the winner and take the end as a chance to spread their influence across the galaxy to become the one true ruler of it, however, they are still fairly early into the developmental process of doing this. All factions will then be given the coordinates to the base of this operation and will head there (Via warp-pard) Upon arrival they will meet with the informant who will give them all the information he has on the current situation and what the goal of the operation will be. He informs them that they will have to make their way to the generator room of the base and begin to overload it to send it into a meltdown and immediately evacuate to prevent being blown up in the explosion. They will make their way through a few rooms of NPC's (Unsure if the star craft NPC's can have their bullets blocked or not, so possibly them, possibly an alternative) I will likely include up to two puzzles of a decent difficultly with negative consequences from getting them wrong, they will reach the generator and will have to face a boss in that room, likely a trooper boss. Not too hard, just a small boss, afterward they will begin to overload the reactor and will be attacked by 2 or 3 waves of NPC's before having to make their evacuation, possibly a few NPC's on the way out. But not too many. After they escape the building they will be given the reward of rolls for winning the event.

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[x]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, Gaelic, have permission from Shepard to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.
[x]

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated)
: I have a fair bit of experience as a GM and in general the star wars lore and creation of storylines, I'm not a bad builder either and have learnt how to work well with other GM's to create good and fun events for the server. These are all things that make me qualified to be a GM, but I'm also a fairly calm and mature person when the time calls for it. (I'll be honest, I'm not mature all the time at all, but ask people such as people in tryouts and such, I can be mature and I can be serious.) Past that, I'm somewhat well known in the community, more so by the older players than the newer ones. As I've recently come back from a break due to the grindy nature of the server when 5.0 dropped. It killed my motivation for the server. However I'm back and I think that I'm ready to begin serving the server again and attempting to make the server a better experience for everyone, more so with the addition of more options for GM's than just an npc with the same exact gun. I thank you all for reading this and making a decision on my application. Have a great day.

Eros

Back When Reborn Was Good
VIP
+3 even if you only ran 1 event a week that would make you the most active GM at this point. If you leave then fuck you, but why not just find out.

Arc

+3 even if you only ran 1 event a week that would make you the most active GM at this point. If you leave then fuck you, but why not just find out.
??? ace does like 3+ a week, as do i? except i’m on LOA..

Status
Not open for further replies.