GameCrunch GameMaster app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game Master Application

Steam name: GameCrunch
Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:123531036
Ingame name(s): GameCrunch
Current play time: I'd say definitely over 600 hours, played the original re-release basically every day except for the final 10 days (after the shutdown announcement)
Time in Garry’s Mod: 1806
Amount of warns: 0

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience:
Server(s):
Reborn Gaming
Time as position: 5/10/20 - 7/24/20

(Check off the answer you choose with a “x”.)

Would you consider yourself an good builder?

[x] yes
[ ] no

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: (if none leave blank)
I got pretty decent with all the Gmod construction tools like Adv Dupe 2, Precision, Stacker etc... when I was a GM before.
Are you able to create a cohesive story?
[ x] yes
[ ] no

Experience with the creation of storylines, and knowledge of star wars lore:
Ik a lot about the lore of star wars, mainly around The old republic era. Dont know much about stuff that happens after Luke's school though other than what the movies show.
Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[X ] yes
[ ] no
If so how many times?
[I assisted in around 5 events before.]

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[x] yes
[ ] no

As a game master what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create story, etc.):
I'm fine with building, dont hate it but I dont love building, but the main thing I like to do is the RP interactions that happen during the event, stuff like being a broken down droid that needs to be repaired or a voice over a stations speaker. Stuff like that.

Plan an event (story based or building based):

Kind of a remaster of one of my old ideas that I executed poorly (Was crap at building but thought I was good) but with some new stuff added.

Alright so basically there is a group of force users that are dropped onto a planet to research, obtain and retrieve relics from some ruins that belonged to the ancient Je'daiii after retrieving the relics/samples and doing a quick analysis they load them onto a ship and go away (I plan on doing this by just making some ship have a taxi in it that leads to a new location as moving props with people inside can be broken and usually ends up killing some people.) After the ship is in space I'll have there be a hostile ship that drops in and starts attacking the ship everyone is on in an attempt to obtain and secure the relics. I'll try and do this through spawning some of those turret vehicles and "fighter" ships but ultimately, because the ship everyone on is primarily a research ship they fall in battle and end up getting stranded in space. The other ship doesn't blow them up however as they would like to secure the Je'daiii relics so they end up boarding the ship.

From here I'd like to have a small branch out in the story, the players would have a few options/events that would happen.
If the hostile ship successfully boards and steals the relics the players will have to board the hostile ship and go all the way into the deep to retrieve the relics then they would bring them back to there ship and could repair there communications systems by scavenging the hostile ship.

Another possibility would be where the player ship ends up boarding the hostile ship, getting to either the command room OR power room and disabling there weapons. Then from here there would be another branch, the players could

1. Return to there ship and repair there communications device by using parts from the hostile ship then it would turn into a point defense of the players protecting the communications room.
  2. The players go to the hostile ships communication device and then send an emergency SOS signal out, this would also cause some smaller hostile ships to drop in and would require the players to reactivate the weapons systems to hold off the hostile ships before a friendly capital ship arrives and retrieves the relics and players.
I've got a few ways I could plan this out, with friendly reinforcements coming from the player's research ship OR people just coming back at "checkpoints" (with no limit on how many can return, sort of like the checkpoint system from Borderlands but its only active after each room/segment.)

I would also like to give out varying degrees of rewards depending on which route was taken, the first route I mentioned which includes the players fighting all the way through the hostile ship to get to the relics would be the hardest and would have the highest reward, followed by the second hardest route, being the one where the players use the hostile ships communication device, and finally the easiest one, where the players return to there own ship and used there secure communications.

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[X ]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, GameCrunch, have permission from Nabe (Discord announcement) to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.
[X ]

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated):

I think I should become a GM since I've got experience and can be pretty active. I also learned from being a GM before how to actually make events, a lot of the events i made as a T-GM sucked since I used the same format of a box layout with props inside. Now I know that even something as making there be rooms of different shapes/sizes with actual transitions can make an event look and play a lot better. Also I'm familiar with a lot of the tools and the map layout and where the best places to build are, under Kashykkk, under Zakuul, that big empty black box. Also I'm decent at hosting small/minigame events that can help during stuff like downtime where there are only like 5 people on and they are bored. Also I've got some experience with what can cause lag like moving props/vehicles. I'm also aware of how people dislike dying and to try to make events easier than I previously made them or to have a forgiving checkpoint system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.