GameCrunch's GameMaster Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game Master Application

Steam name:
GameCrunch
Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:123531036
Ingame name(s): I go by GameCrunch in game as well.
Current play time: I'm not entirely sure on my playtime as there isn't a way to keep track in game, I'm pretty sure that I have over 200 hours on this server though as I reached my 1000 hour mark and 1 month steam achievement while playing on this server.
Time in Garry’s Mod: 1113 I have played alot more since the day I originally wrote this app and my new playtime (as of now) is 1130, All of the playtime has been me loading onto the server or on it.
Amount of warns: I currently have 0 warns but that is because of the warn wipe, I think I had 8 but I'm not really sure since I didn't check them in awhile

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience: I use to be an admin on a Zombie Survival server back when those where pretty popular, I did some events there but they did not require building
Server(s): It was a few years ago but I think it was something along the lines of Zombieland
Time as position: Around 3 weeks, server got pretty dead after the owner realized he was losing money.

(Check off the answer you choose with a “x”.)

Would you consider yourself an good builder?

[X ] yes
[ ] no

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: (if none leave blank)
I use to build in sandbox and I also played alot of DarkRP and made bases there.
Are you able to create a cohesive story?

[X ] yes
[ ] no

Experience with the creation of storylines, and knowledge of star wars lore:
I know a lot about Star wars lore, I've watched all the movies twice, including rise of skywalker but excluding the Han Solo movie, I also watched a lot of Star wars videos on YouTube that basically explained lore and I've played through Swtor as a sith Marauder and a Sith inquisitor. I've never really created a longer story before or really any star wars-related story at all. I've only really written a few of them because of school projects.
Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[ ] yes
[X ] no
If so how many times?
[ ]

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[X ] yes
[ ] no

As a game master what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create story, etc.):
I like the Build and creating a story aspect of being a GameMaster, I also wouldn't mine hosting an auction once a day since I know that game masters sometimes can sometimes do that. I'm decent at PvP/PvE so If nobody else was available I could also be one of the Event bosses, I'm not super good at PvP though and its not my main aspect/talent on this server, I only really know it from dueling the occasional person.

Plan an event (story based or building based):

I'm thinking about an event, its not really lore based since it would include some un-accurate aspects but it would be where a squadron of players where on a mission to excavate an old temple on Kashykk but then they get trapped inside by a group of Rouge force users and have to make there way through the temple to escape, It would sort of be an event with multiple route's and the ability for people to be revived, one of the ending would be that they are trapped in a circular room where a bunch of NPC's spawn in, I'm not really sure what type of NPC's the server has but it would most likely be an NPC's with a gun like Clone troopers or preferably defense droids. The player's would have to kill them and then scavenge them for parts in order to build a splice to crack/hack open a door leading to a room where they can heal and regain there stamina before they do a boss battle. Another ending would have them trying to rescue a captured droid that they discovered about after hacking a terminal, the droid holds information about an ancient holocron on which they would have to go get and bring it through a series of rooms in order to decrypt the data/code inside which they would then use to open a secret exit and then they would return and deliver the data.

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[X ]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [GameCrunch], have permission from [Croc] to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.
[X ]

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated):

I think that I should become a GameMaster because there is a lack of active ones and I'm relatively active on the server and OOC. I'd host an event once a day or if a lot of players are asking for one since I haven't seen an event hosted in like 4 days. I'm fine with hosting an auction or ranking a player up to Apprentice/Padawan or Knight/Lord if allowed by staff since I've seen some players go for 10 minutes before a staff can respond/gets online to rank them up. I dont really know of any people that greatly dislike me other than maybe Joksie but he could be memeing/Joking. I'm usually active for the majority of the day and I live in the eastern timezone. I also know alot of the core and essential mechanics about Gmod, The source engine and Reborn gaming. I have decent knowledge of the building tools and I know how to use the tools like Precision, Weld, Adv Dupe etc... I know I said that I originally had 8 warns before the warn wipe but that was around 2 years ago and I've matured since then, I know some people look at 8 warns as being a lot but they have since been removed and where a long time ago. I've also been in alot of events in the past and I understan the basics of how they work and not to over-do it since that lags/crashes the server.

Edit: I do have a minor problem with Bhopping as I do it naturally but if I do catch myself I walk back/move back to where I was and try not to do it. I think this will probably be a problem for another week as I readjust to no longer bhopping but I'm nearly already there

Last edited:

Oat man

-1 kind of a minge, doesn't take things seriously, and just came back i think you should play for a little longer (prove me wrong and i will make my vote a = )

Last edited:
-1 kind of a minge, and doesn't take things seriously (prove me wrong and i will make my vote a = )
I haven't minged since 3.0 which was like 2 years ago. Like I havent even been in a sit or got verbally warned by an admin since 3.0 but I do kind of agree with the just came back part since I've only been playing for a week so far after I came back from a period of being inactive but for that week I've been pretty active.

Last edited:
Neutral for now, would like to see you more in game, and 1133 hours in gmod is relatively low. Event sounds good tho
I've only really played for like a week 2 weeks before making this application, I was active before during 3.0 and a bit of 4.0 but I'm starting to get active again in 5.0, I've got 33 hours this past week so my hours are definitely increasing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arc
Im gonna -1 for now. If you have only been active for a week I would wait longer before making a GM app. Try being on the server for around a month or so just so everyone can get to know you and get an actual opinion on who you are

Im gonna -1 for now. If you have only been active for a week I would wait longer before making a GM app. Try being on the server for around a month or so just so everyone can get to know you and get an actual opinion on who you are
Alot of the people who played during 3.0 or early 4.0 know me as I was really active then. I'm also pretty active in chat right now

Last edited:
I'm getting alot more active, I'm pretty active in chat while grinding zombies, I've also got 43 hours in just this week, I know Yesterday I said I had 33 hours but I've already gained 10 hours since then.

I haven't minged since 3.0 which was like 2 years ago. Like I havent even been in a sit or got verbally warned by an admin since 3.0 but I do kind of agree with the just came back part since I've only been playing for a week so far after I came back from a period of being inactive but for that week I've been pretty active.
You also haven't played since 3.0 , which was like 10 months, not 2 years :/

You also haven't played since 3.0 , which was like 10 months, not 2 years :/
I might of exaggerated with the 2 years part but it was over a year, I remember being 2 school grades lower. Maybe early 2018/late 2017. I might of played this server before 3.0 but thats the earliest version I can remember.

I might of exaggerated with the 2 years part but it was over a year, I remember being 2 school grades lower. Maybe early 2018/late 2017. I might of played this server before 3.0 but thats the earliest version I can remember.
My main point is that you said you haven't minged since 3.0, but the last time you were on, was 3.0

-1 For now for reasons stated.
One of the main reasons stated is that I didnt have enough recent time, However the application got delayed until next saturday so could you reconsider your opinon after a few days if. (If you feel like I've gotten enough recent playtime on that is)

Arc

Deleted my neutral vote.. changing it to a

+1

From what i’ve seen he’s active and seems pretty chill, would make a good gm

Train

+1 I see you on a lot and your event sounds good, don't really know you that well though, others say your chill

Moxxi

Founder
denied for now try to be more serious and a bit less toxic and try applying again in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.