GameCrunch's Gamemaster apply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game Master Application

Steam name:
GameCrunch
Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:123531036
Ingame name(s): I go by GameCrunch in game as well.
Current play time: I'm not entirely sure on my playtime as there isn't a way to keep track in game. I'm 100% sure that I have over 300-650 hours on this server though as I reached my 1000 hour mark and 1 month steam achievement while playing this server. I'm not sure of my OG join time but the first time I started to play a crap ton was around when the old enjin forums (the old one on that really weird website) got replaced with these new forums. Didnt really create an account until a lot longer so I'd say I joined ~mid 2018.
Time in Garry’s Mod: 1911
Amount of warns: I'm pretty sure I've got 0 warns, if warns cross over from the server pre-reset then one.

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience: I use to be an admin on a Zombie Survival server back when those where pretty popular. I did a decent amount events there (If you've played zombie survival think once every 3 rounds) but these events did not have a lot of building
Server(s): It was a few years ago but I think it was something along the lines of Zombieland
Time as position: Around 3 weeks, server just died off and owner quit.

(Check off the answer you choose with a “x”.)

Would you consider yourself an good builder?

[X ] yes
[ ] no

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: (if none leave blank)
I use to play a lot of sandbox mode and DarkRP so I can make a decent build, I know about all the construction tool gun stuff like precision. Have not really done anything with NPC's other than the generic right click stuff in sandbox.
Are you able to create a cohesive story?
[X ] yes
[ ] no

Experience with the creation of storylines, and knowledge of star wars lore:
I know a lot about Star wars lore, I've never really created a long story before or really any star wars-related story at all.
Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[X ] yes
[ ] no
If so how many times?
Once, it was with building the event, It was over multiple days, I did not actually help with running it, only building.

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[X ] yes
[ ] no

As a game master what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create story, etc.):
I like the Build and creating a story aspect of being a Game Master. I also wouldn't mind hosting an auction once a day once people get items again since I know that game masters sometimes can host them and there where not that many auctions in 5.0. I'm decent at PvP/PvE so If nobody else was available I could also be one of the Event bosses, I'm around average at PvP but it is not my main aspect/talent on this server, I only really know it from dueling the occasional person. I use to play a lot of DarkRP and sandbox so I have pretty good experiences with building. As a GameMaster I would also like to host 1-2 events per day. One of them would be a smaller one and one would be a normal size event. If server gets back up to solid ~80 players I would do 2 full size events per day.

Plan an event (story based or building based):

I'm thinking about an event, its not really lore based since it would include some un-accurate aspects but it would be where a squadron of players where on a mission to excavate an old temple on Kashykk but then they get trapped inside by a group of Rouge force users and have to make there way through the temple to escape, It would sort of be an event with multiple route's and the ability for people to be revived, one of the ending would be that they are trapped in a circular room where a bunch of NPC's spawn in, I'm not really sure what type of NPC's the server has but it would most likely be an NPC's with a gun like Clone troopers or preferably defense droids. The player's would have to kill them and then scavenge them for parts in order to build a splice to crack/hack open a door leading to a room where they can heal and regain there stamina before they do a boss battle. Another ending would have them trying to rescue a captured droid that they discovered about after hacking a terminal, the droid holds information about an ancient holocron on which they would have to go get and bring it through a series of rooms in order to decrypt the data/code inside which they would then use to open a secret exit and then they would return and deliver the data.

Another event idea:

Since the event that use to be below was a pretty generic combination of King of the Hill and Capture the Flag I've re-made it into something more unique.
The event background is that you where sent along with other force users to scout out an area and to stop an uprising. You succeeded but on the way back the ship that you are on gets intercepted and attacked by member's of the uprising that wanted revenge. Both your ship and the attackers ship end up being destroyed.

This event is going to have sort of two directions so it could be played more than once, the first one is that you have to board the other ship and scavenge parts to fix your repair beacon and then survive in a wave-like style room until backup survives or you take parts from there ship to end up fixing your ship and then fly back to safety. The two options will mostly differ in the final boss-fight. I plan on the beacon one being easier than the scavenging one until the end and I plan on the one where you have to repair your ship being the more normal layout where the difficulty just ramps up.

The main combat for this event will be from other human NPC's and battle droids.

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[X ]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [GameCrunch], have permission from [Eros said I could just go ahead] to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.
[X ]

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated):

I think that I should become a Game Master because there is not that many and I plan on being active on the server and OOC. I already am trying to be pretty active on the discord. I'd host an two event once a day, a big one and a small one, or if there is a lot of players are asking for one. I'm fine with hosting an auction when people start getting good items again or if the server never inventory wipes i can do them daily as well. I also wouldn't mind ranking a player up to Apprentice/Padawan or Knight/Lord if allowed by staff since I've seen some players go for 10 minutes before a staff can respond/gets online to rank them up, this might not be needed though if they end up using a quest for the initial training. I dont really know of any people that greatly dislike me. I was usually active for the majority of the day during 4.0 and 5.0, I will still be active when the server comes back up but because of online school and my sleep schedule I might not get on until 2:30pm some days but I will try to at least do 5 hours per day on the server. I also live in the eastern timezone. Right now i'm trying to be pretty active in the discord also. I also know about the core and essential mechanics about Gmod, and Reborn gaming. I have decent knowledge of the building tools and I know how to use the tools like Precision, Weld, Adv Dupe etc... I've been in a lot of the previous events in the past and I understand the basics of how they work and will try to not to over-do it since that lags the server and then the zombie spawners on Kashykk would get removed for the duration of the event, which would annoy people not currently in the event and would leave them excluded.

Also I did re-use my old app (I also did update it) because I spent a long time on it and it didn't seem to have much flaws and it was also done in January which is not that long ago so a lot of the app still held up. I also made a second new event idea that I spent ~30 minutes working on.

Update: I updated the app to change the 2nd event to something other than CTF/KOTH combo and attempted fixed a lot of grammar issues such as planet names not being capitalized and over-use of commas.

Last edited:

Sniper

-1 wait until the server is finished and play for a couple of weeks rather than applying before the server even launches

-1 wait until the server is finished and play for a couple of weeks rather than applying before the server even launches

@everyone If you would like to be Staff for the JvS, please go to https://reborngaming.net/forums/ & apply for Staff/Gamemaster. In the part where it says you got permission from, put ZoZo. Thanks!

From #announcements in the reborn gaming discord server. ZoZo literately told people to go ahead and apply. I've been pretty active in the discords anyway.

Sniper

@everyone If you would like to be Staff for the JvS, please go to https://reborngaming.net/forums/ & apply for Staff/Gamemaster. In the part where it says you got permission from, put ZoZo. Thanks!

From #announcements in the reborn gaming discord server. ZoZo literately told people to go ahead and apply. I've been pretty active in the discords anyway.
Getting perms doesn’t mean everyone should +1, and did you play the swtor server?

Okeas

VIP
-1 a lot of gramatical errors that makes the app seem rushed. The first event is very vague and is the baseline for literally every single raid event. This is just the minimum and there isn’t anything that makes it stand out. The second even is literally capture the flag with no respawns. A main part of your app is saying you’ll host auctions but auctions isn’t what the server needs to be active. It needs something for people to want to play on it and from what I’ve read. It doesn’t sound like you’ve given me reason to believe you can provide that. I also don’t know you very well, I kinda know your name but not too well.

Thats kinda poor argument, if anything its easier to train GM's before the server launches and becomes public ¯\(ツ)
also why do you care if people played the SWTOR server or not it literally doesn't matter the servers were almost polar opposites in terms of structure, expectations, and rules

Last edited:
Getting perms doesn’t mean everyone should +1, and did you play the swtor server?

I never played the SWTOR server, I quit 5.0 because of the grind right before SWTOR got released but I did play JvS a lot before I quit, Does it matter anyway? JvS and Swtor where two different servers.

Edit: I made a typo on accident.

Last edited:

Sniper

Thats kinda poor argument, if anything its easier to train GM's before the server launches and becomes public ¯\(ツ)
also why do you care if people played the SWTOR server or not it literally doesn't matter the servers were almost polar opposites in terms of structure, expectations, and rules
In the end it's under the same name, when the server is released there isn't going to be a event day 1
I never played the SWTOR server, I quit 5.0 because of the grind right before SWTOR got released but I didnt play JvS a lot before I quit, Does it matter anyway? JvS and Swtor where two different serves.

In the end it's under the same name, when the server is released there isn't going to be a event day 1

That second quote is my fault. I did a typo in the original message. I meant to say that I did play JvS a lot before I quit, I played it basically non-stop for the first month when 5.0 came out and I played throughout the vast majority of 4.0 and 3.0 and only took a break in the week before 4.0 got released and took a month break in around the middle of 3.0

Also levels/Inv arent wiping, the economey is gona be reset somehow but not through a wipe. Levels are character based. A Day 1 event would actually be pretty cool if it works correctly

Last edited:
-1 a lot of gramatical errors that makes the app seem rushed. The first event is very vague and is the baseline for literally every single raid event. This is just the minimum and there isn’t anything that makes it stand out. The second even is literally capture the flag with no re spawns. A main part of your app is saying you’ll host auctions but auctions isn’t what the server needs to be active. It needs something for people to want to play on it and from what I’ve read. It doesn’t sound like you’ve given me reason to believe you can provide that. I also don’t know you very well, I kinda know your name but not too well.

The second event was not that good of an idea, I just put it down as an idea of what I'd do as a PvP-orientated event, I remade the second event into a more unique idea that I am pretty sure that has never been done before. I also tried to fix a lot of the grammar issues since I did notice that I didn't capitalize the first letter of "Kashykk" and over-used commas.

Moxxi

Founder
we are going to accept your application come in teamspeak and message eros or zozo to get your tags/channel/training

Status
Not open for further replies.