Gary's Administrative Application

Gary

ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF APPLICATION
Please copy the entire form below and make a new thread in this section with all of the fields correctly filled out.
Failure to correctly fill out this form within 24 hours of posting your application will result in your application automatically being denied.

QUALIFICATIONS
Steam Name: Gary Maxed
Steam ID - STEAM_0:1:83667901
Ingame Name(s) - LAK INQT App Garry 47
Server Playtime - Right now 2D, However I have played Reborn since 2016
Garry’s Mod Playtime - 5550h
Warn Count - 0
Age - 18

Relevant Experience
Servers - Reborn JVS, IceFuse, Blazing Diamond Gaming, Bullseye Vision Gaming, Ascendancy Servers, Aurora Servers, Cosmic Networks, I have many more however I have just forgotten exact details that were needed

Positions -

Reborn: Moderator
IceFuse: Moderator
BDG: Head of Development/Management
BVG: Administrator/Co-Owner
Ascendancy Servers: Founder/Developer
Aurora Servers: Staff Manager/Bug Fixer
Cosmic Networks: Senior Moderator

Responsibilities -
BDG: I oversaw the developing of different custom additions to the server, as well as managed community relations in terms of gameplay and playability. I also helped oversee lower staff positions and spoke with the owner about future projections, and financing.

BVG: I helped project the server into the future. I was in charge of staff roles within the server, how everything functioned together, and worked to make sure the server kept enjoyability, and if experiencing lack of players had the role of creativity and managing potential investments.

Ascendancy: I founded the server with my good friend, kept it for over a year, however, had drama with management and thus merged it into Aurora Servers. I developed the server with my friend Xrel and created a peak of 45 players average.

Aurora Servers: Administrative Management; oversaw the roles and duties of higher-staff and saw to it duties were being carried out as efficiently as possible. Also helped bug fix a lot of different problems.

Leave blank or put N/A if you have no previous administrative experience.

QUESTIONNAIRE
A position on the Administrative Team requires patience, responsibility, and a level head.
Answer these questions as best you can to demonstrate these attributes.
Minimum effort will not be tolerated.

Why should the community support your application?
The community should support my application because I have been around for a decent amount of time. I also believe that my experience and skills throughout my Gmod playtime may be very useful to the server as a whole and for the future. I also can hold myself well in positions of stress, I don't anger easily, and stay chilled and relaxed for mostly everything; I am very informed on leadership duties, and administrative privilege and responsibilities. I understand Reborn's focus, and I believe I can adapt to help the current staff team and future members in the growth of the server. I also have helped create many documents and other papers to support the server and its roleplay functions. These reasons ( experience, leadership, maturity, and readiness ) add up to make me a proper choice for such a position.

What makes you more qualified than other players?
In short ability to apply my experience. I have been playing Garry's Mod since 2014 and I understand the community; I know how to handle problems between people, problematic members, erratic staff or players, and have knowledge of proper procedures. My in real life applicability as well should make me a front runner of my qualification. Leadership with SWAT Tacticians, Team experience with simulations of military combat and events, Computer Science experience, and other integral abilities. I don't believe saying that the negatives of reborn make me a proper choice, I believe adapting on how to succeed with the negatives and to root them out make me a solid choice for the position.

What are your primary focuses in successfully handling an administrative situation?
In any given case, I believe in non-bias and equitable punishment/settlement. During admin situations, I believe that not putting your sentiments into the scenario, regardless of who it is, is ideal since it results in a fair judgment of the case and reduces the likelihood of bad blood amongst players on the server. Another goal of mine is to lessen tension in the circumstance so that players don't pick up on other possible warnings/reasons to kick, as has happened in the past with many players.

Why did you choose this community to serve as staff?
I chose this community because, in the years that I've spent on it, it's the only StarWarsRP server I've truly invested money and effort in, as well as the community itself is lively and pleasurable to be around, which has just fueled my desire to serve this community.

USER-ADMINISTRATIVE AGREEMENT
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, or neglect of the responsibilities placed on Administrative staff.
[Gary]

USER PERMISSION CLAUSE
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [Gary], have permission from [Ronnie] to make my application, either via forum private message, steam, or in-game.
I also acknowledge that if I am lying about my permission, that I will be denied the right to apply for any Reborn staff position in the future.
[Gary]

Last edited:

Cruen

-1 You seem pretty mingy. I've witnessed you interrupt rp multiple times and it doesn't reflect well on you, work on that and I'm sure someday you'd be a great staff member

+1
for the first few days he was around on the server, he adopted a mingy attitude, however, I believe after reflection of the responses on this app, he appears to begin to be turning his behavior around. I've had multiple really good RP interactions so far with him, and if he keeps it up, I think he could easily take up a staff position.

edit: originally a -1, changed to a +1

Last edited:

Kal

-2 - EDIT - Changing to Neutral, has showed a much more mature attitude lately and I don't see any reason to hinder his application im enjoying his rp and i look forward to seeing him more
Even though I'm sure most of the time you don't intend to be mingy you still do some things that make me doubt your proficiency at administrating. Often you'll say some things in fac chats or interrupt rp and even though I honestly feel your just trying to create some harmless fun, sometimes it can be annoying to players. I've also personally never seen you attempt any RP.

My advice is to tone down on the mingyness

Last edited:

Gary

Why did you stop being staff on those other servers?

BUMP.

IceFuse, I had a bad experience with the other staff. Not personally, but i noticed a lot of toxicity around them and leadership. So i quit the staff team to persue better experienced elsewhere
BVG, I didn’t choose to leave; the owner disappeared and one of his irl friends said he got in a car crash but he came back a while later however I was done by then with that server.
BDG, The ownership had no intention of continuing the server after a certain point and left gmod all together. I of course left to find better things at that point
Ascendancy, It was starting to die out- after an issue with our community manager going out to make a new server and try poaching our player base it got me really too annoyed of that drama, so what I did was merge it into Aurora Servers after beings asked to by their ownership.

Aurora Servers, I had a great time with the staff team no real problems at all; but around three months in, i was getting busy with irl issues, and got into a depressive mindset with some new medicine so I decided staying wasn’t the best for my mental health at that time. I haven’t gone back since as I deleted most of all my old discord servers. However i do still have my original Ascendancy discords
Cosmic Networks, it was a long time ago, i honestly forgot exactly what happen however i can say it wasn’t left on a bad note
I’ve never been fired or anything like that from a staff position. I usually have had some good reason, or just readiness to leave

Sauron

-1.5 If I can even take off half a point. I love your application but you have warped to tython multiple times with out permission. A Sith wouldn’t just travel to tython especially an Apprentice. I only mention this because as staff you represent the Staff team with everything you do and stuff like that can be warned for Fail RP you’ve just been lucky we’ve handled it in RP

Last edited:

Sauron

-1.5 If I can even take off half a point. I love your application but you have warped to tython multiple times with out permission. A Sith wouldn’t just travel to tython especially an Apprentice. I only mention this because as staff you represent the Staff team with everything you do and stuff like that can be warned for Fail RP you’ve just been lucky we’ve handled it in RP
Changing mine to +2 has changed a lot since getting lord

Weewooicus

Denied
For the time being, you can apply again later. Get to know the community more and become more acquainted with the rules of the server.