Status
Not open for further replies.

hagank

QUALIFICATIONS
Steam Name - Koscheski
Steam ID - STEAM_0:1:23821932
Ingame Name(s) - Kyr’am
Server Playtime - 5 Days 20 Hours
Garry’s Mod Playtime - 7000+ on both my new and old account. 4000+ on my current.
Warn Count - 0
Age - 22

Relevant Experience
Servers -
ASG, Hammerfall, Hammerforge, Kraken, Reborn, Gaminglight, Shepard's, and many many more. Its been nearly 10 years of Garry's Mod, and sadly I do not remember all of the servers I have been in, or even the names of a few I helped create long long long ago.
Roles - CO Owner, Super Admin, Admin, Super Moderator, Moderator, Head GM, Senior GM, GM, Event Coordinator, Lore Coordinator

QUESTIONNAIRE
The Gamemaster role requires creativity, knowledge, and most of all, vision.
Answer these questions as best you can to demonstrate these attributes.
Minimum effort will not be tolerated.

What is your level of experience with Garry’s Mod construction and tools?
I have had more then a few years of experience with GMOD Construction. It used to be one of my favorite things to do in-order to create engaging stories for those I was GMing for. I loved building massive constructs and buildings for people to fight in. I also used to love going into solo games and making my own constructs for my own stories back in the day, this all being before I realized multiplayer was even a thing on GMOD. When it comes to tools however, I do have a great amount of experience with them, but they may be a bit outdated. That being said I still remember the basics of GMOD tools and would be more then willing to sit through a tutorial on the newer tools as well as anything else that may need to be taught.

Why do you want to become a Gamemaster? Despite my past statements about enjoying world building and massive events, I would like to become a GM focused around Roleplay. I have been told Roleplay based GMs are on short supply right now, and roleplay is probably my favorite thing ever on GMOD. So that being said, I am wanting to push for more roleplay on the server and wish to help out with that by being a GM. That and, I also wish to assist the Overseers with having a GM that way they may be able to host trainings, and events more frequently.

Why should the community support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? I believe I have more then shown my capability and my fire to get things done on this server. I believe I have shown the roleplay I wish to roleplay I wish to bring to the table and how much I care about it. I believe my experience, my willingness to learn, and my fire makes me a qualified candidate among my peers.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past? I have currently helped set up and run an event with The Storyteller, and have hosted my own mini event using the NPC system. All of these have been in an attempt to see how large the interest in Overseer ran events is. The events have gone quite well however, I do believe having a more dedicated GM to these sorts of things, or a ticket system, and or the events being proper and announced, would help dramatically.

How well could you adapt to unplanned circumstances in something you have planned? I have been a GM for over 8/9 years now and a Dungeon Master for about 10. Unplanned circumstances are normal and should be embraced, depending on how drastic or severe they are. At times plans need to change and you need to be willing to come up with new plans on the spot. However, a major story beat may sometimes be required or necessary for a story, and you need to push the players in the right direction through context clues and roleplay.

What interests you most in the Star Wars universe? I won't lie when I say it all dose. I was born and raised with Star Wars in my life and my first ever experience with it was also my first ever video game Star Wars Galaxies. I was around four or so when my father introduced me to that game and a few months after my Grandfather took me to watch Episode 5 at his house. Star Wars has been a major part of my life since I was a small child and I enjoy every aspect of it. Though, if I was forced to pick a single aspect I like above all the others it would have to be the Star Wars Legacy Era. Some people say it was to Metal and Over the Top, but honestly it just felt like a great conclusion to Star Wars to me. I loved Darth Krayt and his turning the Jedi Temple into the Sith Temple. I love the Sith Trooper Cyborgs, the One Sith ideology. I love love love the Fel Empire and it's Constitutional Monarchy that began to somehow have more freedoms then even the New Republic. I just love it all! And if I was pressed further into a very specific part of Star Wars, I would answer Sith Alchemy. Sith Alchemy is the lifeblood of the Sith and once an aspect of the force used by the Je'daii of old. It's secrets and potential are limitless and of great enjoyment to a nerd like me. Furthermore, and I know this is a lot already however I do wish to describe my favorite individual in all of Star Wars as well. I am a massive fan of Emperor Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorian, I believe him and Malgus to be the two most interesting and well written characters in Star Wars. Tenebrae to me represents what the truest form of the Dark Side is as he has mastered most everything the Sith seek to achieve. For that reason, and his sheer manipulation of the galaxy, I love his character highly.

Now, taking what most interests you, craft a high-quality multi-part storyline (with characters, branches, anything that you see fit) that you could create multiple events from.

Event: Herald of The Progenitor

Phase 1: Rouge Intentions (Planetary Defense)

On the planets of Tatooine a broken down and decrepit HK unit is sold to a merchant by an adventurer, who had just arrived on world from a expedition to a mysterious bunker on Telos IV. After the adventurer left to return to his homestead the droid would begin to awaken in the merchants shack and all hell would break loose. Soon droids around the planet, Republic, Sith, and Neutral alike, would begin to turn against their masters. The entire planet would become blockaded by ships controlled by droids who had killed the ships crews. And as this all happened a war cry could be heard screeching across the planet in binary, "FOR THE HERALD FOR THE UPRISING!!!!". Soon enough mainline Republic and Sith forces would begin to receive word of this mysterious droid uprising. Both forces now landing on the planet to hold the main city and stop any droids from taking over the landing pads, this way civilians and military assets could escape the mayhem. Upon their arrival both forces would encounter what is left of the planetary defense forces, who would inform them of where the uprising originated. Supposedly a gangster for the Hutts patrolling the outskirts of the city had seen the HK unit escape from a shack outside the city limits. He was unable to find where it ran off as soon after that encounter his own security droid began to turn against him after the HK screamed something in binary. After receiving this information the Republic and Sith would have to agree to split their forces into a defensive group and a investigatory group. As the assault on the city was becoming more and more dangerous as time passed and if they did not act quickly it was suspected the city would be lost. Thus the groups would split with the defense group designated to hold the line as each wave of droids got more and more difficult, and then at the same time the investigatory group would split off to go find the shack.

Heading direct north of the city the group would find the small shack covered in security and battle droids! Working together they would have to cut down the droids and make their way inside. Once inside they would find a grizzly scene of the merchant now dead on the floor and torn apart. If the group investigates further they will find a datapad thrown across the room and hidden behind fallen crates. If successfully cracked it will describe as follows, "Old Yilin finally found something worth my time! After so many years of working together he found some sort of bunker?! I don't know to be honest I wasn't paying attention as he had an HK unit! An HK unit of all things! This will make a great prize! I suppose later I will have to ask him where he found it, he said something about needing to visit the Hutts before returning to his homestead? I don't know but honestly I don't care right now I just need to sell this thing and prepare to get out of this shanty town". From there the party would then need to begin heading towards the Palace. Halfway to that location however they'd find the adventurers body strewn across the canyon floor. If approached then the individual who approached would be shot at by the HK unit from above as droids would begin to swarm the area. Once them and the HK unit were defeated keen eyed and well rolled individuals would make out what looked like an HK-50 droid but more heavily modified and sparking at the eyes that would soon fizzle out into nothingness. Furthermore, after its defeat all droids on attack across the planet would begin to shut down including those manning the ships above causing them to begin falling out of the sky. With that the party can decide to study the corpse of the HK unit further in the future or leave it there, but they would be inclined to investigate the adventurer, who once inspected would have an open datapad. However, this datapads contents seem to have been in the middle of deletion and thus would need time to be recovered. Thus ending the event with a thank you from planetary forces, as time would have to be spent on restoring the datapad in order to progress to Phase 2

Phase 2: Dark Wars and Darker Machines (Flashpoint/Dungeon Exploration)

With the investigation into the HK unit, if whatever side grabbed it investigates it, they would discover 1/3 fragment of a virus. One that seemed to be transmitting from the droids vocal receptors and antenna. This would be the reason behind the uprising and could be used in the future if the virus were to be restored. Furthermore, with the investigation into the datapad, and its restoration, it would be discovered that a location had been imprinted on the pad. A location that led to the old Restoration Zones of Telos IV (Kashyyyk). Upon this discovery the forces of the Republic and Sith would begin heading to Telos IV to investigate. Upon their arrival they would be greeted by droids all defending that section of the planet. And once pushing past the droids would find an Dark Wars Era Force Field that had been activated blocking off the caves, with seemingly no way to deactivate it near them. These Force Fields once were highly efficient at blocking both the Force and Lightsaber strikes. Seeing this if the Republic and Sith investigate further north they would find a small droid outpost with a terminal inside. If successfully hacked then they would be allowed to return and enter the now open caves. Inside however, the droids would not let up as they would find resistance in every corner up until the ending of the cave. Once at the end they would find a sliced open door that had a teleporter to lead to the dungeon.

Inside the dungeon the joint forces would see a almost fully crumbling and destroyed bunker system, with many doors and entrances blocked off. However, they would find one door that had also been spliced and was capable of being opened, and once opened would lead to a security room with a bunch of destroyed droid parts and turrets. However, upon entering an alarm would blare and the door behind them would close as the door ahead of them would open revealing more security droids and an HK unit! Upon the droids opening fire on the group they would hear the HK say, "FOR THE PROGENITOR!". If it's corpse was investigated they would then find the same sparking eyes signifying that the droid had another piece of the virus in its head. Upon the battles end once the group entered the next room they would find a security hallway leading from right to left that overlooked a production facility of HK units! Most of the HK's were long destroyed but a few remained. To their right the party would see a security terminal and to there left down the hallway a door at the end of the hallway and a door in the middle of that hallway to the right. Once door was sealed closed, but the one at the end of the hallway, while also locked, had a terminal that could be spliced. Either way however, if the group even attempts at all to interact with the door or security terminal an alarm would blare, and a voice would be heard over the intercom saying, "Statement: While I am happy for my reactivation, I can not let the Republic or the Sith get their hands on these droids. Mockery: You meatbags will have to suffer the consequences of my reactivation and your incompetence. Statement: Praise be to the Progenitor". And upon the finishing of the droids speech the locked door to the right without the terminal would open revealing a detachment of security droids! With an explosion also being heard in the back as one of the doors at the entrance blocked by rubble reveals a security room, now also with droids coming after the party. Once defeated if the group investigates the security terminal they would then be able to see camera footage from earlier of them entering the facility, and a security check on the droids happening as multiple droids are awakened including a malfunctioning HK unit within a repair pod bursts his way out and makes a break for some unknown destination.

With or without that knowledge the group can slice into the door at the end of the hallway as a PK event warning is given. Once the door is opened it will reveal a final teleporter which will lead whoever wishes to go inside to a large reactor room. The room has a terminal at the end that once activated will begin a five minute countdown towards self destruct. Once activated the voice will be heard again saying, "Expletive: I can not let you damn meatbags destroy this facility! The Progenitor will have his army! Statement: HK-51s begin your assault and destroy these organic scum!". And with that waves of droids will begin to assault the group with the ending of each wave being a HK unit. If the group lasts the full five minutes then the facility will begin to explode as the comms system is destroyed. This signaling the group to retreat and escape. Believing that they have defeated the threat once and for all! And yet still missing the last third of the virus.

Phase 3: Dealt With Once and For All? (Planetary Defense/Boss Fight)

A few days after the incident the galaxy would be shaken once more! Both Korriban and Tython would begin to be assaulted by a mysterious fleet of ships that would soon reveal themselves to be filled with droids. Both planets would be assaulted by these droids and the defenders would have to hold for at least five waves, with each getting more difficult then the last. At the end of the fifth wave a shuttle will be left behind with a teleporter on both planets. Once individuals have been selected to go into the teleporter they will enter the hangerbay of an Ancient Leviathan Interdictor-Class Cruiser. Inside they will watch as two doors to their far left and far right open with droids pouring out by the dozens. To their front at the end of the hanger being a elevator which is locked and must be sliced. Once open another teleporter will be seen and the PK warning will be given. At this point the room will continue to be assaulted by droids as half the group will have to defend the shuttles while the other half go up the elevator. Once at the top they will be greeted by the elevator closing behind them and three HK units. The main unit will introduce themselves saying, "Statement: Greetings meatbags! It is I HK-50 the Herald of our lord HK-47! Mockery: Now I know you overgrown apes will not understand what I am trying to do but even still I won't let you stop his glorious return! Statement: Now meatbags time to die". And at that the boss fight would ensue!

Path 1: If the HK unit is defeated and no one has gathered pieces of the HK units virus then it will die and a self destruct will begin to activate across the ship! Once this happens all forces will be required to make a beeline for the exit as the ship will count down from 20 seconds. All forces will return to their homes as they watch the ship explode from a distance on the way in the shuttles. This ending the droid uprising and shutting down all of the units.

Path 2: In this path if the HK unit is defeated and the faction with the virus implants it into him or the computer of the Leviathan then the sentience of the HK will be returned to normal and that faction will gain power over the ship. This will most likely trigger PVP to ensue over ownership and in that case PKs will be called off but whoever is left will gain control of the ship. However, those who win will loose control of the droids on planet as the virus no longer effects them having been centralized within the vessel.

Path 3: If everyone is to die then all remaining forces within the ship are ordered to evacuate and return to their planets. This will then leave with a cliffhanger as the ship and the droids on planet begin to retreat.

If your application is accepted, you will be required to start a multi-event storyline as part of your trial. It is recommended that this be the first draft of that storyline.

USER-ADMINISTRATIVE AGREEMENT
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, or neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters.
[
hagank]

USER PERMISSION CLAUSE
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [
hagank], have permission from [Ronnie] to make my application, either via forum private message, steam, or in-game.
I also acknowledge that if I am lying about my permission, that I will be denied the right to apply for any Reborn staff position in the future.

[hagank ]

Status
Not open for further replies.