Hero Application/Paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUALIFICATIONS
Steam Name - Kody ~ mfergie1997
Steam ID - STEAM_0:1:183656241
In game Name(s) and Ranks - Master Marilyn, Lord Tasiele Shan, Lord Mack and others
Server Playtime - 8 WEEKS!
Garry’s Mod Playtime - 2500 hours
Warn Count - 0
Age - 21

ROLE SELECTION

Mark the role you are applying for with an X.

MERCENARY
[ ]
Requires VIP

FORCE USER

[ ]
Requires VIP

CITIZEN

[ ]
Requires VIP

HERO CHARACTER

[X]
Requires VIP & Hero Character Package

QUESTIONNAIRE

Event Character roles require a good amount of knowledge of lore, server history, and current server events.
Answer these questions as best you can to demonstrate these attributes.
Minimum effort will not be tolerated.

What interests you most in the Star Wars universe?
What interests me most in the Star Wars universe has a lot to do with just the vastness of possibility at its fingertips. From the rolling sand dunes of Tatooine in the outer rim, to the bustling sky traffic of Coruscant one of the core worlds, no matter where you look There is always a story to be immersed in, a character to fall in love with or a memory to be had that brings back the nostalgia of our younger years. That being said, if I really had to narrow it down to what interests me the absolute most in the Star Wars universe it would have to be the light versus dark or good versus evil aspect. The clashing of thoughts, emotions, ideals, and most of the time also lightsabers. What's not to love? With endless possibilities, how could you possibly get bored? Also, my favorite Star Wars eras are The Clone Wars and Old Republic because they hold my favorite characters such as Plo Koon.
Plo.png
What is the name of your character, and what is their history?
The name of my character is Plo Koon. Plo Koon is a Kel-Dor, Native to the planet Dorin, homeworld of the Kel Dor species, Koon was accustomed to breathing in an atmosphere containing little oxygen, forcing him to wear an anti-oxygen breath mask when away from his home planet. Born into a family strong in the Force, Koon's own Force-sensitivity was discovered early, and he was turned over to the Jedi Order early on in his infancy for training.

Like his uncle before him, Koon was trained at the Coruscant Jedi Temple's academy for most of his childhood years, eventually passing the Initiate Trials and becoming eligible to be selected as a Padawan. After passing his Initiate trials as a youngling, Initiate Plo Koon was Selected by the esteemed Jedi High Council member, Jedi Master Tyvokka to be trained as his padawan. Padawan Koon had a reputation for making quick and clear distinctions between right and wrong. Often taking swift, decisive action with little or no thought of repercussions; this attitude, combined with Koon's sarcastic wit, often tried the patience of his Jedi Master.

Eventually Padawan Koon's niece, Sha Koon, was also discovered to be eligible for training and was introduced into the Order. While not forgetting the Jedi rules of attachment, they did have a meaningful relationship, sharing insights with each other and forming a strong bond. After years of study with Master Tyvokka, Koon was ready to take the Master Trials, completing them successfully and being promoted to the rank of Jedi Master by the High Council.

"Fame, recognition, a Jedi does not seek these things. It was enough to serve and have good come from that." ―Plo Koon.

Jedi Knight Plo Koon Remained close with his former master Tyvokka, Koon studied as a Jedi Guardian independently, taking on missions that often required that he demonstrate his skill with a lightsaber, rather than diplomacy, although he still was very peaceful and diplomatic in essence. Jedi Knight Plo Koon returned to his homeworld at this point in his career, studying the ways of the Baran Do and earning a place in their order.

What drew you to the character role you have selected?
Plo koon has been a favorite of mine as I tend to like and favor the more underrated heroes and villains. He is quiet, wise and concise and that in turn provides his words with more weight than most, while being compassionate for those close to him. He was one of the greatest Jedi of all time if not the best Jedi of all time, he was bold yet cool headed, decisive yet deeply compassionate. Plo Koon was one of the purest Jedi during the Clone Wars and was set up this way from birth. This fits my playstyle when roleplaying a Jedi; I like to take the role of a pure Jedi that wouldn’t turn to the dark side.

Overall Plo Koon was badass to say the least, he was a highly skilled lightsaber duelist and master of form five Shien/Djem So. Plo Koon was a formidable pilot and led the 104th Battalion WolfPack Squad alongside Commander Wolffe. He was a Master of telekinesis and practiced a number of rare Force techniques including a light side version of Force lightning called electric judgment and also abilities that allowed him to alter the environment such as whirlwinds or clouds of fog.

Master Plo wasn’t prideful or overzealous and was fiercely devoted to justice while exercising great restraint in the use of his power, He displayed a great deal of wisdom when it came to strategy and deciding when and how to take action. Plo Koon embodied the role of the Jedi Guardian, the Jedi path that focuses on direct action in response to injustice. I believe we have uncanny similarities Master Plo and I also I already have a Master on the Jedi faction of the reborn Jedi versus Sith server.
R (1).jpg
What are your character’s main motivations, and how will you use that to drive your story?
Master Plo Koon of the Jedi order’s main motivations are to bring peace and justice to the galaxy. He was fiercely devoted to justice to be sure, but he exercised great restraint in the use of his power and displayed a great deal of wisdom. He had a keen sense of justice and his methods of resolving injustices bordered on vigilantism. He saw many issues in black and white but was never vindictive and always made sure to consider the nuances of situations as well. Above all his motivations, he cared deeply for those around him; be they fellow Jedi or Troopers under his command. I will use these motivations of his to drive his storyline and narrative.

LORE CHARACTER
What is your connection to this character?

My connection to this character is deep in a sense of similarities and drive for the same things as him. In his youth Plo Koon was described by his Master Tyvokka as humble, polite, stubborn, and difficult. Plo Koon is a Kel Dor, and he was a good representative of what an average member of his species was like. Many Kel Dor had black and white views of injustice and morality and were also known for being kind and hospitable. Their justice was harsh, but they never turned away from those in need and they were devoted to the preservation of life above all else. I believe this species suits me and describes my character and Master Plo’s quite well. Also opens up alot ideas for me for GM events on Koon’s home planet of Dorin and the faction he was involved with there.
R.jpg
What is your understanding of this character's origins and history?
My understanding of this character’s origins and history is excellent, improving and maintaining daily as I routinely study and familiarize myself with Master Plo’s story in legends, comics and in canon. Not to mention his species is very interesting and could make for fun events, and as would expect from such a culture; there were quite a few Kel Dor Jedi aside from Plo Koon. Sha Koon, Plo Koon’s niece was also a member of the order and Gnost-Dural was one of the Jedi’s greatest Historians.

It was no accident that many great Jedi were Kel Dor despite their overall rarity in the galaxy. Their society as a whole was very Jedi like so the Kel Dor were highly receptive to the Jedi Order, and they had an easier time acclimating to the general culture and philosophy of the order. Additionally Force sensitivity was unusually common among Kel Dor; and members of the species had learned to harness these gifts long before they came into contact with the Jedi or the Republic.

All of this is a part of the reason that Plo Koon became a perfect and pure Jedi, he was pretty much set up to be by means of his heritage. Diving deeper into Plo Koon’s origins, as to make this passage usable for lore research of my character. A broader look at Kel Dor; they were native to the planet of Dorin which was located on the edge of the northern dependencies, part of the expansion region.

The planet was extremely hard for spacecraft to reach since its star system was situated between two black holes which made space travel in the area extremely hazardous. Dorin itself was also dangerous; its atmosphere contained very little oxygen and was constantly bombarded with fearsome storms. Likely the result of the gravitational influence of the black holes; Dorin’s storms were violent, spontaneous and unsparing.

An ever-present danger that all life on the planet had to adapt to. The storms played a major role in shaping the Kel Dor culture, when they struck; Kel Dor were expected to open up their homes to anyone unfortunate enough to be caught outside. This began the foundation of their species' trademark altruism but also gave rise to another unique element of Kel Dor culture, the Baran Do Sages.

In the early days of Kel Dor society; the Force adepts among them discovered that sometimes they could sense storms brewing before they happened, allowing them to warn others before disaster struck. Thousands of years before the Republic or the Jedi discovered Dorin; these Kel Dor banded together and founded a Force tradition called the Baran Do. Members of this order became known as the Sages, and they proved instrumental in the development of Kel Dor society due to their precognitive abilities.

The Kel Dor were naturally drawn toward the light side of the Force and the Baran Do Sages quickly defined themselves as lightsiders. From the Baran Do’s inception the Sages focused on finding inner peace so as to be able to hear the will of the Force, allowing it to guide their actions and judgements. Not unlike the Jedi, the Baran Do Sages spent much of their time in meditation and acted in subservience to the will of the Force. They trusted in the will of the Force to guide them to resolve problems peacefully, or at least in the most nonviolent way possible.

They did not wield lightsabers and they were not required to train in combat, though some did anyway. Those that did usually made use of a simple wooden staff, telekinetic Force abilities, and environment altering powers. Virtually all Kel Dor respected the Sages and did their best to imitate them. Thus, the light side centric philosophy of the Baran Do led into the wider Kel Dor society influencing the planet’s development for the better.

The influence of the Baran Do began to wane however when Dorin was discovered by the Republic and the Jedi. The planet joined the Republic in 5975 BBY though it was never fully integrated into the Republic’s culture since it was so hard to reach and inhospitable to most species. The influence of the Jedi is what affected Dorin more because when the Order learned of the Kel Dor, they began recruiting members of the species into the order.

This led to a decline in the prominence and membership of the Baran Do Sages as the Jedi had a much more comprehensive view of the Force and the two groups were recruiting from the same pool. As a result, the Baran Do became a lot more obscure over the millennia after Dorin’s integration into the Republic. Like true followers of the light the Baran Do accepted this and bore the Jedi no ill will. In fact, the Jedi and the Baran Do actually ended up on good terms.

By the time of the Republic Golden Age the Jedi allowed the Kel Dor members to return home and join the Baran Do. Since the two orders had compatible ideologies, they weren’t really any problems with this sort of parallel membership and the Jedi council saw Baran Do philosophy as a welcome secondary perspective on the Force. Plo Koon was a member of the Baran Do Sages and its likely their influence was a large part of what made him such a great Jedi.

The Jedi ended up benefiting greatly from their close friendship with the Baran Do, because of Dorin’s remote nature and the relative obscurity of the Sages, the Baran Do managed to survive the rise of the Empire unscathed! During the dark times they preserved a whole lot of Jedi artifacts and teachings, keeping them safe from the Inquisitors. When Luke Skywalker set out to build a new Jedi Order after the Empire’s fall, the Baran Do reached out to him and offered him what lore they had kept safe which Skywalker gladly accepted. The Baran Do Sages and wider Kel Dor society shaped Plo koon into the Jedi Master we all know and love.
1656217774255.png
How are you adapting your character to fit into the Reborn timeline?
I would begin him pre-clone wars after the tutelage of Master Tyvokka and him refusing a seat on the council, if ever accepted for council I would have a specific event happen only after accepted where Master Plo refuses the council seat out of his own humility but then after an event where his former master dies, Master Tyvokka, he would join the council out of Tyvokka's wish.

The beginning of the event line summary: Upon returning to the Jedi order from the Baran Do and training hard, after years of hard work and service, Knight Plo Koon's former master Tyvokka approached him with an offer to join the ranks of the Jedi Council. Master Plo Koon, humbly declining in favor of a stronger mind, like that of his friend Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Koon did however accept a mission that Tyvokka was leading on the world of Troiken. The mission was to act as diplomats for the Galactic Republic, Knight Koon and the other Jedi with him were to negotiate peace between the Trade Federation and the pirate Iaco Stark.

Stark had been stealing bacta supplies from cargo vessels and selling them at lower prices than the Trade Federation could afford to offer, forcing the Federation to petition the Galactic Senate to intervene on their behalf. However, some factions in the government wanted more decisive action, and they organized an attack on Stark's forces, which caused the negotiations to degenerate into a firefight. Plo Koon watched in disbelief as his former Tyvokka was killed in the crossfire. Koon was by his master's side as he died, Koon, devastated by his loss, agreed to join the council out of his Master’s wish.

This would only be the beginning of Master Plo’s event line and his story in general as I have many ideas for his character development.
1656217801481.png

What makes you best suited to fill this role?
What makes me best suited for the role of Master Plo Koon begins with my passion for roleplay and includes but is not limited to my overall dedication to the server with 8 weeks invested. I have shown my passion to think outside the box and create roleplay scenarios on the fly or in depth roleplay up to full documents. I feel that I could provide the most realistic version of Plo Koon and have an event line for all to enjoy. Impersonating Master Koon and fully embracing the role I would have an event where my current Chiss Jedi Master Marilyn would disappear in one way or another (No spoilers!) allowing Master Plo Koon to pick up her positions. I believe this role would best suit me with Plo Koon as I want to give him more story than he currently has in Legends and Canon lore but also highlighting his pivotal moments as I would be starting an event line on him. These events would be a real peer into what Plo Koon was actually like I will be Roleplaying him and adapting him to Reborn lore in an almost alternate version of his life as I will be calling upon canon, legends, comics and Reborn lore to recreate his Force sensitive life and heroic deeds in Events and passive Rp. I believe that Plo Koon, a Force sensitive Kel Dor from the planet Dorin and Master of the Jedi Order would best fit me as a character because I would create unforgettable moments with his story, and I share the same compassion Master Plo shows his Troops and I also share his humility. I would also have an event where Plo Koon discovers Little Soka for anyone who had gotten approved for Ahsoka Tano in the future where Master Plo and Ahsoka go on to have strong bonds throughout the Clone Wars where I would create many high-quality events for their development. All a part of a Hero driven event line that is a perfect fit with reborn, its events, characters and something it is slightly lacking, and I hope to provide more of for others Hero's as well as I have planned for an upcoming Satele event continuation for Hunter.
Master Plo and Little Soka

PLO KOON MODEL I WANT

Attachments

• R.jpg
    R.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

DonFartle

plo koon is the worst jedi ever he dies immediately in order 66 like a total idiot he's not even a worthy jedi of being named he is equivalent to a youngling. Plo koon literally never does anything useful ever. Also he looks like a incest baby between a turkey and a predator and his race is unknown so he is just some stupid silly character that George Lucas made to fill in a character slot.

DENIED

Status
Not open for further replies.