Steam Name - Geico
Steam ID - STEAM_0:1:62707320
Ingame Name(s) and Ranks - ZA OST Apprentice Jidion | VIP | BOOSTER
Server Playtime - 1 day, 20 hours, and 46 minutes
Garry’s Mod Playtime - 2,593.1 hours
Warn Count - 0
Age - 18

ROLE SELECTION
Mark the role you are applying for with an X.

MERCENARY
[ ]
Requires VIP

FORCE USER
[ ]
Requires VIP

CITIZEN
[ ]
Requires VIP

HERO CHARACTER
[X]
Requires VIP & Hero Character Package

QUESTIONNAIRE
Event Character roles require a good amount of knowledge of lore, server history, and current server events.
Answer these questions as best you can to demonstrate these attributes.
Minimum effort will not be tolerated.

What interests you most in the Star Wars universe?
What interests me most in the Star Wars universe is the complexity and diversity it offers. Whether you like "mainstream" characters or very minor characters, there is always a story to be told with them. No matter who it is or how much they impact the storyline. There are always new things happening in the storyline and it never really seems to get stale for me. The amount of depth that LucasArts and Disney have given to the story is honestly astonishing. It is by far one of the biggest storylines for any series.

What is the name of your character, and what is their history?
The name of my character is Darth Vader. Darth Vader was once a Jedi Knight who was found as a slave named Anakin Skywalker. Anakin was a child who always had special talents. The cause of these special talents was later revealed as the force acting through Anakin. He was found by a Jedi named Qui-Gon Jinn. Qui-Gon was a Jedi who was controversial because of his tendency to disobey the council. When Qui-Gon found Anakin he used a blood test to test Anakin's midi-chlorian count. Anakin's midi-chlorian count was higher than Qui-Gon Jinn had ever seen. Qui-Gon had reported this to the Jedi Council and they denied the boy at first. However, Qui-Gon being himself decided to make the choice to train him anyways and the Council realized they really had no other choice. They expected Anakin to be one of the most powerful Jedi of their time and expected him to be "The Chosen One." Anakin grew to train under Obi-Wan Kenobi due to Qui-Gon's untimely death caused by the Sith known as Darth Maul. Anakin and Obi-Wan Kenobi grew to be like brothers and fought together. They fought through the Clone Wars together, however, during this, Anakin had fallen in love with Padme Naberrie, also known as, Padme Amidala. Padme was a politician and the Jedi were told to not trust them. Also, Jedi are not allowed to have romantic relationships with others. Anakin had received visions of Padme dying during childbirth. This caused a slight disruption in Anakin and is what ultimately brought his downfall to the Dark Side. Anakin had begun a friendship with Senator Palpatine who was later revealed as the Sith Emperor. Emperor Palpatine would slowly manipulate Anakin over time by making untrue promises and slowly turn Anakin to the dark side. Anakin had issues controlling his emotions and Emperor Palpatine prayed on this. Eventually, Anakin would find out he was a Sith Lord and turn him into the Jedi Council. However, he knew that the Jedi would most likely kill him, and he would lose his only way to save Padme. So Anakin went and stopped Mace Windu from killing Emperor Palpatine. This would prove to be Anakin's turning point and he fully embellished the Dark Side of the force, becoming Darth Vader. Anakin would go to Mustafar and kill Vice-Roy and his party. They were the last of Emperor Palpatine's witnesses that knew his full plan. When returning from Mustafar Obi-Wan Kenobi had met Anakin and they fought. This fight ended with Anakin being burned alive and losing his two legs. Palpatine saved him and made a torturous suit that not only kept him alive but also was very susceptible to electricity. So Emperor Palpatine could always kill him if he needed.

What drew you to the character role you have selected?
Darth Vader has been my favorite Star Wars character since I was a young child. Anytime I see Darth Vader or hear his iconic breathing, I get chills up my back. Darth Vader is by far one of the most famous/iconic characters to ever exist. Even people who barely know what Star Wars is, can recognize just the sound of his breath. Let alone his amazingly detailed suit. The fact that everyone is able to see how impeccable Darth Vader is as a character just makes me love the character even more. I wasn't the biggest fan of Anakin due to the childlike stupidity he was associated with. There were so many points throughout his life that he could have just made the most obvious choice that would fix the majority of his issues, but he didn't. However, something changed when he became Darth Vader. It's like the pain and suffering he endured finally matured him. He became the person he was supposed to be long ago, just a different rendition of it.

What are your character’s main motivations, and how will you use that to drive your story?
Darth Vader's main motivations are to become the most powerful Sith to exist and to attempt to bring Padme back. His only goal was to save her, and that still lives through him even now. When he has lost everything, has nobody there for him, and his only mentor tortures him to make him suffer more. He still thinks about Padme and ways to become powerful enough to bring her back. He is relentless in the way that he will do whatever it takes to get to the top. I will use this as a way to drive my roleplay-related story in the way that I will do whatever it takes to better myself. I'm willing to put the time into the server to become one of the best duelists and force users. Darth Vader was known for his crushing ability to absolutely demolish anyone who stands in his way, and I look at that as a goal everyone should have. Everyone should hope to be at the top and do whatever they can to get there.

LORE CHARACTER
What is your connection to this character?
My connection to this character is that we are both willing to do what is required to get to the top, no matter what. I've always been fascinated with Darth Vader and how he started. I feel that we are both similar in the way that not everything is handed to us. We have to grind at what we want and try to take it no matter the disadvantages we come across. Darth Vader has always seemed like a very determined person and I would love to be able to roleplay as that kind of character.

What is your understanding of this character's origins and history?
I feel that I have a very good understanding of my character's origins, history, and aspirations. I'm able to articulate every flaw and pro to Vader's personality and I'm able to fully sympathize with him on where he came from. I can see why he has done what he has and how it came to be. Being able to fully grasp the understanding of a character's reasons, ability, and personality as a whole is something that would help me in my journey of roleplaying as Darth Vader himself immensely.

How are you adapting your character to fit into the Reborn timeline?
I will be adapting my character to fit by making them have to go through the trials and hardships they had to go through before. Darth Vader didn't just start as the best, and neither should I. I feel that I could be a good way of showing that being a Lore Character doesn't mean they are immediately overpowered and have everything handed to them. I'm willing to work just as hard as everyone else if not more, to be able to get my way up the ranks to where Darth Vader originally was. Even though Darth Vader was not around in this time period I believe that if I were to be able to work my way up the ranks and become a higher-up as Darth Vader it would make for very fun RP situations that everyone could also relate to as everyone knows who Darth Vader is. It wouldn't matter that Darth Vader didn't exist then, because he would exist now as a different entity.

What makes you best suited to fill this role?
What makes me best suited is that I'm hardworking and willing to put the time and dedication required into this server to make the roleplay not only enjoyable but realistic. I feel that being able to roleplay as Darth Vader working his way up the ranks and slowly but surely getting better day by day would be a really fun thing to do and witness from others' perspectives. This would also allow me to enjoy the server even more than I already currently am. I have put around 22+ hours into the server just over the course of two days now. This is the first Star Wars RP server that I've seen actually do a good job at capturing the RP and story side of Star Wars. Most server people just sit around and talk or have to deal with egotistical superiors telling them what to do all day, in hopes of becoming one of them. However, this server is very different. Not only are the staff nice, but the superiors are also very willing to help the others. I've seen this first hand with Ronnie being more than willing to help me out whenever needed, I've seen two of the developers on so far actively working on the server, and Grand Overseer Venom who has been working one-on-one with me to help me become a better duelist. The server has been nothing but awesome since I've joined and I feel that I could really help out by participating in the roleplay everyone wishes to achieve.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Owner

Don't see how Darth Vader roleplay would be any good on a server that is thousands of years before him. I think it would be just a meme hero character with no real purpose on a JvS server.
Hero Characters bring the characters that haven't appeared in our lore adapted to our timeline.
The goal is that in this post-KOTOR period that it's essentially SWTOR, Clone Wars, and Galactic Civil War timelines at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.