Kesler Surnez's | Obi Wan Kenobi Application | Lore Hero Character

Kesler

VIP
QUALIFICATIONS
Steam Name - Kessie
Steam ID - STEAM_0:1:86303924
Ingame Name(s) and Ranks - MOTO (Former Grand Master, High Consular) Kesler Surnez, Knight A Zenrus Reslek, INQT APP A Yasha Morriban, RT 43rd PVT Anthony Compton...
Server Playtime - 3 Weeks 9 Hours (Since beginning of March, 2022 for more than 2 months)
Garry’s Mod Playtime - 4,070 hours
Warn Count - 0
Age - 20

ROLE SELECTION
Mark the role you are applying for with an X.

MERCENARY
[ ]
Requires VIP

FORCE USER
[ ]
Requires VIP

CITIZEN
[ ]
Requires VIP

HERO CHARACTER
[x]
Requires VIP & Hero Character Package

QUESTIONNAIRE
Event Character roles require a good amount of knowledge of lore, server history, and current server events.
Answer these questions as best you can to demonstrate these attributes.
Minimum effort will not be tolerated.

What interests you most in the Star Wars universe?

The lore, because the lore influences the other two things I am interested in; the passive roleplay and characters. Lore teaches us about the importance of why imagination and creativity is important within passive roleplay and the characters we play. Since many interactions have truly shown the impact from the endless stories of George Lucas with our own interpretation in the community. Passive roleplay giving us a reason to ACT and to BE our own version of the character we represent in our roleplay experience. But, we must remember to be the best version we can to not disappoint and give our full commitment to that roleplay!
In turn, characters interact with another to create the lore making us think of more stories to expand upon our own custom immersion, ultimately creating an amazing cycle of creation among the fan base of Star Wars to enjoy!

What is the name of your character, and what is their history?

Obi-Wan Kenobi or Ben Kenobi was born during 57 BBY(Before the Battle of Yavin) dying on the date of 0 BBY at the DS-1 Orbital Battle Station or generally know as the FIRST Deathstar to ever be built to the hands of his former Padawan and friend Anakin Skywalker or at the time know as Darth Vader. He had been taken as a Padawan by Qui-Gon Jinn, where in one instance he had defeated the FIRST SITH ever *Darth Maul at the Battle of Naboo in 32 BBY after almost one thousand years. This was where he witnessed the death of his Master Qui-Gon Jinn, using his emotions to fuel his saber combat and slice his adversary Darth Maul cutting him and half; supposedly dead. From then on Kenobi ventured to Kamino having first contact with the Clone Army which would be mobilized during the First Battle of Geonosis; successfully rescued from Seperatist forces from the Republic alongside Anakin Skywalker and Padame Amadala. After this occurrence it would have started the Clone Wars. During his time as a High Jedi General he had fought many battles with Anakin Skywalker each respectfully leading their own clone armies(ex: Anakin led the 501st Legion and Obi-Wan led the 212th Battalion for generalization). In the Clone Wars he was known as "The Negotiator", but quite the avid user Ataru/Form IV but then switched off of this fencing style to the Form III Soresu. Only switching to THIS form from Ataru because of his shortcomings with Ataru against Darth Maul that fateful day. The constant movements, sweeps, and openings in the torso left him open to death many times in that duel. But, is eventual MASTERY of Form III had Mace Windu compliment him as the "Master of the Defensive form" in short. A form which required less movement and precise defensive focus in the midst of dueling; helping him battle against the likes of General Grevious and Darth Vader. Nearing the end of his life he decided to watch over the young Luke Skywalker on the planet of Tatooine watching over the Lars family who eventually he mentored and assisted in his path to becoming a great Jedi.

1651658115508.png

What drew you to the character role you have selected?

I fell in LOVE with Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan when I was younger. In particular, his work in the move; The Impossible https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Impossible_(2012_film), which was based on true life story on the events in the Khao Lak, Thailand Resort! Where he portrayed the caring father who would go through great lengths to save his family and get back home! This was a movie that solidified why Ewan was a great person for the role of the Jedi Obi Wan to me! Because Ewan carried on a similar attitude from Obi-Wan to that kind of movie in his fatherly role. An insightful person who would do anything for peace and the good of his own people; to make sure they would succeed and not die in vain.

What are your character’s main motivations, and how will you use that to drive your story?

To make the Jedi Order prosper and provide peace to the galaxy. For instance, I believe Obi-Wan would try to convert and negotiate with Sith as much as POSSIBLE; ultimately believing in their conversion to the LIGHT SIDE. Also, to mentor and care about individuals within the order...this really resonates with his story because Obi Wan has always been about making sure Jedi have a selfless mission to go on with the right motives. Always making sure the next generation of Jedi are trained and BETTER. AND if not successful in those endeavors working to improve themselves for all to learn and see from. (A specific example of a conversion to the light side would be Vader back to the Jedi becoming Anakin Skywalker once more. Joining his friend and brother once more under the banner of the Republic Order). Then to further the Republic Trooper core in collaborating in joint missions, in particular Diplomatic ones...to help the populous of the galaxy.

1651659989064.png

ROLE QUESTIONNAIRE
Copy and answer only the questions relevant to your role.

LORE CHARACTER
What is your connection to this character?

Obi Wan had always been a character for me that cracked me up with his humorous sarcasm, something I would love to play implement into my character during roleplay! But, to me he was always the individual that would be STRONG in his beliefs and sure of his decisions...generally a overthinker like me who makes a lot of mistakes; somehow bouncing back from them. Ben Kenobi had been a representation of what a man was to me during my days as a kid and I still resonate with that statement. A character that had been a reflection of myself and my own wrongdoings....

What is your understanding of this character's origins and history?

I believe this character's purpose is to be a crutch of the Jedi Order who will protect the galaxy and Republic through any means required according to the Jedi. Believing the way of the Order and how the Jedi should act and become once they reach the right attunement with the Jedi Code! Specifically, "There is no death, there is the force" a line which Obi-Wan truly encapsulated at the time of his 'passing' becoming ONE with the force. A prime example of a effective leader to his fellow clone troopers and Jedi beside him, not inexperienced and a pushover he was in his younger days, a selfless individual willing to sacrifice himself for the galaxy.

1651658490961.png

How are you adapting your character to fit into the Reborn timeline?

I would like to make an event or collaborate with a GM to make a event regarding a sudden time warp to the current timeline of Reborn JvS. Similar to Ezra's event, BUT this time he would be found on the planet of Tatooine, disoriented and confused. Instead of an alleyway on Coruscant of the aftermath of 'Deception' Episode 4.15 where he WOULD HAVE become undercover as Rako Hardeen.
^ this link shows the event. This would then incite a conflict between the Jedi and Sith to fight. Leading to the new appointment of Obi Wan as High Consular after the disappearance of Kesler Surnez.

1651657260079.png

Or

I would have a variation of Obi-Wan wandering the planet of Tatooine from a abrupt sandstorm stumbling upon a fellow force user. Potentially interacting with Vader or the Grand Master... again inciting a form of conflict amongst both factions.

1651660238810.png

All in all, his purpose of training and making the Jedi Order great would not change and only be further needed among the galaxy.

What makes you best suited to fill this role?

I have committed myself to a plethora of roleplay these past 8 years of Garry's Mod and I have wanted to ACT as a Lore Character in star wars for a while. My general consensus is to act as the character would WHILE in RP, since this is a acting role! I would put my own twist on it while sourcing from Ewan McGregor AND Alec Guinness. Honestly, I am just real passionate about making this character fun to interactive with along the Reborn Community. I feel like I have a approachable, humorous, and kind demeanor like Obi Wan would in the Clone Wars and live action movies!

Edit: Tweaked a few things and may add some stuff from the notepad I have.

Last edited:

Aceverosi

JvS Staff
+1 I can definitely see you playing Obi, you're a good RP'er who genuinely cares for your faction.

Ronnie

Owner
We are going to wait to pass judgement on this until after the Obi-Wan show.
We want to be able to compare other people's interpretations and applications, and the show will renew interest in people applying for these roles.