Lukir's Gamemaster Application

Lukir

VIP
QUALIFICATIONS
Steam Name - Door Tea
Steam ID - STEAM_0:1:88646688
Ingame Name(s) - Lukir Ganar / Lukir Lennox
Server Playtime - 1w 2d
Garry’s Mod Playtime - 7,843 hours (im sorry)
Warn Count - 0
Age - 21

Relevant Experience
Servers - Tachyon Gaming, Banana Gaming, Hoopla Roleplay, Vault Gaming, ICE, Reckless Networks, Velocity Gaming, Nova Gaming (I'm not sure I need to go on)
Roles - I've probably recieved every rank there is to achieve, I've even ran and/or developed my own servers (Tachyon & Banana), as well as helping develop multiple servers in the past

What is your level of experience with Garry’s Mod construction and tools? I have some immense experience in terms of gmod, intricate builds all the way from DarkRP, to StarWars RP, In the past I've made multiple favored council rooms, dueling arenas, and etc.

Why do you want to become a Gamemaster? Honestly I'm not too big into roleplay, I take it seriously when it pertains to me and the RP that I effect (except when it comes to sith doing 800+ dmg to me and capturing me just to waste 15 minutes of my time to spite me). But what I do enjoy is the server running aspect of doing events. I've always loved coming up with new scenarios for a roleplay/OOC event. I've made so many events from back in the day that I've lost count of how many times I've enjoyed myself simply doing nothing but Gamemaster things. It got to a point that people requested i stopped helping GM stuff and do RP stuff. I know I haven't roleplayed very much in character, but that's simply because the Jedi are completely outnumbered, and the mannerisms of Sith roleplay right now genuinely just consists of toxic roleplay and heavy spams. I don't like to indulge it so I just ignore it. But I seriously do look forward to being able to create some really witty roleplay scenarios that aren't just "kill NPC's/Kill Boss/Minimal RP/etc."

Why should the community support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? Well I'd like to think I have a good understanding of what the players/community wants in terms of Star Wars events. I've hosted a lot of favored OOC events back in the day, so much so I had to stop doing so many because people kept asking for them daily, and I felt bad not obliging. Eventually I had to really dim it down so people weren't constantly expecting an OOC event daily. Which I will definitely watch for this time around. Anyway I'm really much more committed to helping the server run smoothly and have entertaining moments for everyone, rather than roleplay and doing /me or /rp things. I just dont find joy in that like I used to when I was 16, it just doesn't feel the same anymore. Which is why I think I should divert my attention to helping other people enjoy their roleplay instead of my own. Being a gamemaster was always a ton of fun, I can imagine myself using a gmod camera to clean up the screen for recordings, and really getting some fun content for the players, and possibly for youtube videos. I know that some Reborn youtubers didn't have the best videos, nor did I, but after doing more video editing over the years, I can see myself coming up with some really intricate event ideas, as well as RP scenarios.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past? Well I've ran my own, helped with others, I usually never really got too much into roleplay back then either, usually if I did, I would have a google doc pulled up with chat lines to copy paste written by myself or other GM's.

How well could you adapt to unplanned circumstances in something you have planned? Unplanned and spontaneous moments is what makes an event, the ability to adapt to random moments that players have the chance to come up with is the most genuine RP that can happen. Just in terms of not telling them directly what their options are, everyone as a group can come up with a number of ways they can approach a boss/event, which makes the gamemaster really have to pay attention to the event instead of just "gm_spawn npc" until everyone is tired or dead.

What interests you most in the Star Wars universe? Well usually just the combat, I've always loved watching the duels in the movies, and in terms of the server I've always favored specific forms that still are somewhat similar to what used to be around. But mostly the creativity of it all. I mean lightsabers were made out of flash handles from old timey cameras, that kind of ingenuity needs to be applied towards events, and as I've seen so far, we've really come up with some great new things in terms of force powers and such. I'm really surprised at what all the developers have come up with, and I'm ecstatic about the things I can use in events for future ideas.

Lukir's Storyline Event

I think something I'd wanna do for my first event is have one event character to have a thought out plan that nobody can see coming. I would probably have this event within the span of three days. One day for all troopers, sith, and jedi individually. Each event having a sole purpose of obtaining either information, or a player, that being whether or not someone would be okay with being captured and not seen until the final event comes to fruition. My main idea here is to have the options of the event change depending on if the event boss is successful or not. If a mission is compromised or fails, that would give an advantage to the players during the final event, such as less NPC's or an easier route for a squadron that has the chance of being PK'd for a rougher mission. (That whole PK thing during an event is still cloudy to me, I'd like to talk with some higher up GM's to see what kind of scenario they want and how they want it to go, I don't wanna make something too hard and have everyone PK'd but I also don't want it to be easy peasy)

Setup Events

Trooper Events
All available troopers (sith and jedi individually) would be called to a planet to investigate recent trade routes directed by Death Stick runners (unaware of what they are running, such as maybe spice or guns or whatever). Death sticks actually have some background to them as I've recently read up on, they are highly addictive and originated from the underworld of Coruscant. There would be a comms chat used to tell the players that the trade routes came from wherever they are, to the planet Balosar. Which we would find out later in the event is where balo mushrooms are found, which is how ixetal cilona is made. Balo mushrooms are distilled and refined into ixetal cilona which then becomes the infamous Death Sticks. This would make the characters the players would be fighting have a reason to fight back, instead of just being mindless NPC's. Gives the story more oomph. Troopers would explore the planet (Probably a planet with caves) until stumbling upon a distillery factory of Balo Mushrooms. They would be ordered to destroy the factory, find whatever information they can scavenge from what remains, and return back to their posts. In returning they would be greeted by a Death Stick Runner and NPC's upon leaving the factory, they could either kill him, or gain information by capturing and interrogating him to find out where he came from and what he's up to. This would be a scenario where each faction can gain an upper hand for the final event. Upon killing him the event would be over and the main communications for orders would have something to say depending on what goes on. But if captured, the troppers (sith and jedi as well, because they would be interrogated with other players back on their home planets) they would learn what exactly they're running through the system and why. The reason would most likely be vague, because runner's wouldn't know the full depth of where and why Deathsticks are being moved around as much as they are. From there, they will either remain a prisoner to stand trial, or be executed. Depending on where the RP goes.

Force User Events
(So these events would be individual between sith and jedi in one day (hopefully))

JEDI
All jedi would be told by the grandmaster that he was informed of some Deathstick trade routes on tatooine, as we're already aware, most Jawa's love doing whatever the hell they want, so of course if there were any around (probably will be, I think anzati would have some fun with this event) They would be able to question them and try to find the point of origin to where the deals are being made for all this illegal drug abuse. Now of course whoever is a Jawa at the time should be speaking in Jawa, but someone would need to know a script as if they were communicating with them, depending on how the Jedi act towards the Jawa, they can give them information, or be able to escape the jedi in some way (Speeders/Ships/etc. TBD). Upon talking with a Jawa, the Jedi would reveal that Deathsticks are being moved to and from planets at a random coordination, and they would need to pinpoint a recurring planet. Which here they would find out is the planet Bolosar. From there. they would send the Jedi to investigate the planet (Which I'm not sure how I would go about making a terrain, but now that I've seen Ronnie make a pretty cool terrain from the view of a window, I know now I can construct a building/factory of some sort that would resemble the planet. There they would find factory droids, workers, and possibly even some Jawas making a means of living by working at the facility, maybe not even of their own will. Jedi could have the possiblity of reuniting a Jawa with their family back on Tattooine. At the end of the raid/investigation would be a commander of the traders, not the highest of ranks within the traders, but well inversed enough to know what will happen after destroying the factory and all of its members. They will be informed that something bigger is coming in the future and that they won't be able to do anything about it (Such as another factory being built, bigger and stronger than ever). Again if they kill him or not after/during the fight, that will be another thing to affect the final battle of the three part event. If interrogated correctly, they could gain an understanding that the Sith might possibly be involved. Whether or not the Sith join the conquest of transporting Death Sticks throughout the system (since they can choose to be involved with their business in hopes of gaining more economic flow through their Empire) will determine what part they play in the final event.

SITH
A ship would arrive on Korriban, and be greeted by what I only assume would be blood thirsty Sith that want nothing but to kill whatever it is that entered their atmosphere, Sith can either respond calmy and hear out what the DeathStick runners have to say, or completely ignore them and do what they do best. Upon the sith granting the Deathstick runners to land on their planet. The Dark Council would have a meeting to discuss whether or not they want this trade of drugs to continue within their system. Although they run the risk of having Sith indulge in Deathsticks, this wouldn't be the first time a force user has indulged in death sticks. From there they could discuss the Jedi Rael Averross, who was a a padawan to the now sith Count Dooku. Averross took a less strict approach to the ways of the Jedi Order, and had issues conforming to the jedi code, as the sith do. Also being a friend and mentor to Qui-Gon Jinn, this character (Rael Averross) could have a major role in this event. He was known for consuming death sticks on Takodana often, and would bend the rules of the Jedi Code such as having relations with women but not forming attachments. The Sith can choose after learning of the background of deathsticks whether or not to allow the trades to continue, or they can assist the jedi in taking down the trades. Cons of their choices would be as follows: If they accept their offer. they would fight the Jedi during the final event part, and depending on how it goes, may have a longing effect over tattooine and the Jawa's. (Of course there would be an event to change whatever happens and return everything to normal, allthough this event idea is theoretical) Or if they decline the trades, they would fight alongside the jedi, and have to destroy the remaining factory's to insure the safety of their home planets. Now of course the sith event is not as action based as the other 2, but it's possible that instead of having the sith council deny or accept their landing for the business proposal, maybe we could have them first find a band of death stick runners on a planet attacking sith (This would be a random thing as if it's happening in pure roleplay and not an event moment), Whoever is attacked would call for more sith, (I would make sure no other faction join in on the part as long as it doesn't affect anyone getting anything done) and the sith would investigate who was attacking and for what reason. They would come to find loads and loads of deathsticks being transported away from the place they stumbled upon, and would check the rest of the area only to find another factory of sorts. Of course they might be upset at the deathstick runners for impeding on their system and running factories without consent or permissions. Here they could make the final decision to maybe make a profit, or defend their home.

Final Event
So the final event would Either be based in the Event Area, or maybe Kashyyyk, still unsure of some final decisions but I'd love to see some input from other staff/gamemasters and players. Anyway, Depending on how the events have concluded, There would be More Factories based on Kashyyyk, some maybe over the water which would make travelling there much more complex (since you can't force jump in the water) and difficult to navigate. I'm hoping to make a well structured factory of sorts in order to make the event more appealing, and hopefully not that laggy. Players would be split up into 2 or more groups (most things will be depending on what players choose for the setup events) and would be sent to each factory to figure out where they are coming from and why they consistently insist on creating more Deathsticks. Upon discussing with whoever is in charge of the deathstick operations, they would come to learn that they want to run down the entirety of the system by making everyone more addicted to deathsticks than ever before, they will be told the deathsticks will have a longing effect of addiction, and eventually cause death upon not indulging in more of the substance. Players that consumed deathsticks would be needed to be taken to a MedBay to flush their system of the addiction (probably after the event, though this could be a cool thing to make players of consequences of not roleplaying correctly, and because they took deathsticks due to fooling around, would have to make them wait until Medical Advisor gave them the OK to fight after a certain time limit passes). It's a good way to seperate the minge from the RP, which of course there always will be some of that. Anyway there will be a few facilities on planet to overtake in hopes of finding the main boss of the event, which here they wouldn't find/ Whether or not the sith allow the running of the deathsticks will decide where the boss is at the end. If they allow it, They will help defend the final Factory in the event area, which will be a big factory of sorts, and they will fight against the Jedi (hopefully it would be even in numbers, im hoping some sith with jedi lives wouldn't mind switching to Jedi in hopes of evening the odds so that way it's anyones battle). If the sith win, they would be given a higher reward than the Jedi. Same goes vise versa if the Jedi win. But if the Sith choose to fight with the Jedi to protect their way of life on Korriban in hopes of them not being corrupted by addiction, everyone would fight together, They would work as a team to destroy the Generators of the Factory in a certain time limit. They would be given a deadline to take out the NPC enemies within a certain timeframe, and upon failure would result in more NPC's flooding the insides and out of the factories on Kashyyyk. But if successful, they would find the commanding bosses of the factories, which from there they would gain the knowledge of the main homebase of dathstick runners. Here they would go to the factory in the event area, and attempt to overtake the factory and discuss terms with the Overseer of the Trades. (Still trying to come up with names here sorry lol) Now this is where RP could get difficult, Sith would most likely want to kill him and be done with it. And the Jedi would want to try him for his crimes. This is where there could be conflict once again between the Sith and Jedi, if they chose to work with the Jedi, here they can be given the opportunity to join forces with the Deathstick runners and run the Jedi off the planet, and be done with all of the hassle. If they wish not to join the runners in their conquest of an economy boost. they could simply just kill him against the Jedi's orders, or interrogate him to see what's left of the deathsticks in the system. I would prefer to end this Event on a cliff hanger. Such as some event character name adverting "What a shame. . . . . No matter though, many factories within the system remain in tact. This incident barely made me bat an eye." Or something along those lines. And from there I can continue on a story of this sort.

Out-Of-Character Events
I just wanted to include this into my application just because of how much fun I have with OOC events, I know it's probably not something we want to see on the server often, but it gives both factions an opportunity to make friends and become acquainted with players you wouldn't normally meet in normal RP scenarios whether that be an event or on Tatooine.

Some of the events I'd hosted in the past included: Sarlacc Says which was an event where there would be 4 tiles of color that you would have to move to in a certain timeframe, if you didnt make it to the color, you would fall into the pit and be out of the event since you die immediately (which overtime became Jawa Says due to popular demand), Strafe Falling event, I used the ability of strafing in gmod to make a fun event where you had to jump from a high place, avoid props, and fall into water at the bottom in order to get a prize. Most people aren't familiar with strafing so this was a fun way of teaching people how to use their movement in the air. And I've been thinking of some other ideas, maybe if there's a way to disable the player names above the heads in console maybe, if not thats okay, but a hide and seek build would be really fun to make, such as making a house with a backyard, or maybe a shopping mall of sorts, idk. You would be able to explore the place and try to find secret hiding spots (because the really good hiding spots wouldn't be so obvious, such as a hole in a wall that would just be no-collided. If anyone ever played Hide & Seek on LittleBigPlanet 2, you know what I'm going for here. I won't reveal too many OOC events just because I know we don't want too many OOC events going on, but I hope to get the chance of running some really fun events, IN and OUT of character.

USER-ADMINISTRATIVE AGREEMENT
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, or neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters.
[ Lukir ]

USER PERMISSION CLAUSE
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [name here], have permission from [Senior GM+] to make my application, either via forum private message, steam, or in-game.
I also acknowledge that if I am lying about my permission, that I will be denied the right to apply for any Reborn staff position in the future.
[ Lukir ]

NOTE - Gamemasters are not administrative staff. Gamemasters should not use their powers for anything besides their events, unless instructed otherwise by an Admin+.

ALSO I just want to note, I'm sure people have noticed that I'm not much into roleplay, I wouldn't want that to affect whether or not you + or - my app. As I'm much more interested in helping players have a good time in the server, rather than me have a good time. My good times on this server has always started with events, and helping make builds/events so that the server runs better, and people enjoy the server more. I hope you enjoyed my essay of an application, and I look forward to having the chance to work with the current gamemasters, as they've done some great stuff so far. See you homies in game

Last edited:
0 Neutral

He knows how to use the props, and set things up properly. My only fear is, too many OOC events would be had between Anzati's mostly OOC events and Lukir's mostly being into ooc events as well.

Last edited: