Make the server skill based over grind based

Sagers

I have talked to my friends on the server and we all agree that its not fair to new players because they don't want to put the time in to grind so they leave (hense why reborn JvS is dying) so to make it simple set a base amount of skill points everyone gets so that way more players get attracted and the server could gain activity and new players wouldn't be drawn away and old players who may have lost level would come back

-1, Some people enjoy the grind and the level progression because its something to look forwards to, I don't think the issue is the levels I think its how new players are treated when I played on the server a couple of times how one sided the factions are just because very few people played Jedi, and the lack of people in general is what pushes new players away.

Sagers

-1, Some people enjoy the grind and the level progression because its something to look forwards to, I don't think the issue is the levels I think its how new players are treated when I played on the server a couple of times how one sided the factions are just because very few people played Jedi, and the lack of people in general is what pushes new players away.
I see where you are coming from and I agree totally but still Reborn has dropped in player activity and I think this change would bring in a raise of activity and more players would find interest in the server

I think a small part of what made the server boring was the skill trees making everything in the tree required to get to the top. I know in the one time I got on since the update to grind that I was disappointed I had to get a lot of skills I usually skip out on because they feel useless and you lose more damage (on force trees) than the skill feels worth. 3.0 had good skill trees but I think it was 3.5 or even a little later where most people enjoyed it because it was a mix where everything felt perfect in the sense that things felt more balanced and builds felt flexible and unique. Now if someone uses group heal and lightning strike I already know nearly all of their build and I could just copy it and get the exact speed, saber damage, and health as them without thinking about it too hard because that's most of their skillpoints gone and I know everything they had to spend to get to that point. In 3.5 I remember nobody ever being able to copy my build and even offering a few mill for it because they just couldn't figure out most of it because you could mix and match trees so much and you could ignore half the skills in a tree to get only what you need instead of every single skill.

My main point is that builds now feel cookie cutter and builds in 3.5 were more flexible and unique which made it more enjoyable.