My Opinion On The Class System.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myth

VIP
When I heard JvS was going to be revived, I got excited and was ready to hop back on the server and grind again. For the first 2 days I did just that, but there was one major issue I had with the new JvS. I was locked into a form all the time. Now before you reply "Oh the class system adds an RP element to the server" I completely agree. But Reborn at its core has been majorly influenced by PvP. I 100% agree that the class system is a good thing. Healers shouldnt be 1 tapping people and DPS shouldnt be able to heal like they did in past server versions. The class system provides balance to the server and forms RP groups between the classes. The problem I have is that forms are in there and not on a seperate tree. If I want to DPS I currently have to use a form that was selected for me, which may not fit my playstyle. Now you may be thinking "Then just switch classes" Well then I am being forced onto a class that doesnt fit my playstyle. For example if I want to use versatile, I am forced into the healing tree. Personally I have always hated healers, they just dont fit my playstyle. I generally tank or DPS. Then I switch class to fit my combat playstyle but something still isnt right, now I am forced into a form that doesnt fit me either. Its not that I dont know how to use those forms, they just are boring or I dont like how they play. I dislike backpeadaling or drawing out fights for a long time, but the all in stances are in another class.

In conclusion I think that adding the forms to a seperate tree but still keeping the class system adds some much needed freedom for players on the server while still keeping the RP and balance aspects of classes

Status
Not open for further replies.