Nerf Aggression or bump up requirements

It is way too commonly used and notice no one uses any other saber combat stance. With the tick rate still buggy; there is also a tick even when the animation for a heavy is finished. I believe that aggression lowers damage by 30-60 points OR bump up its requirements to 20 Agility. Considering it’s a “highly agile styled mixed with acrobatics” means that it requires more than just base 15 agility. I get that complaints on shock is so op or other stuff but aggression is absolutely ridiculous. It’s everyone’s go to stance and there is no point in saber dueling if that’s the ONLY stance everyone will be using. It needs to be nerfed

Geico

Owner
Website Developer
Developer
As someone who uses Aggression, Contention, AND Moderation, you're wrong. Aggression is so commonly used because it allows the user to wkey people without thinking. Any smart Contention user will immediately backpedal and light/heavy attack. Not only does that slow down the Aggression user but it also makes them think twice about wkeying. Aggression is not "overpowered" you just don't know how to go against it. Dueling is very buggy right now and the last thing they should be doing is nerfing a stance because of it. The meta is constantly changing and just two days ago the hit trace made aggression almost unusable. (fixed now slightly) I promise you, take some time to figure out how to play against Aggression users and you'll change your opinion. Also bumping requirement to 20 agility isn't a bad idea, however the acolytes won't be able to use it anymore.

As someone who uses Aggression, Contention, AND Moderation, you're wrong. Aggression is so commonly used because it allows the user to wkey people without thinking. Any smart Contention user will immediately backpedal and light/heavy attack. Not only does that slow down the Aggression user but it also makes them think twice about wkeying. Aggression is not "overpowered" you just don't know how to go against it. Dueling is very buggy right now and the last thing they should be doing is nerfing a stance because of it. The meta is constantly changing and just two days ago the hit trace made aggression almost unusable. (fixed now slightly) I promise you, take some time to figure out how to play against Aggression users and you'll change your opinion. Also bumping requirement to 20 agility isn't a bad idea, however the acolytes won't be able to use it anymore.
That can be easily fixed with amps.

Metro

Gamemaster
VIP
While it may be perceived as easy to learn it is extremely easy to counter. Multiple forms such as Contention, Moderation and Perseverance have great counters to this form. Doesn't need to be nerfed. The take that it is the only form used is just incorrect, Popular sure, but if you look at the upper echelons of duelists it isn't even the main choice.... (I mainly use Moderation, Contention and Perseverance. But able to use this form as well)

Last edited:

Arc

Agreed completely. As a contention and aggressive heavy user

Grimble

Yes but it also take’s less abilities from those whom you face with it that don’t use the stance not everyone likes being a skill,less bay blade

Grimble

While it may be perceived as easy to learn it is extremely easy to counter. Multiple forms such as Contention, Moderation and Perseverance have great counters to this form. Doesn't need to be nerfed. The take that it is the only form used is just incorrect, Popular sure, but if you look at the upper echelons of duelists it isn't even the main choice.... (I mainly use Moderation, Contention and Perseverance. But able to use this form as well)
You got too look at it as in the form is Fast swinging you get like 15 speed and that instantly just catch’s your opponents no matter what since back peddle is reduced speed compared to straight running I believe a slight speed debuff is all I would want from it or to normalize back peddle speed to run speed

You got too look at it as in the form is Fast swinging you get like 15 speed and that instantly just catch’s your opponents no matter what since back peddle is reduced speed compared to straight running I believe a slight speed debuff is all I would want from it or to normalize back peddle speed to run speed
No offense, but with the way you type, I genuinely have a hard time understanding the point you're trying to get across.

Are you saying that because the form has fast attacks & because you have to put points into Agility, which results in a speed buff, you can catch your opponent no matter what?