Steam Name - Chill/Night/Phoenix
Steam ID - STEAM_0:1:35676328
Ingame Name(s) and Ranks -
Server Playtime - 1 week and 4 days
Garry’s Mod Playtime - 5.5k
Warn Count - 0
Age - 23

ROLE SELECTION
Mark the role you are applying for with an X.

MERCENARY
[ ]
Requires VIP

FORCE USER
[]
Requires VIP

CITIZEN
[ ]
Requires VIP

HERO CHARACTER
[X] Vaylin
Requires VIP & Hero Character Package
QUESTIONNAIRE
Event Character roles require a good amount of knowledge of lore, server history, and current server events.
Answer these questions as best you can to demonstrate these attributes.
Minimum effort will not be tolerated.

What interests you most in the Star Wars universe?
The interest I have in the SWU is all the in-depth character development, even the one time appearance characters can end up with a mountain of lore. I also love the fact that everything connects in someway or in some form allowing for a complete story to be told, but yet at the same time allowing more threads to be creating and thus creating more stories to be told.
What is the name of your character, and what is their history?

Vaylin is the character I am applying for.

Vaylin's history is that of a sad one. Vaylin was born sometime around 3630 BBY, her parents were the Eternal Emperor Valkorion and her mother Senya Tirall. She is the youngest of their children. Unfortunately for Vaylin she was born with incredible force power which scared her father. Her power was so great she found it extremely hard to control and thus gave her cynical father the reason to imprison her on the planet Nathema in their sanitarium. During her involuntary stay at the sanitarium she was subjected to cruel punishments by the scientist appointed by her father. This experiments were the most extreme you could think of everywhere from watching people be dismembered by monsters/animals to being subject to physical torture as she was subject to these experiments she grew no empathy for others and only experienced rage and hatred particularly towards her mother who she blames for not releasing her from her prison.

After years of this her mother saw the horror her daughter had been through and attempted rescue her from her cell. Unfortunately for Senya, Vaylin's hatred already grew to it maximum potential and made no attempt to help her mother fight off multiple Zakuul guards, she even sided with the Emperor when he showed up to stop Senya from taking her away permanently. In the end she went back to her cell and remained there only being visited by her brother Thexan who brought her gifts from worlds he visited/conquered. It was years before she was released was released from Nathema and only then it was because her torturer ran out of ideas, in the end though she was left with a broken mind and a short temper. Unknowing to her though she was secretly and subconsciously trained to follow a certain phrase when spoken out loud.

What are your character’s main motivations, and how will you use that to drive your story?
Vaylin's main motivations are simple, until she starts to experience the world and war. The only thing she wants is to be out of the cell and sanitarium for as long as possible. This would be until she starts to grow an apatite like her brothers for more power and strength, so depending on the situation she would start to have thoughts of the "power of the Throne" or in the end she would help one of her brothers attempt to coup her father as she has different types of relationships with both of them, but in the end she would want to ascend the throne as well and defeat her brother(which ever one took the throne). Otherwise I would see where the storyline takes her and adapt accordingly as I believe that even with the best set plan everything can change with one decision. The last thing I would be motivated to do would be develop a more in-depth relationship with her family members especially her mother as I believe that even though her hatred for her mother is unmatched, she would come to learn and understand why she felt betrayed, and hopefully if allowed I would work on her mental state as I believe that when she starts to learn the truth and actually enjoy the world her mental state would start to go back to a normal state, though never fully regaining her sanity and never being able to break her fathers subconscious training. Would also like to state that her loyalty to her father is undying, but hunger for power would eventually become more if not even with her loyalty, so she will decided when that situation occurs.

LORE CHARACTER
What is your connection to this character?

I was introduced to the character like a majority of others by the SWTOR cinematics and DLC. I really enjoyed how she progressed in the campaign from being just another royal family member with a temper to ascending the throne! I was also a Horizon Guard/Honor Guard back on old reborn were I witnessed Princess Vaylin and all the other EE Family Members RP do amazing RP and hold a solid faction which drew me to them even more. I want to become apart of EE and make it just as fun and interesting as it was on Old Reborn! I also feel a connection to this character as she has the most to explore in terms of RP and character progression and I want to be apart of that. I deeply enjoy being apart of that type of RP. I also like her deceptiveness that she comes with, while it is not explicated said I believe that she appears to be more deceptiveness then she leads on has more going on in her head than she leads on!
What is your understanding of this character's origins and history?
She was born of Valkorion and his Elite Guard Senya. and ** See Character name and History for the rest**

How are you adapting your character to fit into the Reborn timeline?
I wouldn't change Vaylin's History very much, believing the fact there her story can fit really well into reborn lore as it is, the few things I would change is that of her temper tantrums. I believe that she is still prone to them, but she has more of a grip on her mental stats then she leads on. She believes that if she plays her part well she will be well rewarded by her father and getting her one step closer to her final goal. That would be the only thing I would change for Vaylin as of right now, of course as events happen within the server she can change and adapt like any other.
What makes you best suited to fill this role?
I will be dedicated to this character and make sure to spend the time and energy to create the RP that she will need to advance and for the EE to advance within the server. Lastly I understand Vaylin's character and her lore and I deeply want to make her apart of the server and I will continue to do in-depth lore diving as well as character development to make my roleplaying as her top-tier. Basically in-short and I can't stress this enough I will do everything in my power and time to be the best Vaylin possible. Also going to add this part in this section, If I do get Vaylin I would either use a voice changer or simply type in chat to keep the RP as lore friendly as possible.

This will be continued to be updated as I receive advise on how to make it better or just me making changes.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application

Last edited:
Update: Did small updates major ones gonna take longer review wanting to get this down. I also just wanna say I can try to put it down in words and try to explain how I would play her and and all that, but in reality the best your gonna see out of me is when I get on the JOB and actually do things!

Thats all

Last edited:

The Observer

Owner
Forum Manager
JvS Staff
After review and deliberations with the Royal Family, we decided that Shae is the best applicant for Vaylin. Your application was strong and competitive, and both had strong understandings of Vaylin's character motivations. However, it is our opinion that Shae is the better fit for the role.

Application DENIED.

Status
Not open for further replies.