Remove CC's (Improve the new players image of the server.)

Liam

I already know that this post will be shut down by every person who spent 40$ per CC over the years.

CC's are cool and can be an awesome addition to the server, but with the state of GMOD and the limitations with optimisation for the server they are a huge turn away for new players or experienced GMOD players.

From my experience in GMOD, if I join a server and I'm recommended to download a content pack with over 100 addons or huge file sizes I usually look for another server.

I may be wrong as this is just my opinion but if I wasn't aware of reborns history and whether I would enjoy the server I wouldn't stick around for very long if having to download so a huge file size.

Overall point is that I think the CC's cause such a backlog of addons and messes with the servers potential. Other ideas for customisation can be developed and provide similar profits and unique feels for the players.

Enjoy!

Myth

VIP
you know there could have probably been an ok discussion on this, but you put ready for the hate in the title. Now its just gonna be a shitshow. Anyways, seeing the content pack was 270ish addons made me not want to log on tbh.

Liam

you know there could have probably been an ok discussion on this, but you put ready for the hate in the title. Now its just gonna be a shitshow. Anyways, seeing the content pack was 270ish addons made me not want to log on tbh.

Fair point, ill update it and let it run it's course. I honestly think this could be a valid dicussion. Thanks.

Liam

@Liam give me 80$ and we have a deal
The money has been spent. While the server was dead, no major outcries of peoples missing 40$+ CC's occured. Vip's are still being awarded keep that in mind.

Although it may be seen as money lost. Would you prefer a small term activity due to a negative player count as new players are pushed away.
Or a more interesting and friendly server to new players that can sustain itself for a further amount of time.

Boomer

VIP
It’s a one time download just wait lol we spent money on ccs we won’t just throw it away thinking people would actually think this is a good idea is slim to none since 90% of the player base has boughten a cc more then one cc at that

Liam

It’s a one time download just wait lol we spent money on ccs we won’t just throw it away thinking people would actually think this is a good idea is slim to none since 90% of the player base has boughten a cc more then one cc at that
Right it's a one time download I agree.
However why would new players want to spend the time downloading a large addon folder when other servers exist with much smaller ones that wont take up space or take forever to download.
I don't hate CC's I just think that reborn has struggled to bring in new players and is a community built server.

As I was saying. People rarely complained about the fact that they would lose their entire investment when reborn died and everyone moved to FYU. Losing more to a dead (unrevived server).
Losing some to a update to keep the server running for the future to come. It seems worse but in reality it's much better this way.

Thanks for the feedback.

Liam

I will be responding to comments with my opinion on them.
Not to be offensive or rude, just to relay my thoughts.

All feedback is appreciated and helps this post grow ideas and community involvement.

Oil

VIP
i mean you could download the addon that makes all errors 1 model and have a main pack that you need and a CC Pack

clucky

I mean when I first joined the server, all the custom classes with the very epic models made me want to get a CC myself