Report on Mister Eros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cards

Your In-Game Name and Steam ID: Cards

Reporting Staff IG Name and Steam ID: Eros

Reason: Muting a player when the player did not break any rules. Then open admitted to not being obliged to enforce the rules, and then recommended if I took issue with his comments I should report him.

Proof(Highly recommended): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2407723759

Additional Info if there is any: He was also randomly adding passwords to TS channels that were not his own and claiming that they're not open to talking in. If you're confused so was I; once he was met with this reality he just left and didn't want to comment on locking players out of rooms. Seems a little abusive.

Toca

Well uh seems pretty clear to me, I mean the evidence is there.
Id like to hear Eros explain himself because damn thats not really how staff should behave.
For now its a +1 unless he has a good reason itll stay a +1

Ordis

+1, Seems pretty clear. He is staff, he enforces the rules but yet informs people that he is not obliged to. He was overly aggressive during the situation. Abusing powers in teamspeak, adding passwords to channels that weren't his.

Eros

Back When Reborn Was Good
VIP
Mace Knight Templar Ordis ➞ Jedi Knight 1793 HP 123 ARM weapon_lightsaber_personal vip: // Yeah fuck off, your sitting outside CC with your gun pointed at my face. Fuck off with your crybaby ass

Is considered player disrespect. As staff I am not required to give verbal warnings. Verbal warnings are given at staff preference. As staff I am only required to uphold the rules. If you would rather I just give people a warning through AWarn that can be arranged @Ordis

Cards

Mace Knight Templar Ordis ➞ Jedi Knight 1793 HP 123 ARM weapon_lightsaber_personal vip: // Yeah fuck off, your sitting outside CC with your gun pointed at my face. Fuck off with your crybaby ass

Is considered player disrespect. As staff I am not required to give verbal warnings. Verbal warnings are given at staff preference. As staff I am only required to uphold the rules. If you would rather I just give people a warning through AWarn that can be arranged @Ordis

Respond to the full post, not the sit, or lack thereof an actual sit or telling of why the player was even muted. Also when that player (Mars)((The"disrespected")) player was spamming chat and disrespecting other players you sat idly by and refused to punish him. The balance of justice must be evenly weighted.

Okeas

VIP

The problem with that is your setting a very bad precedent. It is good practice to give verbal warnings and I have never seen you give a punishment without a verbal warning. If you want my personal opinion. This punishment was given out of bias. He criticized the people you were directly working with and without any signs or warnings you gave out the punishment. There have been plenty worse things said in chat that you have read and haven't even given a punishment out to. I believe you were a good staff member and had good intentions in the beginning however I see your bias coming through. I think you need to re-evaluate your ideas of what actions are worthy of punishment. Today while you have been on I have seen people attacked for their personal character being called fags and whatnot. Someone telling someone else they are a cry baby is not nearly on the same level as what is usually said in ooc.
My analysis of the situation aka my TL: DR is that you are giving out punishments to appease those who you are working with trying to get more power within the sith faction. I have seen many people call each other gay and fags with no punishments but if someone is attacking your group calling them "crybabies" is not any where near worth a mute punishment. Sure it could've been worse but I see a very strong bias coming out of you in the pursuit of power.
+1

Cards

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2407772357
Hmm...

Loody

VIP
-3 It is pretty clear being on the server for multiple hours today Ordis brought this upon himself. Ordis continually died and came back and was attempting to be annoying pretty clearly. He is lucky he didn't get warned for being toxic off the bat. A 2 minute mute is not enough to constitute a staff report in any case.

Cards

-3 It is pretty clear being on the server for multiple hours today Ordis brought this upon himself. Ordis continually died and came back and was attempting to be annoying pretty clearly. He is lucky he didn't get warned for being toxic off the bat. A 2 minute mute is not enough to constitute a staff report in any case.
So coming to tat and dueling WHICH IS THE GOAL of the server is considered toxic. I find that quite funny. Let's also point out that he was never informed of his unmute because he did it silently for no clear reason. Still never hosted a sit and talked about it the man just threw out punishment and silently unmuted him which I'm figuring is to cover his own ass logs-wise since the guy thought he was still muted. in essence a shadow mute.

@Luna Good sir the straws were grasped, but I consider that disrespectful and targeted why is he not being held accountable? That too me is worse than being called a crybaby.

Eros

Back When Reborn Was Good
VIP
Respond to the full post, not the sit, or lack thereof an actual sit or telling of why the player was even muted. Also when that player (Mars)((The"disrespected")) player was spamming chat and disrespecting other players you sat idly by and refused to punish him. The balance of justice must be evenly weighted.
Muting a player when the player did not break any rules
I responded to what I was reported for.
I'm not sure how an RP behavior is related to a staff report.
The problem with that is your setting a very bad precedent. It is good practice to give verbal warnings and I have never seen you give a punishment without a verbal warning. If you want my personal opinion. This punishment was given out of bias. He criticized the people you were directly working with and without any signs or warnings you gave out the punishment. There have been plenty worse things said in chat that you have read and haven't even given a punishment out to. I believe you were a good staff member and had good intentions in the beginning however I see your bias coming through. I think you need to re-evaluate your ideas of what actions are worthy of punishment. Today while you have been on I have seen people attacked for their personal character being called fags and whatnot. Someone telling someone else they are a cry baby is not nearly on the same level as what is usually said in ooc.
My analysis of the situation aka my TL: DR is that you are giving out punishments to appease those who you are working with trying to get more power within the sith faction. I have seen many people call each other gay and fags with no punishments but if someone is attacking your group calling them "crybabies" is not any where near worth a mute punishment. Sure it could've been worse but I see a very strong bias coming out of you in the pursuit of power.
+1
I'm not sure how bias has anything to do with it. I got a staff ticket, someone was being toxic in OOC. I saw his message and muted him. I was going to deal with it in a couple minutes after I finished my current sit with Baby Yoda for his missing hyperball. I decided just to unmute him after 2 minutes and 22 seconds (I checked logs to be exactly sure). I don't care who you are, I'll mute/warn/ban you for whatever rules you break. If I had wanted to give him a permanent punishment I would have actually warned him. A temporary mute has just as much consequence as a verbal warning. I honestly had no clue who the hell he was talking to, nor did it really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.