ROMAN's Gamemaster Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam name: LordROMAN™ <TF121>

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:59792994

Ingame name(s): Prince ROMAN, SS Jedi Master ROMAN, DHGT EB Lord ROMAN, Shock MSGT ROMAN, Chieftain Vode Saxon

Current play time: Closing in on 7 months now

Time in Garry’s Mod: 6805 Hours

Amount of warns: 0

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience: I wasn't exactly a Gamemaster on these servers, but I retained the staff rank needed to be able to host events, an equivalent rank to this server would be SA. I fell in love with a type of event that is similar to this server as a raid, but in that server it was known as a simulation. I would create these “simulations” by using 8x8 plates, and the material tool to create a terrain needed to fit the rp atmosphere of the event. From there I would fill up the area with props, eventually spawn NPCs in, and finally start the event.

Server(s): REDACTED Networks (Staff Manager), Exhibition CWRP (Senior Supervisor)

Time as position: Roughly about a year and a half each.
(Check off the answer you choose with a “x”.)

Would you consider yourself an good builder?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: I have been playing Garry’s Mod for about 6 years now, I know everything there is to know about Garry's Mod construction, NPC control, and general tool gun use.

Are you able to create a cohesive story?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Experience with the creation of storylines, and knowledge of star wars lore: I have watched all of the following Star Wars movies: Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace, Star Wars Episode II - Attack of The Clones, Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of The Sith, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope, Star Wars Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars Episode VI - Return of The Jedi, Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens, Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and Solo: A Star Wars Story. I have also watched all of the following Star Wars shows: All 6 Seasons of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. All 4 Seasons of Star Wars: Rebels. I've played through SWTOR, and have a love for the lore and game mechanics behind it, and cant wait for more content to come out for it. I also constantly watch Star Wars lore videos, and game play on YouTube if I have any sort of free time. I also have read many books about Star Wars, and the Star Wars Universe in the past.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

If so how many times?
I cannot give an exact number but I have definitely helped with 5+ events.

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

As a game master what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create story, etc.): As a Gamemaster I desire to create large scale raids, and fun “campaign” events for the players of Reborn Gaming to enjoy. I would create events for when fellow Gamemaster’s either refuse, or do not want to host events, but when the player base wants an event. In my personal opinion, Gamemasters are going through a rough time right now. I want to bring back the gold ole days of having a fun and constant stream of events for the player base to enjoy. During the creation / building of events I will focus heavily on Star Wars architecture styles, depending on the area of the galaxy that this event is suppose to take place in. I will also focus heavily on the lore side, to ensure that the events are realistic for the Star Wars universe.

Plan an event (story based or building based):

Prologue

A rogue Mandalorian clan that goes by the name of, "The New Dawn" has taken over the planet of Mandalore and has captured the the governor of the planet. The citizens of Mandalore need your help to rescue the planetary governor, and liberate the planet.

Part I

The rogue Mandalorian clan has activated the planetary defense system, which contains an orbital cannon, preventing any landing ships from reaching the surface. Players must go to Kashyyyk and find a Wookie pilot who is one of the best in the galaxy. Only he will be able to land you on the surface. Players must also go to Tatooine and find a Bith who will be able to hack into the planetary defense system, and temporarily disable it allowing the Wookie pilot to slip through the atmosphere. But this Bith is being held prisoner by a local spice cartel. Players must locate and free the Bith. Players will split into 2 teams to complete this task.

Part II

Players will begin the assault on the planet of Mandalore. Players must locate the heavily armored and protected orbital cannons. These cannons must be destroyed in order for the main force to land safely. Mandalorion super commandos have been assigned to guard these sentries. It will be a tough fight for the players, but they must be eliminated before being able to destroy the cannon. The enemy Mandalorions may use some artillery to attempt to halt the invasion, but only speed will be able to match the might of the incoming artillery fire.

Part III

After destroying the orbital cannons players must make there way to the palace. Battling Mandalorian troopers along the way who will attempt to stop them. Once they reach the palace they must force entry into the palace, and proceed to the throne room. Once at the throne room The New Dawn clan chieftain will appear and attempt to negotiate the terms of surrender. He is a tricky one and will attempt to persuade the players to fight for him, in exchange for riches and power, which he himself does not possess. Players must eliminate the threat immediately.

Part IV

(Hostile Mandalorian clan fleet warps from out of hyperspace right above the planet.) Players must return to the shuttle within 1 minute in order to survive. The Wookie pilot will bring the players to the main friendly ship and players will unload. A friendly boarding ship will be presented to the players and they will attempt to destroy the enemy fleet. Anti-Aircraft fire will be heavy from the enemy's capital ship, but it has a weakness. The bridge is not well protected, in terms of armament, armor, and shields. It will be the only point of attack, they must land in the main hangar bay and secure the area. Once the hangar bay is secure they must make there way to the bridge. Security systems will attempt to stop the players, but eventually they will reach the bridge. When they are inside the bridge they must kill the Mandalorian Admiral and his personal guards. Players have 1 minute to reach the boarding craft and leave the ship, or they will die.

Epilogue

The players have saved Mandalore!

Last edited:
User Administrative Agreement

By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:

- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[ ]

User Permission Clause

By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [name here], have permission from [Senior GM+] to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.

[ ] perms.png
Player Interview

Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated): You should support me because, I am a very active player on the server. I average at around 90 hours every 2 weeks, 45 hours per week, and 8 hours per day. I am available almost 24/7 unless a real life issue occurs, and anybody can come to me for anything. I have been playing GMod for the last 6 years, and have a current total of 6805 hours of play time. If I am accepted I will be able to host fun events, but also heavy roleplay orientated events so that everybody can enjoy a little bit of something! During school days I am able to easily put down 4 hours into the server, enough time to host 1 or 2 events, while also focusing on faction duties. But on weekends, I can put in 10 - 12 hours, enough for a large scale raid, or a couple of normal events. I have some more ideas for fun events, besides from the one I listed above, and I hope that you support me so that I am able to share them with you.

Last edited:
+1, Just press enter about 5 times after each thing and it should look good, staffed with Roman before and is good at RP and stuff so give him a chance

+2
As Arata stated above Roman is good at RP from what I have seen, he is active, mature, I would say he should definitely get the chance to join the Gamemaster team.

Oat man

I feel like half of you app is empty space and filler
PS
can you fix this
" By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [name here], have permission from [Senior GM+] to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game)."

Last edited:

Vethar

VIP
Hmmm...
+1
You can be hot headed at some times and you get mad easy. But who doesn’t?
I have known you for awhile and you are pretty chill and understanding.
You have talked about this for awhile I thought you were joking but you finally applied lol.
Best of luck to you!
I believe you hold promise so hopefully you get accepted :)

Estrella

I feel like Roman could be more staff than Gamemaster because he has a more fair judgement than most people and won’t break rules to satisfy his friends or himself. My problem is that he rushed his application but I don’t mind because he put a lot of fucking effort into his event portion and it turned out great so I don’t mind. Overall my verdict would be +1

Thrukan

Roman,

While reviewing your application I will be looking for specific things that catch my eye and other factors that will contribute to my +2 or -2. I will not however be conducting my +2 or -2 based on if you are a chill person. That is not how the application process works, I will be evaluating you by skill and facts. Now lets get into this application. One of the first major things I see is your multiple lives in a leadership position, If you have multiple lives in a leadership position this shows me 2 things.
1) You are an effective leader and is responsible, a role model and is dedicated to the server.
2) You have these high ranking positions but you may have to sacrifice time due to being a gamemaster, Your responsibility will be entertaining the community rather then focusing on your own RP.
The next major thing I noticed is when you said the following.
Quote 1 : "I wasn't exactly a Gamemaster on these servers"
Quote 2 : "by using 8x8 plates, and the material tool to create a terrain needed to fit the rp atmosphere of the event. From there I would fill up the area with props, eventually spawn NPCs in, and finally start the event."

These quotes show me that you are not very experienced with being a game master on other servers which is fine. The reason it is fine is because of your excellent knowledge of star wars lore as you stated in your application as well as your game time and previous staff ranks, As I see you being better in the staff position you are your own person and you choose your path and so far I see that you would do a good job in this position, Everyone starts somewhere so obviously you will be starting with very knowledge on creating events but you will get better and better and I have full confidence in you becoming a very good gamemaster.

You created this application with confidence and honesty, Which is appreciated. You have proven to me that you have a vast knowledge of star wars lore which is required for such position. You have showed me your leadership experiences and how you can conduct these tasks as a leader and lead the way through the event as the game master. Your story was very well put together and I enjoyed reading it.

With saying this I declare that I +2 your application.

Best of luck,

~ Moderator Thrukan

sPIDEY

VIP
Roman,

While reviewing your application I will be looking for specific things that catch my eye and other factors that will contribute to my +2 or -2. I will not however be conducting my +2 or -2 based on if you are a chill person. That is not how the application process works, I will be evaluating you by skill and facts. Now lets get into this application. One of the first major things I see is your multiple lives in a leadership position, If you have multiple lives in a leadership position this shows me 2 things.
1) You are an effective leader and is responsible, a role model and is dedicated to the server.
2) You have these high ranking positions but you may have to sacrifice time due to being a gamemaster, Your responsibility will be entertaining the community rather then focusing on your own RP.
The next major thing I noticed is when you said the following.
Quote 1 : "I wasn't exactly a Gamemaster on these servers"
Quote 2 : "by using 8x8 plates, and the material tool to create a terrain needed to fit the rp atmosphere of the event. From there I would fill up the area with props, eventually spawn NPCs in, and finally start the event."

These quotes show me that you are not very experienced with being a game master on other servers which is fine. The reason it is fine is because of your excellent knowledge of star wars lore as you stated in your application as well as your game time and previous staff ranks, As I see you being better in the staff position you are your own person and you choose your path and so far I see that you would do a good job in this position, Everyone starts somewhere so obviously you will be starting with very knowledge on creating events but you will get better and better and I have full confidence in you becoming a very good gamemaster.

You created this application with confidence and honesty, Which is appreciated. You have proven to me that you have a vast knowledge of star wars lore which is required for such position. You have showed me your leadership experiences and how you can conduct these tasks as a leader and lead the way through the event as the game master. Your story was very well put together and I enjoyed reading it.

With saying this I declare that I +2 your application.

Best of luck,

~ Moderator Thrukan
Bit over the top don’t you think

IROCONIAN

I feel like half of you app is empty space and filler
PS
can you fix this
" By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [name here], have permission from [Senior GM+] to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game)."
you must register
+3 Prince ROMAN is cool
could have been bros
Justice!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.