ScaryLions Opinion

ScaryLions Opinion

Introduction

Afternoon everyone. With all the stuff going on Its been getting me quite annoyed, to say the least. I’ve been here since early 3.0 which to many might not seem like that long but to me its been an amazing year of my life. For the more than a year I’ve been on the server I have staffed on it for about 8 months. I took a break in between due to some mental health issues but when I came back the server was in a different state. I love this community and like many others, I want the best for it, that's why I'm so upset with the recent events that have been unfolding.

The Community

The community on Reborn has changed drastically. When I first joined, people were welcoming, people took rp seriously and families meant something. There was a sense of community, people made friends here, now people are making enemies. The community overall has changed from a welcoming place to one that discourages people. There is constant toxicity from both the players and the staff and in my opinion, it starts from the top down. We need to work on creating an environment like we did before and putting up a server message asking us to return to like how it was in 2.0 won't do that. A lot of the stuff that has happened I feel cant be undone, but we can move forward. We can't expect to move forward as “Shepard gang” or “Moxxis gang” or “Dwaynes squad” but as a community.

The Staff Team

Like I stated earlier, in total I have been staffing on the server for about 8 months. I saw and witnessed the staff team change from something people were proud to be on to a burden. I love the staff team, I love the people on it, even some of the more annoying ones. But we are a family, we talk and communicate and we want the best for the server. The problem is though, there is no drive to do better or improve. Staff AFK to get hours and some just dont play as much as they use to. It’s sad to see, but I understand why, I believe Loody said it best during the community meeting when he said something along the lines of. “It's hard to quit when you’ve sunken so much time into the server, we want it to do better but there isn't a drive to.” Again not the exact quote but at least that's what I remember/took from it. I believe the staff we have now are great, but we need to address a bigger issues that affect us and that's lack of motivation.

The SA Team

The SA team has been one of the strongest groups on the server. From the 2 weeks, I’ve been HA and the year I’ve been on the server, I’ve seen them have each others back. But more recently the SA team has been under fire by both other staff and some players due to activity and some other issues. I can see where people are concerned, especially staff when they see some SA’s with 20ish or so hours on the server in the past 2 weeks. But to be honest, it's hard, it's hard to do the same thing for about two years and keep up with it. And I think that trickles down to the bigger issues again, lack of motivation. The server has changed so much and the SAs have had to change with it, and that gets exhausting. I’ve also witnessed a lot of arguing between the SAs and to say it bluntly, Shepard. I see and as many others have heard about just constant arguing between the two. Now I've been HA for only 2 weeks, and I'm blessed to have the position but I still got a lot to learn, but to me, this doesn't seem productive. The SAs and Shepard talk but they dont listen, whether its because they think what the other has to say is stupid or they dont care but they dont listen. It's sad, I believe some things have been done that can't be undone but we can move forward. Again, not as “Shepard” and the “SA Team” but as Reborn.

Dwayne's Demotion

I woke up today with multiple messages from people saying “Dwayne was demoted” and “This is stupid” or “About time.” The final straw I believe was that staff meeting on Saturday where Dwayne got banned. Caitlyn banned Anzati for spamming, Dwayne commented on it then Shepard responded and banned Dwayne. The whole situation was stupid. What else would happen when Anzati, Dwayne, Caitlyn, and Shepard are all in the same room? Now I’ve talked to Dwayne a bit and has been an awesome person to me, someone who helped me through the rough times after I left Reborn and when I came back. I'm a bit bias in regards to the situation I know but I feel as if the demotion was on unfair grounds. I understand there have been many past issues with Dwayne and Shepard but I believe that after what happened last night it was unfair. I think when Dwayne was in trouble after that staff abuse situation it was fair because he did break a rule and abuse his powers. But this is different, this isn't a server issue, this is a Dwayne and Shepard issue I believe. There is obviously some issues between the two that never got resolved and this happened. I know it may not be my place to say all of this, I dont know all the talks that happened but this is just what I’ve seen/felt.

Shepard

My earliest memory of Shepard was him dragging me into a sit because I raided Tython when there was like 7 Jedi on and 31 Sith. Shepard is someone who cares for the community and wants the best for it, no doubt about that. But I'm concerned, I'm concerned for Shepard and the community. I love Shep, not in a pedo way but in a he is just a chill guy. But recent events, in all honesty, have gotten me a bit frustrated with Shep. There is no doubt in my mind the Shep wants the best for the community, but I feel as if how hes been going about it is wrong. For example, changing some of the rules when transferred over to Google doc and not telling us which ones changed frustrated me. Not allowing the SAs who play on the server to change the rules in ways that make sense like with BH. Not permitting them to change rules or do anything really without involving him. Shepard is an amazing server owner, and I'm grateful to be an HA on his team but how he's been doing things dont work. You have put up a wall and you keep people out. People like me and Faeire or Miles want the best for you and we are here to help you. But you do gotta listen, and you should hear what we have to say. We want the best for you and the community and it makes us sad when you dont.

Caitlyn

I have personally not had a single ill experience with her if anything she has been helpful to me. But I believe shes driving a wedge into the community, which is not her own personal fault but the result of a bigger issue. I believe that bigger Issue is a lack of trust between Shepard and the SAs. Caitlyn has done some things that in my opinion are disgusting, Ex. saying certain things about players and devs like Whiskey and so on. And the whole situation with her exposing Atlas who told Shepard something in private. There is many more situation but not all I need to go into. I'm glad Shepard is happy with her and their togther but she shouldn't have had the powers she had to begin with. Her privileges are gone now but after what? Players left the server, a SA getting demoted multiple times and so much frustration? I believe it's a little too late. Again, not all the situations Reborn faces at the moment should be pinned on her, that's entirely unfair and untrue, I believe she did have some part in creating the frustration many of us feel now.

Closing Remarks

I love this community, I’ve gone through horrible times and the best of times while on this server. This post is not to attack anyone, and I dont want anyone to feel attacked. I want to put out my general opinion and hopefully get this server back on track. At the rate of which things are going, I dont know how much longer we have left, but I want to make it count. So please, for me, dont let this post get toxic. I wish everyone could just get along but we can't and I get that. But we can rebuild, I believe in us, I believe in Reborn Gaming.

Luna

VIP
The Community

The community on Reborn has changed drastically. When I first joined, people were welcoming, people took rp seriously and families meant something. There was a sense of community, people made friends here, now people are making enemies. The community overall has changed from a welcoming place to one that discourages people. There is constant toxicity from both the players and the staff and in my opinion, it starts from the top down. We need to work on creating an environment like we did before and putting up a server message asking us to return to like how it was in 2.0 won't do that. A lot of the stuff that has happened I feel cant be undone, but we can move forward. We can't expect to move forward as “Shepard gang” or “Moxxis gang” or “Dwaynes squad” but as a community.

That is 100% true

Honestly Scary I really do agree with a lot of the points you have made. Thing's really do need to change and I hope you're the one to really start enforcing that change. You have been given a high rank within this community and you could really do something with it. I hope you make the right decisions and do what is best for Reborn.

Estrella

Honestly Scary I really do agree with a lot of the points you have made. Thing's really do need to change and I hope you're the one to really start enforcing that change. You have been given a high rank within this community and you could really do something with it. I hope you make the right decisions and do what is best for Reborn.
1557678602911.png
jk but you are also absolutely right #ScaryisAwesome

Xar

VIP
Scary tbh your opinion comes out in a serious, but also friendly way. This is so well and nicely written