Silas's GM Transfer App

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Silas

Game Master Application

Steam name: Silas
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:43231671
Ingame name(s): Grandmaster Silas | Grey Peacekeeper Silas | Lord Silas | Exiled Silas
Current playtime: 6 months
Time in Garry’s Mod: 3321 Hrs
Amount of warns: 0

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience: I've helped out GameMasters with their events, whether building them, Running them, or RPing in them
Server(s): Reborn Gaming
Time as position: 20 hours? I don't know exactly how long I've helped out with each event.

(Check off the answer you choose with an “x”.)

Would you consider yourself a good builder?
[x] yes
[ ] no

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: Loads of hours in Sandbox servers, DarkRP Servers, and other building communities. Not too much with NPC control but I understand the concept.

Are you able to create a cohesive story?
[x] yes
[ ] no

Experience with the creation of storylines, and knowledge of star wars lore: I have lots of experience in different creations of stories or RP. I have written short stories about random stuff whenever I get bored. I know a lot of certain aspects of the Lore in star wars. Mainly EE Lore, but I know enough about Jedi and Sith lore to get by. I have watched all of the movies and the whole Animated clone wars show. I wouldn't call myself an expert but I do enjoy the in-depth detail in which the creators of the universe delved into.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[x] yes
[ ] no
If so how many times?
[20+]

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[x] yes
[ ] no

As a game master, what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create a story, etc.): My desires as GM are to bring fun and engaging events to a more broad selection of the player base. I don't like doing random events where its just everyone whether they are Sith, Jedi, or EE all fighting some unnamed enemies just for rolls. I enjoy making RP based stories in which the decisions you make will change the outcome of the event. Where the Jedi and the Sith actually act as their factions instead of just randomly getting along to kill bucket loads of NPCs. I like working with the player base and what they give me to make an event. Changing it dependant on how many of each faction come and what they do.

Plan an event (story based or building based): The event begins in the calling of all Jedi and Sith who wish to partake to an area on their home planets. (Dueling arena for Jedi and Back of Temple for Sith) They will then be blocked off so that no other can jump in in the middle of it.
There they will be briefed on what the mission they will be sent on will be about. Depending on the faction they will be told different variations on what they are doing and why. For the Jedi, they will be told that they must obtain an object of terrible power so that the SIth do not get their hands on it. If they are the ones who complete the Event they will then have to find a way to destroy the object. The Sth will be told that they must capture an object in which could devastate the Jedi order if they get it. If they are the ones to complete the Event then they will need to find a way to unlock it (The completion of the event will trigger the second event in the near future for the Faction that wins) Both Factions must fight through enemies and the opposing faction to reach the object, and they must return it to their home planet. To enter the event they will take their seats on built aircraft that will then be flown into the area of engagement. From there they will disembark and start their journey through doors and enemies and obstacles to reach their objective. All the while they are throwing out traps to slow down the opposing faction. Multiple GMs would be needed for this event but it would be a much more RP and story-based event than I have seen in some time.

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of the requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[x]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [Silas], have permission from [Tater] to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.
[x]

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - the minimum effort will not be tolerated): I have already done a lot of work in assisting other GMs with their events in my role as a Moderator. My time as an administrative staff has gotten a bit dull in recent times and I wish to talk and have fun with my fellow players. I have tons of experience with building and making people happy on multiple different games and servers on gmod. I love working with the players and getting their input to make what I do much better. The GM team recently has slowly been doing less and less events and I want to try and pick it up again. The GMs are what change what happens on the server to make stuff different for those who are older players and are getting bored of the normal daily stuff. Im a very nice guy and work well with others, and I want to be able to work with the Players to make the entire server a more enjoyable place. I already try and do small events for the Jedi when I can (tournaments and other fun activities) But I wish to expand that to the entire server with more range to create what the players want.

Last edited by a moderator:
+3 His App has a great idea Event wise and would love to see it in action. As well he is an integral part of the staff team and has assisted me in multiple events. I think he would be more than qualified for the job both from what Im seeing in this App as well as general event running experiences I have had with him. Best of luck on your application Silas!

Edit: Changed my +

Last edited:
V

Vantas

+1 i would have given you a neutral because of activity recently but i still feel like you could be a great gm

S

Silas

For those who wish to know what my activity is like, I did start a job recently so I cannot be on the server 10 hours a day on the weekdays, but my current schedule leaves me to spend 3 1/2 hours on the server on 3-4 days of the week, and 8-12 hours 2-3 days of the week. Currently, I only have 65 hours in the last two weeks because I had to go on a very short LOA while adjusting to my schedule. If anyone has any questions they can add me on steam or contact me in the server
https://steamcommunity.com/id/123153157/

Status
Not open for further replies.