Silo's Gamemaster Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefaultSilo

Steam name: Default
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:92250858
Ingame name(s): BA Lord Silo Trioblaid, FKR Padawan Jilo Jrioblaid, Champion Eilo Eiroblaid.
Current play time: A few months, There was a good time where I was inactive, But I am back and active again.
Time in Garry’s Mod: 1,328 Hours
Amount of warns: 0

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience: I am a Former T-GM on Reborn, I made several events, and most of them were well received, My resignation was due to a loss of interest in the game as a whole as well as a mixture of other personal issues.
Server(s): Reborn
Time as position: A couple of months

(Check off the answer you choose with a “x”.)

Would you consider yourself an good builder?
[x] yes
[ ] no

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: (if none leave blank)
I am an Ex T-GM, and due to that I took time to get the hang of the NPC Control and GMOD Construction tools, So that my events would be high quality and fun for the players involved.
Are you able to create a cohesive story?
[x] yes
[ ] no

Experience with the creation of storylines, and knowledge of star wars lore: I have been doing roleplay for 7 years now, Not just on Reborn, I in general have a personal love for story creation, and I am confident in my abilities to write a fun and easy to pick up storyline, However I have not watched Star-Wars in a long time, So some of my knowledge on Star-Wars lore may be clouded.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[x] yes
[ ] no
If so how many times?
[Around 10-15]

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[x] yes
[ ] no

As a game master what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create story, etc.): I wish to reinvigorate the server's love for RP events as well as create small and fun events for players during times such as DT or in general when there is a low player count. Personally I believe that Events have been slowing down considerably, and lack the presence they had in the past, So I want to bring the frequent events back, while also reinforcing the currently damaged Reborn economy in the form of Roll Rewards.

Plan an event (story based or building based): An underground Gambling Ring ran by unsavory citizens of Tatooine has been opened in the now abandoned Jabba's Palace, The Jedi catch wind of this Gambling Ring after a Jedi Master of theirs was kidnapped by their leader, Geno. Geno has plans to sell the Jedi Master to the Sith in exchange for a large cash sum, which is to be used to extend their grasp across Tatooine. The Jedi are tasked with rescuing their lost Master from the Gamblers and the Sith during their exchange, Before the Jedi are able to infiltrate the Palace, they are contacted by the local Law Enforcement of Tatooine, the officers in question offer their assistance in exchange for the Jedi completely destroying the gambling ring so that Tatooine can remain safe-ish. The Palace will be heavily guarded with several experienced saber users at the doors, as well as specialized troopers on the nearby hills, Ready to defend against incoming Jedi. This will be a one life event, Whichever side wins will be rewarded rolls.

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[x]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, Silo, have permission from Shepard to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.
[x]

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated): Personally I believe that I bring a large amount of experience to the table, While a lot of my experience may be reinforced by years of Text-Based Roleplay, I still think it applies here, As I have spent a lot of time learning how to write likable and dis-likable characters as well as coherent and understandable storylines. This experience will allow me to write more advanced events that create more lasting impacts on the players. This of course segways into my next point, Which is that I personally think that events should have time and effort put behind them, to create an experience that could pass as a side story in the Star-Wars lore, Rather than a majority of my events being quick one off fun things like say Sarlac Jousting, However this does not mean that I will not host fun quick events like CTF, Arena, and Sarlac Jousting, I just wont make them my priority, They will rather be used as fun things hosted in-between my events, as RP events take time. In the end I think that I am more qualified than other players because of my considerable amount of experience in the RP environment paired with my experience as an Ex T-GM.

Neutral ive seen game masters abuse there powers idk how i feel about someone with 10-15 warns with that power so can you elaborate on how recent those warns are

Thrukan

+1

Seems like a creative person according to Silo's application, I am not going to +1 because we need more GM's, I am +1ing because you seem to have the knowledge, creativity, and passion to make events great again.

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.