Simvoid/Trex's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simvoid

Player Information
Your name:
Trex
Your steamID: STEAM_0:1:75499936
Your current rank: Bronze VIP, Knight, Scholar (Consular), Spear (Vanguard), PVT Medic (IT)
Amount of Warns: 0

Player's Server Information
Rank you are applying for:
Trial Moderator
Total time with the community (months): 2+ years (24+ months)
Current level within the server: Level 100

Administration Availability
What time during weekdays are you available (a.m. - p.m.):
4pm - 12pm (BST/GMT+1) (Excluding lock down)
What time during weekends are you available (a.m. - p.m.): 8am - 12pm (BST/GMT+1) (Excluding lock down)

Previous Administrative Experience
Server(s):
Reborn Gaming (JvS), Paradox Networks (DarkRP), Magellaniant RP (SWRP)
Position(s): Trial Mod, Community Manager, Head Admin
Time as position(s): ~2 weeks, ~1 year, ~7 months
Brief overview of the position(s):
Trial Mod - I dealt with basic reports, helped solve disputes and did my best to support users of the server with any problems they had.
Community Manager - In charge of day to day server operations, managing staff, creating forums & Discord, advertising etc. Also supported other staff members with reports, any issues they had and training.
Head Admin - In charge of managing and supervising staff (demotions, promotions, training, etc), dealt with reports, staff applications and hosted events for the community to engage in.
Leave blank or put N/A if you have no previous administrative experience.

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on staff
[
X]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [
Simvoid/Trex], have permission from [moxxi] to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any staff position in the future.
[
X]

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated):

My experience as a staff member:
I have only listed three staff positions in the "Previous Administrative Experience" field, however two of those fields were very high positions, which I believe shows that I won't just quit as soon as I get staff. I will stay with this community and do my best until I am in a position where I can make a difference and help this community. Another position I mentioned was just a trial moderator position (on this server), which I resigned after ~2 weeks. This was due to real life issues which are long gone now, as I held that position over two years ago. Due to my previous management positions I am very knowledgeable about ULX, which I believe makes me a good choice for a staff position. My previous experience would help me make decisions when moderating, however if I am not 100% sure about something I will always ask for support from other staff members. I'm not the type of person to try and do everything on my own because I'm afraid of asking for help and I know when I need support. I've also been staff, and management, on many other communities outwith Garry's Mod. This gives me more experience with a variety of communities, which I can incorporate when moderating on Garry's Mod.

My experience with Garry's Mod and Reborn:
I have been playing Garry's Mod since 2015 and have racked up over 2,000 hours, so I know a fair bit about the game and common problems people may face. Since I joined Garry's Mod I've been playing Dark RP, Star Wars RP and Jedi vs Sith. I used to play Star Wars RP a lot and even became commander of a regiment, as well as fleet (ranging from Ensign to even Grand Admiral). I feel like this experience commanding a regiment and as fleet within Star Wars RP can closely relate to Reborn Gaming and support me as a moderator. I first joined Reborn Gaming Jedi vs Sith around 2018. It was in that year that I also became staff on Reborn Gaming, although my time as staff was limited due to me resigning (for real life issues) I did have fun helping out others and I want to do that again, especially now that the server is not as popular as it used to be and needs more staff.

I can be very active:
I am very active within the server, however I am in British timezone (GMT+1), so server peak is quite late for me. This means I can't be as active as others during peak server times, however this could also be a benefit as it means that I can get on the server really early for whitelisting or other moderator needs, which will take some of the burden off of other staff members later in the day when the server starts getting busy. I know what it is like to be an initiate and being told there is no staff online after training, it's very boring and can even cause some people to leave. I want to be there when that happens and whitelist to prevent people getting bored or leaving, therefore making the community more enjoyable for everyone.

I am open to change, responsible, mature and non bias:
I would take any advice given to me by other staff or server members and use that as criticism and incorporate those suggestions when moderating, in order to make myself more professional and overall just a better staff member. I currently have 16 pets, which I believe shows that I can be very responsible and mature. I am also never bias when moderating; in my previous management positions I've had to deal with tough situations, like demoting or punishing staff who I had a real bond with. However, it would be extremely unfair for friends not to receive the same punishment for breaking rules as everyone else would, and I am a strong believer of everyone being treated fairly and universally.

In conclusion:
Rule breakers can ruin role play and fun, I want to be there to prevent that and ensure that everyone in this community has a great time here on Reborn Gaming. The main reason that I have applied for staff is because the server is lacking staff (especially in my timezone) and I believe that I can help fill that position and make Reborn Gaming the great community I remember from 2018.

Thanks for reading my application,
Simvoid/Trex.

Last edited:

Nabe

It is what it is
Founder
I'm curious as to how popular those servers were you were apart of, how big the steam group got, the teamspeak, or the discord. Were you friends with the owners prior to becoming a part of their community?

Simvoid

I'm curious as to how popular those servers were you were apart of, how big the steam group got, the teamspeak, or the discord. Were you friends with the owners prior to becoming a part of their community?
I'm not sure about steam group as I've left them all. Paradox Networks had around 100 members on the Discord before I left, Magellaniant had around the same, possibly more. As you can see the servers weren't particularly popular, but in my opinion moderation is pretty universal except for rules etc. Also, smaller servers tend to get more trolls/hackers as they believe they can get away with it and we also received staff with less experience meaning there was more training to do than popular servers might have. I was not friends with any of the server owners prior to joining any of the communities.

Nabe

It is what it is
Founder
I appreciate the quick reply. Smaller servers do get preyed upon by trolls, true, but not in the same volume as bigger servers. I can't count how many players joined Reborn that were just looking to minge. But, you do have experience with staffing and you seemed to get there through your own hard work. But, why were you only moderator on Reborn for 2 weeks?

Last edited:

Simvoid

I appreciate the quick reply. Smaller servers do get preyed upon by trolls, true, but not in the same volume as bigger servers. I can't count how many players joined Reborn that were just looking to minge. But, you do have experience with staffing and you seed to get there through your own hard work. But, why were you only moderator on Reborn for 2 weeks?
I left Reborn around 2 weeks after becoming trial moderator because of real life issues that I didn't predict would happen when I posted my application.

Nabe

It is what it is
Founder
Oof, I feel for you my friend. Why'd you leave the other communities that you were staff on?

Simvoid

Oof, I feel for you my friend. Why'd you leave the other communities that you were staff on?
I left Paradox Networks because I was basically holding the community together with the staff manager and the owner gave his 12 year old brother co owner, which I heavily advised against, along with other staff members, however the owner continued to allow his brother to co own the community. His brother was abusive and had no idea what he was doing, which was causing our veterans, donators and new players to leave or get upset. The owner also made quite a few other horrible decisions, which led me to leave, like giving a backdoor hacker staff (he joined the server to abuse backdoors, so owner decided to give him staff so he can stop other hackers). I left Magellaniant RP because a lot of the owner and co owner's friends were being given staff and quick promotions, while also being excused of rule breaking, which caused me to leave. After that I kind of took a break from Garry's Mod and started playing other games and participating in other communities.

Nabe

It is what it is
Founder
Yeah, sometimes server owners are a bit rough when it comes to friends. I've had my experiences with owners who are blinded by the friendships they have with staff members.

Simvoid

Yeah, sometimes server owners are a bit rough when it comes to friends. I've had my experiences with owners who are blinded by the friendships they have with staff members.
I suppose they are pressured into giving their friends staff or scared it will hurt their relationship if they decline, I've seen my fair share of servers be ruined by owners who just give their friends staff. I guess that is one of the reasons I really hate bias and unfairness. I really tried to save Paradox and Magellaniant, but in the end I couldn't make them see and fix their mistakes, I guess it would be somewhat hard to demote your brother, but a 12 year old should never really be in such a leadership position to begin with. At least these servers have taught me how destructive bias can be and have made me think before getting involved with moderation and friendship.

Nabe

It is what it is
Founder
I'd share my story, but I don't want to get shit canned before having my second foot halfway through the door.

Simvoid

Application edit - 20/05/2020 @ 16:45pm (GMT+1)
Edited "Total time with community" to improve accuracy.
Edited "Previous Administrative Experience" to improve readability.
Edited "Player Interview" to add paragraphs, in order to improve readability. Also added more information and improved a couple sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.