The Good, The bad, and the Reborn Gaming JvS

Obibo

VIP
OK so this is either going to be a really liked or really hated idea but I have nothing to lose since im going on a 2 week LoA in 2 days so here goes:
Make the bounty hunter job more like old western bounty hunters.
We already have 1 part of this in game with the western hitman style bounty board but hear me out

Boba fett. Iconic. Most easily recognized bounty hunter in Star Wars.
Y'know who was the inspiration for our boy Boba?
Blondie. Blondie the old western bounty hunter from TGTBATU.
What if we made Bounty Hunter kits modeled like that?

Currently, bounty hunters have a long range low ammo sniper rifle and wrist rockets. That's all fine and good.
But they also have a high damage high ammo Relby and a DH17. Both are high damage output and high ammo capacity weapons.
The bounty hunter kit is better for fighting crowds of people than it is taking out single targets.

An old west style bounty hunter kit could include stuff like: A long range low ammo rifle (Check) A utility (Wrist Rockets) and a high damage low range low ammo weapon like a 6-shooter. With a kit like that, it would make a lot more RP sense for a bounty hunter. They could snipe or hammer fan a target down with their high damage weapon and use their wrist rockets to yeet themselves outta there like an actual bounty hunter might

With a cowboy kit, bounty hunters could focus less on killing a crowd of people that are padding their target and instead only kill those who they need to to get to the target and leave quickly and silently. Bounty hunters were silent killers not frontline combatants

TLDR:
Bounty hunter kit is currently optimized for fighting crowds, not single targets.
Cowboys are cool.
Cowboys have good weapons for killing bounties but not fighting and killing large crowds.
Cowboy build encourages stealth, speed, accuracy, smarts, and map knowledge.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk, let me know what you think. If you hate it, let me know so I might repent of my sins.good.jpg

IROCONIAN

They are constantly being updated trying to make them balanced. When really, they should not be.

Do away with force leap for a day, blasters would reign supreme.

Give the bounty hunter more than 4 bullets. I have gone on bounties after using all my longbow ammo because I do not want to die. The longer i can go on the hunt the more immersive it is.

I agree with Obibo that Bounty Hunters should have this play style...the man with no name. This is what I imagined when @Shepard .

I log into the server just to do an event and train my apprentice. figure i have about an 1hr and a half. I hear about 18million dollars in bounties and we got all over it. I pull up the rules everytime i log in and read through, check discord org stuff but this time....screw all that.

I Switch to YUL and start gathering intel. Reborn is buzzing w info in adverts. Turns out they are all hiding out in Jabbas palace...turned Grey Sanctuary.

We camp out but they get cheeky and basically laugh that they can chill there in safety. and why not? this is a good idea imo and had no problem with it....because it lead to RP.

YUL and the rest of the crew start adverting and pm the Gray that resides there and convince them. If so many bounties are placed on these people they must be evil and for them to house evil is against their code.

The gray kicks them out of the sanctuary, but they use advance force powers like cloak and leap past a Bounty Hunter...this made me furious. We regroup and Resolve kicks in, we refocus our efforts searching for them...they beat us to the cc while we open fire on them...they get 30sec out of combat and really kicked our but there....leaving cc they could go to only 3 active warps. All of which we have either a spy or Bounty Hunter watching.

After not being able to hunt on Tython with arguably the hardest target we convince the sith to Raid.....this is about an hour into the hunt.

We go during the raid and all convince the Jedi we are looking for the Sith when only one of us really was hunting him. Almost all of Jedi give us free reign on Tython.

Towards the end of the Raid we collect on the Sith...maybe it was after...but def due to all the actions we took.

I stay on Tython looking everywhere for my target with little help from Jedi or Sith on his whereabouts. I go rogue and head into the temple knowing I would be KOS.

No luck and i get spotted while doing my best to stealth. I evade a low level Jedi who fails to put in jcomms i am on planet.

I pm, dm, ad and skyrim the heck out of it while hiding on the mountain. Then the Jedi find a remnant Sith of the raid. This increases there activity and exposes the Jedi they were protecting.

Tracking my escape, I elimnate my target and head to warp.....

this was before Cloak.

"When the man with a 45 meets the man with a rifle, you said, "the man with a pistol is a dead man." [Joe loads his gun] "Let's see if it's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot."

also for Okeas

Obibo

VIP
They are constantly being updated trying to make them balanced. When really, they should not be.

Do away with force leap for a day, blasters would reign supreme.

Give the bounty hunter more than 4 bullets. I have gone on bounties after using all my longbow ammo because I do not want to die. The longer i can go on the hunt the more immersive it is.

I agree with Obibo that Bounty Hunters should have this play style...the man with no name. This is what I imagined when @Shepard .

I log into the server just to do an event and train my apprentice. figure i have about an 1hr and a half. I hear about 18million dollars in bounties and we got all over it. I pull up the rules everytime i log in and read through, check discord org stuff but this time....screw all that.

I Switch to YUL and start gathering intel. Reborn is buzzing w info in adverts. Turns out they are all hiding out in Jabbas palace...turned Grey Sanctuary.

We camp out but they get cheeky and basically laugh that they can chill there in safety. and why not? this is a good idea imo and had no problem with it....because it lead to RP.

YUL and the rest of the crew start adverting and pm the Gray that resides there and convince them. If so many bounties are placed on these people they must be evil and for them to house evil is against their code.

The gray kicks them out of the sanctuary, but they use advance force powers like cloak and leap past a Bounty Hunter...this made me furious. We regroup and Resolve kicks in, we refocus our efforts searching for them...they beat us to the cc while we open fire on them...they get 30sec out of combat and really kicked our but there....leaving cc they could go to only 3 active warps. All of which we have either a spy or Bounty Hunter watching.

After not being able to hunt on Tython with arguably the hardest target we convince the sith to Raid.....this is about an hour into the hunt.

We go during the raid and all convince the Jedi we are looking for the Sith when only one of us really was hunting him. Almost all of Jedi give us free reign on Tython.

Towards the end of the Raid we collect on the Sith...maybe it was after...but def due to all the actions we took.

I stay on Tython looking everywhere for my target with little help from Jedi or Sith on his whereabouts. I go rogue and head into the temple knowing I would be KOS.

No luck and i get spotted while doing my best to stealth. I evade a low level Jedi who fails to put in jcomms i am on planet.

I pm, dm, ad and skyrim the heck out of it while hiding on the mountain. Then the Jedi find a remnant Sith of the raid. This increases there activity and exposes the Jedi they were protecting.

Tracking my escape, I elimnate my target and head to warp.....

this was before Cloak.

"When the man with a 45 meets the man with a rifle, you said, "the man with a pistol is a dead man." [Joe loads his gun] "Let's see if it's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot."

also for Okeas
One small detail I always liked in the dollars movies was how noone ever killed more than 4 people in one scene as that's all you could realistically do while fanning 6 bullets out. That would translate well I think

IROCONIAN

One small detail I always liked in the dollars movies was how noone ever killed more than 4 people in one scene as that's all you could realistically do while fanning 6 bullets out. That would translate well I think
don't worry Padawan
I got you on your LOA.
reborn remake

Caitlyn

I know I play bounty hunter. But they need a buff, personally from my experience of being a Bounty Hunter as well as violently murdering them. Mobility and Damage, I find that their mobility is a major weakness, a crippling slash or any force ability that causes a slow is basically the end of any bounty hunters life. When it comes to chasing down a target with a lot of health, it's almost impossible because they can always leap away, or end up getting shot away because your weapons have ALOT of knockback. I've made a lot of money as a bounty hunter before, literally 18mil in a day. The only way I'm able to kill people is basically using the longbow. If you can get some good single-fire rockets off then you can also sometimes get a kill. All the other weapons lack in DPS to kill a vulnerable target, but the issue is the more damage a weapon does the more knockback it does. Which almost makes it impossible to chase your target even if your rifle did a lot more damage.

The major issue is that bounty hunters can only really kill Medium Level+ targets with their longbow. and everything else is pretty much low chance of success. Id like to see a mobility buff, maybe less jump pack cooldown or a bit of a speed boost.

I want to point out bounty hunters are also super weak until they reach max level. You need to be level 250 to actually fully use all of the bounty hunters abilities. Not to mention it's super difficult to get into in the first place with the applications. The sniper also is very skill dependent (which I like) I wish we could figure out a way to make the Bounty Hunter powerful but require A LOT of skill. I think currently the longbow brings that to the table but in terms of mobility and other utilities its still pretty weak.

I think the fix is to give fewer ammunition weapons and smaller mags requiring more accuracy to get all your DPS in. This obviously will require more skill and planning to effectively land all of your shots.

Obibo

VIP
I know I play bounty hunter. But they need a buff, personally from my experience of being a Bounty Hunter as well as violently murdering them. Mobility and Damage, I find that their mobility is a major weakness, a crippling slash or any force ability that causes a slow is basically the end of any bounty hunters life. When it comes to chasing down a target with a lot of health, it's almost impossible because they can always leap away, or end up getting shot away because your weapons have ALOT of knockback. I've made a lot of money as a bounty hunter before, literally 18mil in a day. The only way I'm able to kill people is basically using the longbow. If you can get some good single-fire rockets off then you can also sometimes get a kill. All the other weapons lack in DPS to kill a vulnerable target, but the issue is the more damage a weapon does the more knockback it does. Which almost makes it impossible to chase your target even if your rifle did a lot more damage.

The major issue is that bounty hunters can only really kill Medium Level+ targets with their longbow. and everything else is pretty much low chance of success. Id like to see a mobility buff, maybe less jump pack cooldown or a bit of a speed boost.

I want to point out bounty hunters are also super weak until they reach max level. You need to be level 250 to actually fully use all of the bounty hunters abilities. Not to mention it's super difficult to get into in the first place with the applications. The sniper also is very skill dependent (which I like) I wish we could figure out a way to make the Bounty Hunter powerful but require A LOT of skill. I think currently the longbow brings that to the table but in terms of mobility and other utilities its still pretty weak.

I think the fix is to give fewer ammunition weapons and smaller mags requiring more accuracy to get all your DPS in. This obviously will require more skill and planning to effectively land all of your shots.
Yeah i think BHs are currently better equipped for croud control but not killing anything. playing BH feels like playing a riot control officer. If we added the colt revolver mod I mentioned above, it could be 6 slow firing high damage shots that take a long time to reload which would lend well to bounty killing

IROCONIAN

Yeah i think BHs are currently better equipped for croud control but not killing anything. playing BH feels like playing a riot control officer. If we added the colt revolver mod I mentioned above, it could be 6 slow firing high damage shots that take a long time to reload which would lend well to bounty killing

At first the BH job did fit the style he is talking about. This was the first two weeks when only the Bounty hunters knew their limitations and abilities. how to fight and they blended in as no one was looking for them. After several bounty hunters since then exposing this play style and all the nerfs it got, the bounty hunter is about as vunerable as a trooper, yet they are almost always all alone.

first - headshots dont work on every model so that should be a one shot gun and all model have head hit boxes

second- a close range cannon 6 shot revolver would be cool and would make sense for it to be allowed for just bounties maybe even use within force range.

third- I also think larger bounties or double bounties at certain time of the day would be good. like around meetings to make it dangerous.so auto bounties can be raised as well as the multiplier when the target kills another player.

When I first got to play as BOUNTY HUNTER YUL BRYNNER it was a completely different game and I donated for platinum as soon as it was confirmed in the game.

Now they are pretty weak and even with sweps and jump pack force users can ground and pound the Bounty Hunter within a minute. 2k armor would be a good thing but we are not suppose to be tanks. we should he a surgical knife.

cloak past guards headshot and cloak back out. as far as being able to be killed by non targets it should be easy for them to kill the bh. but the contract well...the 6 shot revolver would really fix that and use on everyone as long as they are messing with the BH collecting on the bounty.

6 shooter can be used on anyone interferring with collecting the target. make it garbo at med long range but unstoppable close up. make it so we can 6gun anyone who attacks or uses force on the Bounty Hunter. I am ok with only having 6 rds for the pistol total as well.

its still fun to play as BH and it is the most immersive on REBORN. Cloak may seem op but should have been in from the begining. i like how bh is evolving and I might not make millions like @Caitlyn but I enjoy the hunt and outsmarting my targets.

IROCONIAN

YUL BRYNNER ( STEAM_0:1:79082330 ) ( Bounty Hunter ) damaged Eternal Council Vickolas Van ( STEAM_0:0:41716780 ) ( Champion of Zakuul ) for 682 damage with a KBS Longbow ( iw_kbslongbow )

Im no bounty hunter so I don't know much about their kits but if the long bow does as much damage as I hear it does holy shit are you wrong, you just cant aim.