Trooper Additions

Estrella**

Trooper Suggestions
I believe troopers are a bit nerfed at the moment, but I don't think its enough to actually buff them until someone smart creates a good suggestion. However, these suggestions feature the newest apparatus that troopers can utilize because we've been using the same trooper weapons ever since mid-3.0. Therefore here you are.

Shields - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2116434972
So troopers got their hex shield taken away already, so why not give them this so that they can purely use it against other troopers to wage war. It is very fair as it has a cooldown and is practically used only for Trooper vs. Trooper.

New Grenades - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2019568291
Troopers deserve grenades because they aren't OP against force users and only other troopers. It can be used as a way of flushing out the enemies and other agendas. This grenade pack also has other aspects that are fantastic such as the Ping Launcher.

Weaponized Shields - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2120369947
I am hoping we can utilize these weapons for troopers to use so that they are bit more heavily guarded and it can be utilized for breaching areas and such.

Some New Weapons - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2088333082
These are actual SWTOR weapons that came out recently, we should totally use it.

Last edited:

NoLegsLarry

+1 I think we should get unique things like Nade launchers like back then, don’t have to add everything here but we should get something

Myth

VIP
-1 troopers arent meant to be able to 1v1 jedi and sith, they are a power in numbers type of class. Get someone in a crossfire with even 2 or 3 troopers and they stand no chance.

Scruby

-1 troopers arent meant to be able to 1v1 jedi and sith, they are a power in numbers type of class. Get someone in a crossfire with even 2 or 3 troopers and they stand no chance.
And I quote old republic fight scenes

Arc

-1 as myth said troopers are strength in numbers and as soon as you have groups of troopers you can kill force users with no effort, adding this would create one man armies

Estrella**

If you guys read it, this doesn't impose any threat against force users. Its purely Trooper v Trooper combat. Therefore all of your points of invalid @Myth and @Arc

Myth

VIP
If you guys read it, this doesn't impose any threat against force users. Its purely Trooper v Trooper combat. Therefore all of your points of invalid @Myth and @Arc

🤡CLOWN ALERT. 🤡 A CLOWN HAS BEEN DETECTED ON THIS THREAD 🤡

Imagine thinking that any sort of buff to troopers doesnt also effect force users. Shields : harder to kill, Grenades: do more damage, New guns: probably do more damage. Explain to me how this stuff doesnt effect trooper vs force user.

Estrella**

🤡CLOWN ALERT. 🤡 A CLOWN HAS BEEN DETECTED ON THIS THREAD 🤡

Imagine thinking that any sort of buff to troopers doesnt also effect force users. Shields : harder to kill, Grenades: do more damage, New guns: probably do more damage. Explain to me how this stuff doesnt effect trooper vs force user.
Shields do not affect lightsabers at all, Grenades can be set to the same damage as the stupid grenade launcher, the new guns will just be model replacements. Use your brain or is it a myth too?

Myth

VIP
Shields do not affect lightsabers at all, Grenades can be set to the same damage as the stupid grenade launcher, the new guns will just be model replacements. Use your brain or is it a myth too?
What is the point of adding these to the content pack if nothing changes then? Theres already plenty of unused weapons in the pack, no reason to add them if theres nothing new or improved. New guns changes nothing but the sound and model if they do the same damage. Sure, I can see your point with grenades, the grenade launcher shoots them to fast and hard. BUT that would buff troopers in combat even with the same damage as they could control the grenades better and grenades cannot be blocked. The only option is to run, and to run you must stop blocking, allowing troopers to shoot you. Shields seem like unneeded lag. Especially if they dont effect sabers, what does it effect then? do force powers count as projectiles? would troopers be running around immune to lightning? TFA is already notorious for lagging the server.

If you are looking for ways to add to troopers without buffing them or lagging the server this would not be the way to do it. Troopers seem to be in a good spot, adding things to them without buffing them in some way is near impossible.

Estrella**

What is the point of adding these to the content pack if nothing changes then? Theres already plenty of unused weapons in the pack, no reason to add them if theres nothing new or improved. New guns changes nothing but the sound and model if they do the same damage. Sure, I can see your point with grenades, the grenade launcher shoots them to fast and hard. BUT that would buff troopers in combat even with the same damage as they could control the grenades better and grenades cannot be blocked. The only option is to run, and to run you must stop blocking, allowing troopers to shoot you. Shields seem like unneeded lag. Especially if they dont effect sabers, what does it effect then? do force powers count as projectiles? would troopers be running around immune to lightning? TFA is already notorious for lagging the server.

If you are looking for ways to add to troopers without buffing them or lagging the server this would not be the way to do it. Troopers seem to be in a good spot, adding things to them without buffing them in some way is near impossible.
It will be able to replace the mass amount of weapons we have which will reduce lag and not only that grenade launchers can just be reduced to be the same as the old grenade launcher. Shields will affect troopers so that they can hide from troopers like a portable shield. This is purely for Trooper v Trooper, it adds literally no leverage to troopers compared to Jedi or Sith.

Nabe

It is what it is
Founder
Troopers aren't meant to 1v1 force users, but they also aren't meant to get one tapped by other troopers. Those weapons are really low quality. The best thing to do with the current weapons is to add more damage to them.

Grenades I can see.

Shields? Maybe. Other than that, I don't see much of a way of improving them as they are right now.