Vader's Ban Appeal

Sephtis

The sit was going to happen either way as he still had to have his job and name reset, it was not solely for his items, it was placed at the forefront to get a long process out of the way, but it was not the only reason he was there Sephtis.
He was instantly asked to drop his items. It's reasonable for him to defend himself against what was clearly against the rulebook.

That means literally nothing.

The rule book that is linked on the forums states that it's the only rulebook; any other rulebooks, rulings, etc are invalid.
This is coming for directly from an SA's Adjudication over the situation, it will be up to the SAs tomorrow to decide further on the matter.

The ban will more than likely remain as he still left, rather than accepting the punishment temporarily and waiting to overturn it.

Scottsman

This is coming for directly from an SA's Adjudication over the situation, it will be up to the SAs tomorrow to decide further on the matter.

The ban will more than likely remain as he still left, rather than accepting the punishment temporarily and waiting to overturn it.
have you been smoking some of that wacky backy?

Sephtis

Due to contradictions in similar rules revolving PK Duels in the same rule.
This also all occurred at around 2-3am my time I am for one tired and will probably wait to respond further as its now 5am, I do apologize that this turned out this way and had you stayed longer this more than likely could've been resolved differently
However, this matter was brought to the attention on an SA and has been temporarily handled.
Wait a minute. There was not. A pk duel. This was an EMPEROR calling his DC member up and Forcing him to call a PK order on a Lord. Then asking his Blade to attack Vader when he was low, during the fight.

A PK ORDER is a soft PK.

This was not a PK duel; This was not two people agreeing to fight.

This is Clearly an disgusting abuse of a loophole. Arc clearly abused a loophole and got Rockie to do his dirty.

Wait a minute. There was not. A pk duel. This was an EMPEROR calling his DC member up and Forcing him to call a PK order on a Lord. Then asking his Blade to attack Vader when he was low, during the fight.

This is Clearly an disgusting abuse of a loophole. Ace clearly abused a loophole and got Rockie to do his dirty.
I never stated there was a PK Duel, I made mention to A rule contridiction relating to pk duels under the same rule that defines where Pk Orders lie in terms of pk severity

"Soft PK: Loss of character’s history, rank, and name.
  1. From assisting in Overthrows, execution (by the Faction Leader), PK duels, and PK orders."

PK Duels are classified under True Pks stated by a rule two rules following suite this one.
There is a high possibility this rule could encompass Pk orders having a possibilty of a soft pk
and soft pk's being a possibility of Pk duels under staff discretion.
And I'd rather hold him there and get items out of the way while I get further confirmation on it then get no confirm at all.

Vader also at all times had the right to refuse a PK order, despite whether or not he felt pressured he is able to refuse, and if he felt he was being pressured or entrapped he should have contacted staff instead of immediately calling for meka's pk order.

Geico

Owner
Website Developer
Developer
I never stated there was a PK Duel, I made mention to A rule contridiction relating to pk duels under the same rule that defines where Pk Orders lie in terms of pk severity

"Soft PK: Loss of character’s history, rank, and name.
  1. From assisting in Overthrows, execution (by the Faction Leader), PK duels, and PK orders."

PK Duels are classified under True Pks stated by a rule two rules following suite this one.
There is a high possibility this rule could encompass Pk orders having a possibilty of a soft pk
and soft pk's being a possibility of Pk duels under staff discretion.
And I'd rather hold him there and get items out of the way while I get further confirmation on it then get no confirm at all.

Vader also at all times had the right to refuse a PK order, despite whether or not he felt pressured he is able to refuse, and if he felt he was being pressured or entrapped he should have contacted staff instead of immediately calling for meka's pk order.
What? Arc literally said "We can either have two dead or one dead, and I don't mean pressing spacebar to come back to life." That is literally FORCING me into PKing him otherwise I'm getting PKed. On top of that you were PRESENT listening to all of it, and you didn't do a SINGLE thing. So don't pull the "He should've contacted staff" card. You were already there.

have you been smoking some of that wacky backy?
To put it simply or rather in an example.
if you were arrested by an officer of the law would you rather sit politely allow them to take you into custody to look over the false charges.
Or resist arrest and earn yourself another charge.

Sephtis

Just to Recap the situation thus far.

-Arc abused a loophole in an attempt to kill Vader.
-Vader was
Falsely brought to a sit to drop his inventory.
-You
assumed Vader consented to a PK Duel
-Vader left to protect his inventory.

Now, In the Rulebook it states that;

1. Soft PK: Loss of character’s history, rank, and name.
    1. From assisting in Overthrows, execution (by the Faction Leader), PK duels, and PK orders.

You JUST admitted that this was not a PK Duel. Therefore this is a soft PK.

Sephtis

To put it simply or rather in an example.
if you were arrested by an officer of the law would you rather sit politely allow them to take you into custody to look over the false charges.
Or resist arrest and earn yourself another charge.
It's a literal law that you're allowed to resist unlawful arrest.

Just to Recap the situation thus far.

-Arc abused a loophole in an attempt to kill Vader.
-Vader was
Falsely brought to a sit to drop his inventory.
-You
assumed Vader consented to a PK Duel
-Vader left to protect his inventory.

Now, In the Rulebook it states that;

1. Soft PK: Loss of character’s history, rank, and name.
    1. From assisting in Overthrows, execution (by the Faction Leader), PK duels, and PK orders.

You JUST admitted that this was not a PK Duel. Therefore this is a soft PK.
-Arc abused a loophole in an attempt to kill Vader. (Arc asked him to preform a pk order on him, of which he could have refused and if he was punished for not preforming it, it could have been easily overturned.)
-Vader was Falsely brought to a sit to drop his inventory. (Vader was brought to a sit regardless of his inventory or not he was still PK'd Soft or True and was going to be there)
-You assumed Vader consented to a PK Duel (I was aware of a PK Order, but wary of the stipulations regarding whether it would be a soft or true)
-Vader left to protect his inventory. (He left from a staff sit which he could have disputed while still ingame, telling me that "I can just take it out of his inventory" in a bout of anger, he did not leave to protect his inventory)

It's a literal law that you're allowed to resist unlawful arrest.
Also just no, in some states you can, a majority advise you to just continue to follow an officers orders so you can dispute any charges or false pretense in a court of law in a civil manner.

Geico

Owner
Website Developer
Developer
-Arc abused a loophole in an attempt to kill Vader. (Arc asked him to preform a pk order on him, of which he could have refused and if he was punished for not preforming it, it could have been easily overturned.)
-Vader was Falsely brought to a sit to drop his inventory. (Vader was brought to a sit regardless of his inventory or not he was still PK'd Soft or True and was going to be there)
-You assumed Vader consented to a PK Duel (I was aware of a PK Order, but wary of the stipulations regarding whether it would be a soft or true)
-Vader left to protect his inventory. (He left from a staff sit which he could have disputed while still ingame, telling me that "I can just take it out of his inventory" in a bout of anger, he did not leave to protect his inventory)
I said have fun having staff spawn it in, also if I get a PK on me overturned, why would he not look for EVERY excuse to PK me from there on? The bias will be set. Given the situation, I did what I HAD to. The fact that you don't realize this is honestly scary man.

I said have fun having staff spawn it in, also if I get a PK on me overturned, why would he not look for EVERY excuse to PK me from there on? The bias will be set. Given the situation, I did what I HAD to. The fact that you don't realize this is honestly scary man.
I will dm you privately on this matter.

Sephtis

-Wrong. Arc threatened to kill Vader if he didn't accept. Which is also a soft pk.
-Vader was brought to drop his inventory, that was the first and only interaction had before leaving.
-You shouldn't have allowed Rockie to demand Vader's items. You should have read the rulebook before approving this duel.
-Are you assuming, again, what Vader is thinking? He literally said before he left that you would have to spawn it in because he refused to drop it to him. He immediately came in discord and thought it was a soft pk, implying he thought dropping was optional. Changing it to a Hard PK after the fact is EXACTLY What he was protecting himself from. The fact that you spawned in the items for Rockie after banning him proves he was right.

Sephtis

I will dm you privately on this matter.
This is the most clear cut case of staff not doing due diligence. This shouldn't have been allowed regardless, due to Arc clearly attempting to abuse a loophole. You cannot punish vader for leaving to avoid an obviously fraudulent charge. It is your responsibility to know the rules, and to handle scenarios properly. Tping someone to the person who abused an exploit to kill him and letting him decide what happens to his items was a terrible idea.

Geico

Owner
Website Developer
Developer
-Wrong. Arc threatened to kill Vader if he didn't accept. Which is also a soft pk.
-Vader was brought to drop his inventory, that was the first and only interaction had before leaving.
-You shouldn't have allowed Rockie to demand Vader's items. You should have read the rulebook before approving this duel.
-Are you assuming, again, what Vader is thinking? He literally said before he left that you would have to spawn it in because he refused to drop it to him. He immediately came in discord and thought it was a soft pk, implying he thought dropping was optional. Changing it to a Hard PK after the fact is EXACTLY What he was protecting himself from. The fact that you spawned in the items for Rockie after banning him proves he was right.
Exactly what I've been saying to Phylo in DMs but he doesn't agree

Geico

Owner
Website Developer
Developer
Also Frog, you keep attempting to say that I left before knowing I didn't have to drop my items, however, it's YOUR job to know the rules you're enforcing. Not mine.

Scopes

+1

I honestly think this is the most biased thing to hear about. If you are FORCED against a PK it should not be allowed and you should be able to say no without consequences. This is the most petty thing I've seen player AND staff wise. This should of been handled better instead of banning him for 3 days.

Good luck - Scopes