Venom's Gamemaster Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game Master Application

Steam name: Venom
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:91684577
Ingame name(s): "Blade Of The Order Venom" and "BCJV DS BB Lord Venom"
Current play time: 300+ hours in the past 2 weeks, but that includes afking but non-afk it's about 6+ hours daily
Time in Garry’s Mod: 5100+ hours
Amount of warns: 5 (All were received over a year ago)

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience:
Server(s): Elemental Network, and TropTopica
Time as position: For EN it was about 5 months or so and I was a Division Leader which on that server acts as both the staff manager and event manager and I did at least 1-2 events daily, I stepped down from my position to let other people have a shot at being a leader. For TropTopica about a month or two, I was a normal GM/EP on the server, my stay on the server was cut short by the server owner shutting down the server. Any further questions can be answered if needed.

(Check off the answer you choose with a “x”.)

Would you consider yourself an good builder?
[X] yes
[ ] no

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: (if none leave blank)
I have easily had 1.5k-2k hours of building, with making events, playing in sandbox and making events in sandbox. Also building massive bases on DarkRP and giving people the copy paste for massive gangs. I have made all types of events in my past experience ranging from giant role-play events to small NPC events, I like making my events more role-play related but I also like taking ideas from the player base to make them happy, to ensure they enjoy their time on the server. With NPC control I believe this server has a system that I haven't worked with yet but I am a very fast learner and would only need to be taught how it works once, and I'd be able to pick it up easily.

Are you able to create a cohesive story?
[X] yes
[ ] no

Experience with the creation of story lines, and knowledge of star wars lore:
I have a decent amount of knowledge of star wars lore, I have watched all the movies and the entire clone wars series, frequently I find myself on youtube watching videos about star wars lore and it interests me a lot, so I believe my lore knowledge is better than most people. For experience with story line creation I have created many different story lines for various events, such as making a giant event that introduced the Eternal Empire to the server because they were adding it but wanted a RP addition of it. I've also had massive RP events that include an Ancient Sith Emperor being resurrected and trying to re-claim the empire for himself, with the help of his loyal followers, and the story line changed based on the faction's actions, the people who joined him would be given a new model and would be introduced to the plot of the story so they wouldn't be lose, and the people whom apposed his rule would have to do an all out war with him and his followers, the event lasted I think 4 hours but was split into 2 different parts, that occurred over the course of a 2 day period. Another example would be us having a dark entity event, which included myself as the Dark Entity and a few followers that were other GM's, we would come out of nowhere in a cloud of darkness and anyone who tried to attack us would be infected with a plague that could only be cured by finding another Entity that was completely pure within the force, to find that Force Entity they would need to do a series of different tasks and for punishment if they went against what the Dark Entity said they would be give more tasks or would be given more of the plague. Eventually reaching the Force Entity they'd be given the cure to the plague but would be warned that the Dark Entity returned if they did not learn the force power that could keep him at bay, so they had to prove to the Force Entity they were worthy of obtaining the knowledge about said force power, once obtaining that knowledge they had to have the leader of each faction work as a group to perform the ritual, upon success the Dark Entity and his followers would disappear in dark cloud.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[X] yes
[ ] no
If so how many times?
[1]

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[X] yes
[ ] no

As a game master what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create story, etc.):
I would like to do everything I can, and whatever else would help the server progress as well as make the player base happy.

Plan an event (story based or building based):
I would do an RP event that would include all 3 of the factions, I would have a random group of people appear on Tatooine, we can call them Force Priests for this story line, they would be wishing to speak to the leadership from each faction, if one of the factions would attack the Priests they would unleash a series of punishments upon that faction for example they would force choke the leaders of said faction (if this happens during 4.0 and force choke is implemented) until they submitted to their power, or things along those lines. After they could talk to the leaders of each faction they would tell them that they could either join them and follow them with undying loyalty or they could earn their independence, undoubtedly every faction would choose the option for independence. In order to obtain independence each factions would be assigned a series of trials to test their strength and willingness to work together, they would need to go to Kashyyyk to obtain a stolen relic from an army of bounty hunters, which they would find upon arriving on Kashyyyk, upon success they would return to the mythical priests to return the relic, but they would be met by another army of bounty hunters that was attempting to kill the priests, or so it appeared. Upon fighting the bounty hunters and almost defeating their leader, the force priests stepped in and demanded the fighting to be stopped, the priests would be outraged at the sight of their army being slaughtered (the factions would be informed the priests were hiring those bounty hunters to assist in finding the stolen relic), one of the priests would demand the execution of all factions but the leader would say there was still a way for them to earn their independence because they retrieved the relic after all. He would say that they needed to beat the leader in a war, a war that had no rules or limits. The Leader of the Priests would call upon his army of beasts (zombies) to fight for him against the factions. They would fight in the war for however long it took and eventually would all be fighting the boss until one side emerged victorious. Seeing that this is a very large event it would most likely be reserved for an artifact roll event, it really depends on the thoughts of the S-Gm's.

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[X]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [Venom], have permission from [Whiskey] to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.
[X]

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated): I believe I should be supported more due to me most likely having a lot more experience and time invested into GM's work and such, I am also a very dedicated and hard working individual. I do not just do events because I have to do them, I do events because I love doing events and I really enjoy making the player base happy and making sure they enjoy their time on the server, hopefully encouraging them to keep returning to it. I also take suggestions from the players themselves and try to implement them into events to further please them. You will never see my events being "half assed", they will be developed from hours of thinking, testing and hard work. I would like to think my building skills are advanced as I have had endless hours of experience with it, I am very good at aligning things properly and making everything look very smooth and clean (no holes or randomly placed objects). I have a very unique way of thinking and creating events so I think my events will be very unique as a whole, so I think people would enjoy getting out of the routine of normal events and such.

Note: Gamemaster are not administrative staff. Gamemaster should not use their powers for anything besides their events. Unless instructed to do other wise by Head Admin +.

Last edited:
V

Vantas

-2 every interaction i have had with you has ended up with you being extremely toxic and many people i have spoken to have had the same problems with you

Last edited by a moderator:
-2 every interaction i have had with you has ended up with you being extremely toxic
I don't know anyone by the name on Vantas, but usually when I'm like that it is supposed to be in a joking manner, I apologize for my actions.

Cloak

VIP
+2 You are a nice guy all over and I have no doubt that you will be a great asset, sadly again most of the ideas are a like with other applicants or something that has already been created before. But good luck

+2 You are a nice guy all over and I have no doubt that you will be a great asset, sadly again most of the ideas are a like with other applicants or something that has already been created before. But good luck
I probably should've looked at other applications so I could make mine differently than everyone, but I also didn't do that so I assured myself of not stealing ideas from other apps.

Luna

VIP
+1 been with you for a long and I know that ur experienced with staffing since I staffed with you and I think you would be a great staff

Premium

1- You sometimes try to be toxic as a joke and we need some serious people on Gamemaster that can take this job seriously.
The Event Idea has been done before we want Original and Raw Event Ideas and these just dont do it for me.

Id say redo your app next time come up with a better Story Idea and Try to change your toxicicity and you should be fine.

V

Vantas

I don't know anyone by the name on Vantas, but usually when I'm like that it is supposed to be in a joking manner, I apologize for my actions.
the first interaction i ever had with you was you telling me to go kill myself and thats still not something to joke about

the first interaction i ever had with you was you telling me to go kill myself and thats still not something to joke about
I don't recall ever saying that, I usually say I'm gonna kill myself when I get salty. I apologize regardless.

Okeas

VIP
-2, Reading over this event I see how easily it can get screwed over by players messing around like they usually do during events. No matter how good of a game master you are, there will always be players that could ruin events. I can see this event trying to be pulled off and I see that it would probably turn into one huge mosh pit. Player interview is very basic and I have had no positive experiences with you I've had maybe one or two bad experiences with you.

Neutral, you are a nice guy but when you get mad, you tend to loose control. Game masters need a lot of patience. Probably will change my vote.

+3 I do not know where the negatives are coming from besides personal bias and far past experiences being dragged into the present, but regardless your App shows that you have experience. I see you on TS/The server pretty frequently, and while I do not know you that well besides 3 or 4 interactions, that is besides the point after reading through this. I can tell you put a lot of work into all aspects of the application, really leaving no room for error anywhere. If your experience in both server maintenance and event planning rings true, I think you would make a great addition to the GM team. Best of luck on your app!

Status
Not open for further replies.