Accepted Weezl's GM ap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weezl

GAMEMASTER APPLICATION
Please copy the entire form below and make a new thread in this section with all of the fields correctly filled out.
Failure to correctly fill out this form within 24 hours of posting your application will result in your application automatically being denied.

Qualifications

Steam Name
- WkdWeezl
Steam ID -: 76561199109318961
Ingame Name(s) - Echuu Shen-Jon
Server Playtime - ~ 8 hours
Garry’s Mod Playtime - 32 hours
Warn Count - none
Age - 32

Relevant Experience
Servers - I have never held any positions on a server, and am in fact just expanding to this form of roleplaying from being a DnD Game Master.
Roles - See above

QUESTIONNAIRE
The Gamemaster role requires creativity, knowledge, and most of all, vision.
Answer these questions as best you can to demonstrate these attributes.
Minimum effort will not be tolerated.

What is your level of experience with Garry’s Mod construction and tools?
Limited at best. I have decorated some buildings in DarkRP and played around. However what I lack I can make up for with a willingness to learn and too much free time.
Why do you want to become a Gamemaster?
I like being a DnD GM already. Creating story arcs and world building is what I love to do. If I can expand that to the digital platform for more to enjoy, that would just be awesome. Plus having events like this would be a great way for me to get more friends involved with the server.

Why should the community support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players?
I'm an enthusiastic and creative gaming and lore nerd. I will put into a community as much as it gives back to me. What I lack in experience I make up for with free time and a willingness to mess with new projects. I'm always looking for a project and have no problem working with others to see our vision for the community grow and come to life.
Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
Unfortunately not.
How well could you adapt to unplanned circumstances in something you have planned?
I'm a father of twin 4 yr olds and a long term Game Master, it's what I do.

What interests you most in the Star Wars universe?
What doesn't? From the history of the Jawas to the Rise and Fall of the Empire. You name it. I'm a history buff to begin with and find fantasy mythos often way more entertaining than our own. I have no problem researching lore just to build an arc. And best of all I'm always learning new and awesome things, which is probably my favorite thing about the mythos itself, learning new things.

Now, taking what most interests you, craft a high-quality multi-part storyline (with characters, branches, anything that you see fit) that you could create multiple events from.

Stage 1
Welcome to Tython/Korriban

You spawn into the world for the first time, completely unsure what to expect. Around you stand other new Force users eager to learn their powers.

In front of you stands an imposing figure Darth Tenebrous(?) and Loden Greatstorm respectively.
They greet you :

"Welcome young Force wielder. I see you have come to join our ranks. I welcome you to learn our teachings, however, it is you who must do the learning..."
“If I do everything,” Loden liked to say, “no one learns anything.”

The NPC will tell them to go to a location to retrieve some form of information from them.
<The quest itself is to see whether the new player will read and follow the instructions.>

The new player should go to the library or some place of information storage. In order to retrieve the quest item they have to read different texts ,by activating holocrons perhaps, these will teach the player how to assign stats and how they affect abilities and fighting style options.

Upon completing the stage, they retrieve the quest item and return.
This Item can reward them enough credits to go to Illum to build their saber.

Stage 2
Building your Lightsaber

Once you have learned about stats and have applied them the player is then informed by the respective starting NPC on how to construct their light saber.
"Good, however you have just begun to scratch the surface of your learnings. There is much to know and much to do, but first you must be able to protect yourself. Go to the caves of Ilum, there you will find a means to defend yourself on your travels."

This would be a 3 room dungeon style location. The right and left doors are open however the center main door remains locked. To access the main room the player must retrieve the hilt from one room and a crystal from the other.

In the room should have information about the factions and classes respectively, allowing the players to learn of things to come.
With the 2 items in their inventory they are able to access the 3rd and final room.
In the final room is an alter where they can construct their first saber (specific to new players and an easy way to mark level of player)

Once the saber is constructed a boss appears and the player must then fight to survive putting what they have learned to the test.

This is based on the Cave of Evil in RotJ and should be part of new recruits for both sides.
To complete their training and put everything they have learned to use the new recruit must face their fears in the cave of fears.
This would be something they face alone and after completing it get a fixed reward, personally I think this is how they will be rewarded their Kyber Crystal and be able to build their first official saber. This would also be a fun way to put the stuff players learn in training to use and then allow them to be eligible to be picked up by a master. This could also lessen the load of instructors being needed, allow current masters to have enough time to train their Padawan's while the new ones are doing the "tutorial", and most importantly help new players understand what is going on with character building and playing.

Stage 3
What have you learned?
Upon constructing their Lightsaber and defeating the boss, they will be instructed to return to their proper temple.
When they return they will be congratulated by the NPC, and instructed on how to contact the proper personnel to find a Master as well as join an organization. It will be here that they receive the term Padawan from Youngling, officially get their Lightsaber, and can join their sides respective organizations.

If your application is accepted, you will be required to start a multi-event storyline as part of your trial. It is recommended that this be the first draft of that storyline.

USER-ADMINISTRATIVE AGREEMENT
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, or neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters.
[ Weezl]

USER PERMISSION CLAUSE
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [Weezl], have permission from [Nabe] to make my application, either via forum private message, steam, or in-game.
I also acknowledge that if I am lying about my permission, that I will be denied the right to apply for any Reborn staff position in the future.
[Weezl ]

NOTE - Gamemasters are not administrative staff. Gamemasters should not use their powers for anything besides their events, unless instructed otherwise by an Admin+.

Last edited:

Nabe

It is what it is
Founder
I'm always partial to people leaning new things and being a GM, but I will remain at a +1 until typos are fixed and some more details are added for events.

Ronnie

Owner
| ACCEPTED |
Read through the Gamemaster Guidelines, and get in touch with any Gamemaster+ for training.
Also, I know you're new to Gmod, so do not hesitate to get in contact with me or anyone for assistance!
I love the enthusiasm and the drive, excited to see what you can do!

Status
Not open for further replies.