What Happened?

ChAsE

Simple question here... What Happened? (FYI I havent played the server since 4.0 and have no idea what happens now a days but I know its not the same)

What happened to the max server limit tha had tons of people spam clicking to join the server and messaging their steam friends who were staff to kick afks?

What happened the constantly revolving councils and enjoyable toxicity and madness going on that every one loved?

And simply, what happened to the Reborn Gaming JvS that we dedicated our whole weekends to grind levels, get XP hungry and team kill in events, huge talent shows, massive raids with TS channels filled with different people, what happened to the grind of making money and using it to buy that artifact that only one person has in the whole server, what happened to Myths crazy events that everyone loved, what happened to everyones desire to play Reborn?

The owners (or at this moment "owner") have been asking for months, what needs to change and why has everyone just lost their desire to play the game?

Now earlier today or this week, Shepard released a survey for everyone to fill out but was especially targeting people who have quit or taken breaks from the server.(btw i wrote a very long message in that survey)

I've been playing since 2016 and ive seen everything... Ex. Tons of the community quitting when animations were added, Tons of people quitting when 3.0 came out, and honestly anything you could ask.

Some of my reasons

x. Alchemy

x. The change in the skill tree system was completely useless and takes more time, and the paths were changed prior to 4.0 and they were not very good changes

x. Rare hilts that were worth millions were added to the store and lost all their value. (means a lot to me since i owned almost all the theo hilts on the server and sold them for a very large price and weeks later they were added to the store and it meant nothing to have a theo which was a very cool hilt)

x. Nothing was going on ever, less events were occuring and players were either afking or roaming planets looking for people who are also roaming planets looking for people

x. Artifact should still be the highest rarity and no other rarities should have been added

x. No point of grinding for anything, nothing to work for

x. Mini events kinda left us and only scheduled events were going on so there was no (CTF, dueling tourneys, talent shows, sharks and minos(ran by ben), etc.)

x. There are so many other reasons that arent coming to my head!

Now from a player prospective and me asking you guys why have you guys lost interest in playing the server and why is Reborn not the same?

Please give some answers because I would appreciate to know what you guys think because I have quit since 4.0 and currently have no interest in joining back because its not the same reborn!

Idk, it doesn’t have the appeal it used to. I have to constantly manage faction leaders/ council for what factions I play because I know certain people who would just exile me the second I get on my life because they don’t like me. It gets annoying with all the grudges and shit in the community. I still play but damn not near as much as I did around late 2.0

Rde Ren

What happened is people are growing up getting older. People are moving on to new things like jobs, school, new games, etc. back in 3.0 no one would be bored with all this new stuff. The older people are moving on and the newer people are coming in. We should try our best to give those people a good experience. Try giving new players some quality rp.

IROCONIAN

[Yesterday, 11:32 PM]
XXXXXXXXX:
Is the JVS server still level based for damage?

[Yesterday, 11:49 PM]
IROCONIAN:
yea and using force
so meditating and healing xp

[Yesterday, 11:49 PM]
XXXXXXXXX:
Kinda stinks for newer players fighting others it should be off skill

Shibe

VIP
A lot of people left mainly because they got bored. They just didn't see the server fun anymore. They accomplished what they wanted to do and left. I stopped playing reborn at about September of last year. The main driving factor was that there was nothing to do during then. I found new servers and had fun on them. I also met new people and talked with them and made friends. People's opinions can change. I don't think it's the new updates that pushed some of the veteran players away. It's mainly because they found fun somewhere else and got new experinces there.

If I really had to contribute to a solving to many of the issues, I say we should go back to 2.0 Dueling, with instead class-based jobs and the higher of a rank you are, the more power you had combined with the skill-based system. Get rid of Fury and go back to the original Aggressive. Outside of Combat, there's plenty of things that could be changed and kept. Alchemy isn't a bad system at all, the problem is it is unappealing to some. The server in general needs to go back to the 2.0 standard of actually working for what you get. Instead of the backstabbing, betrayal, favoritism, PK-Order obsessed and sensitive way of doing action. I can agree that a lot has changed since 2.0, from whether it's player-count to the actual way people act. The server advances constantly, but with that there's a cost. I could go on and on about things, but as somebody who's also been here for years, you need to understand that instead of crying about why you left, you should actually stick around and change it yourself. That is my goal, and why I have not left like many others.

Mimiik4.0

I was reading up on some semi-older posts and noticed this comment made by Connor, figured it be appropriate to put it here. This is a copy paste so no hate on me.

And you might ask, how do we fix that? I think we, as a community, because of this indiscriminate leveling system, have become more aggressive, and want to kill most things we see for the XP. We might not be able to fix the system, but we can change the way we think and interact with others to create more meaningful encounters with new players. Sometimes you don't have to kill EVERYONE on an enemy faction, you can be chill and still roleplay in a serious manner. Players shouldn't be waiting outside the community center so often to jump another player walking out. There are times where perhaps we may be killing people because we've deemed them personal enemies, but I'll get to that later. Point is, roleplay between factions doesn't always mean a bloodbath, it can mean interactions of dialogue, story, espionage, etc. It is a positive note that we are attempting to move towards an attitude of serious roleplay, and that should be praised.

On the note of roleplay, I feel there isn't enough weight behind every player's story now. I feel like every day that a player gets on, something meaningful should be happening to them personally, like training with their master and defeating a few sith together, bringing the padawan and their master closer together. Just small awesome moments like that, which create positive memories of the server to individuals. I remember training with Artorias one day in 2.0, and he helped me train to understand how to duel, and I thought "man, this is pretty cool, I'm gonna win tomorrow when I get on again". That spark eventually begins to fade over time, as the moments will start to lose their individuality, thus lessening the positive experience of the user. There are limits to everything, but we should be actively trying to create positive experiences with others and make the magic happen. Currently, I think (and this isn't fact, this is just what I THINK is happening) new players are getting destroyed by old players who have significantly more power, which doesn't really create positive experiences. On another JvS server which I played, I walked up to opposing faction players, and I said I was new and asked how to play. They showed me around and told me how most of the stuff works rather than killing me; I want to see more experiences like this happen to new players, they should feel connected.

Shippycool

Ye I liked 2.0 just because of the RP it enforces and it would just allow you to pick this type of hilt and you didnt have to work to get items or levels it was just basically RP and working and that’s what was amazing. To me also because I loved being force user in 2.0

so in your opinion whats good progression.
Something that means something other than simply adding stuff, things that can make a true impact on how you play the server/how the server works. Things like if you could collect followers, NPCs that could assist in overthrows that aren't players or whatever, in terms of progression, maybe a way to augment your hilts or crystals themselves with items you can gather from raids/caves so you can upgrade like a legendary to have a artifacts damage, or have a special effect on it, or some sort of special ability on it, like Kylo Ren's cracked crystal will have people be stunned a little bit longer, small things like that, that you can work towards to get. Possibly a menu for Emperors/Cabinet so they can purchase defenses for their planets, stuff like small traps or NPC guards that will attack whatever attacks them. Stuff to work towards and progress to, stuff that can help you and make you unique.

ChAsE

you say nothign to work for but then say new crystal tiers are bad
also care to elaborate on alchemy?

Apoligies for not elaborating enough!

When it comes to the crystal tiers, first of all there was never any grinding for anything above a legendary. Prior to 4.0 there were i'd say 20 people who had the artifacts and about 15 people who had the money to purchase them. People such as whiskey has multiple artifacts and custom ones and not that they were hoarded(he has them 100% fairly) but you would always see the adverts for selling **insert custom artifact name** and honestly no matter what you pmed them the offer was not good enough unless you were making a fair trade which about 1% of the server could pull off.

One of my favorite parts about the server was that the market was community run and the prices changed constantly due to supply and demand. So when theo hilts were first being spawned in, so little people had them but there was such a demand meaning the pprice is extrememly high. Same issue with crystal rarities there is so little supply and so much demand. There may be enough artifacts for the whole server to have one, but it doesnt matter because there will always be someone collecting them all and trying to stop the distribution of them

Artifact raids were a great idea and got tons of people on the server and people spamming my mod office in TS. They were so much fun and it really felt like a clan trying to pass a huge dungeon to get the great reward. About 100 people participate in that event and if im correct only 1 person gets the artifact (maybe more but definitely under 5 people). You couldve sat on ur ass during the raid and then win the crystal.

It is all luck based!

TALENT SHOW!

Every once in a while there was an ooc talent show which litterally requires zero talent to win and its completely luck.
Now of course it is an ooc event and there needs to be a balance between rp and ooc but when you mix the two. Ex. giving away two artifacts to a ninja turtle and his friends singing the Titantic theme song! The balance becomes broken and its not a grind for crystals its Luck just like the artifact raids.

Alchemy!

Now of course this is my opinion but lemme explain

When I play MMOs or games with consumable perks such as Monster Hunter World(meals that give health and dmg boosts), or Elder Scrolls Online(so many i cant count)... I hardly ever use them because it is just another variable to add into the complex sitation of already exisisting damage multipliers, criticals, base damage & HP, Armor, Rank.

So when playing Reborn with this new alchemy mod!

The materials set on spawners all over the planets really make the map less appealing.

Now I havent checked all the potions but I believe some include jumping higher and speed.

This seems like a horrible variable to add to a duel or raid and can be abused.

Ex. The best duelist on the server (me) is fighting a Darth and they are both one hit away from dying. I know im gonna win cuz i have the best tactics and skill at dueling, and suddenly he drinks a "speed potions" (if that even exists) and is going so fast that i cant even follow his PM and backstabs me with a defensive heavy, now technically its a tactic, but just like people say "no force powers" "no sprinting(1.0)" people shouldnt have to say "Doood no drinking speed potions u fucking crackhead"

All of these are just my opinion and some of my facts may be incorrect and I apoligize in advance, but Reborn will always be my favorite GMOD server and I cannot tell you how much time (and money smh) I have dedicated to such a great game!

Apoligies for not elaborating enough!

When it comes to the crystal tiers, first of all there was never any grinding for anything above a legendary. Prior to 4.0 there were i'd say 20 people who had the artifacts and about 15 people who had the money to purchase them. People such as whiskey has multiple artifacts and custom ones and not that they were hoarded(he has them 100% fairly) but you would always see the adverts for selling **insert custom artifact name** and honestly no matter what you pmed them the offer was not good enough unless you were making a fair trade which about 1% of the server could pull off.

One of my favorite parts about the server was that the market was community run and the prices changed constantly due to supply and demand. So when theo hilts were first being spawned in, so little people had them but there was such a demand meaning the pprice is extrememly high. Same issue with crystal rarities there is so little supply and so much demand. There may be enough artifacts for the whole server to have one, but it doesnt matter because there will always be someone collecting them all and trying to stop the distribution of them

Artifact raids were a great idea and got tons of people on the server and people spamming my mod office in TS. They were so much fun and it really felt like a clan trying to pass a huge dungeon to get the great reward. About 100 people participate in that event and if im correct only 1 person gets the artifact (maybe more but definitely under 5 people). You couldve sat on ur ass during the raid and then win the crystal.

It is all luck based!

TALENT SHOW!

Every once in a while there was an ooc talent show which litterally requires zero talent to win and its completely luck.
Now of course it is an ooc event and there needs to be a balance between rp and ooc but when you mix the two. Ex. giving away two artifacts to a ninja turtle and his friends singing the Titantic theme song! The balance becomes broken and its not a grind for crystals its Luck just like the artifact raids.

Alchemy!

Now of course this is my opinion but lemme explain

When I play MMOs or games with consumable perks such as Monster Hunter World(meals that give health and dmg boosts), or Elder Scrolls Online(so many i cant count)... I hardly ever use them because it is just another variable to add into the complex sitation of already exisisting damage multipliers, criticals, base damage & HP, Armor, Rank.

So when playing Reborn with this new alchemy mod!

The materials set on spawners all over the planets really make the map less appealing.

Now I havent checked all the potions but I believe some include jumping higher and speed.

This seems like a horrible variable to add to a duel or raid and can be abused.

Ex. The best duelist on the server (me) is fighting a Darth and they are both one hit away from dying. I know im gonna win cuz i have the best tactics and skill at dueling, and suddenly he drinks a "speed potions" (if that even exists) and is going so fast that i cant even follow his PM and backstabs me with a defensive heavy, now technically its a tactic, but just like people say "no force powers" "no sprinting(1.0)" people shouldnt have to say "Doood no drinking speed potions u fucking crackhead"

All of these are just my opinion and some of my facts may be incorrect and I apoligize in advance, but Reborn will always be my favorite GMOD server and I cannot tell you how much time (and money smh) I have dedicated to such a great game!
In my opinion, if you don’t like alchemy, don’t use it. All pk duels have the options of no potions, or potions allowed. Also, loving the subtle comment about Coleman and Pumps artifacts

Caitlyn

I think what happened is that overall overtime people get bored and burnt out. Reborn has a lot of content, that's why some people have been able to play so long. I've been here for about 7 months almost now, I still have fun on the server for the most part. Although eventually you will get burnt out.

also didn't even play for 7 months probably like 3-4 anyway, people get bored eventually.

Let's stop focusing on old players and focus on the new players.

Also barely anymore good RP events. Things like the overseer on sith really help give new players a good experience.

Tuna/Tuba

I think what happened is that overall overtime people get bored and burnt out. Reborn has a lot of content, that's why some people have been able to play so long. I've been here for about 7 months almost now, I still have fun on the server for the most part. Although eventually you will get burnt out.

also didn't even play for 7 months probably like 3-4 anyway, people get bored eventually.

Let's stop focusing on old players and focus on the new players.

Also barely anymore good RP events. Things like the overseer on sith really help give new players a good experience.

I totally agree, but the issue is IMO, the new player experience sucks major ass. In raids and events, new players get fucked. As long as try hard Sith camp spawns and fuck over lvl 40s and spam some "lol ur padawans succ" in advert newer players won't be able to enjoy the server until they grind past this really really annoying tedious process. And some don't want to, I almost gave up because at the time people would shit on you unless you came in with experience on the combat system. But others may ACTUALLY quit. And if they do quit, the flow slows. We leak old players to burn out but don't gain. And that's how ANY game/server dies.