What really killed Reborn....

Shade Tano

idk but what made reborn fun was when people actually hated others. it made it more fun joining cause you can feel and hear the hate from their voices made rp better in my opinion

Crom

VIP
idk but what made reborn fun was when people actually hated others. it made it more fun joining cause you can feel and hear the hate from their voices made rp better in my opinion
True, Their were people I hated when they were in RP and it was just fun all around.

Nabe

It is what it is
Founder
changing the level cap back to 100, worst mistake easily
No. It really didn't. The community changed, people's emotions dulled, and the heart of the community was missing. I was told by a multitude of people it died in 5.0(?). Or whatever the lastest iteration JvS had before the relaunch. No one really had passion for the server anymore. At least that was the feel I had.

Crom

VIP
No. It really didn't. The community changed, people's emotions dulled, and the heart of the community was missing. I was told by a multitude of people it died in 5.0(?). Or whatever the lastest iteration JvS had before the relaunch. No one really had passion for the server anymore. At least that was the feel I had.
Nobody had passion for the server because the server had no true rp that I saw apart from certain times that were exceptions. So that drives away some people cause it was the same thing over and over. But with a new skin over it.

Nabe

It is what it is
Founder
Nobody had passion for the server because the server had no true rp that I saw apart from certain times that were exceptions. So that drives away some people cause it was the same thing over and over. But with a new skin over it.
Yeah, when I joined the server is mid/late 2.0, there was RP. You were terrified of the Emperor. You had to have skill with dueling. Dueling had higher ticks (You'd tick twice for every hit). You would raid the Jedi and come back with 20+ kills. The DC would congratulate you on the return if you all did well. Troopers were essentially non existent. There were no levels. Everything was measured with time played. 2.0, to me, was the best. A lot of people wanted a 2.0 legacy server at one point, but Shep made a 1.0 server.

Crom

VIP
Yeah, when I joined the server is mid/late 2.0, there was RP. You were terrified of the Emperor. You had to have skill with dueling. Dueling had higher ticks (You'd tick twice for every hit). You would raid the Jedi and come back with 20+ kills. The DC would congratulate you on the return if you all did well. Troopers were essentially non existent. There were no levels. Everything was measured with time played. 2.0, to me, was the best. A lot of people wanted a 2.0 legacy server at one point, but Shep made a 1.0 server.
I think the server could have been better if it was the old days with the newer people. So they could experience like half of the RP. Cause I was in INQ for soo. Fu*king long that I got HINQ in less than a week with ease BECAUSE of RP. It was so fun and strange to do stuff in, And people had their own way of expressing themselves on the server before someone got big and got far while not doing any RP and that brought people into the light of hey... Its okay to not be serious all the time, (Which was fine) But then people that wernt serious at all joined and started bogging down the server with random tandom stuff. And tbh I joined the server with intentions of being someone like that till I encountered someone that I wanted to RP with I belive it was Steely and an old lead of the INQ, They made the RP seem fun and enjoyable for everyone partaking. And I did my best to do the same torwards INQ reflecting on what I had gotten and building my own name on the server.

Crom

VIP
And the combat back then took equal amount of skill to luck cause you had to know hitboxes of populated and unpopulated server, That being said I still always and will always use dual wielding. because I found it fun

Crom

VIP
Also going back to the point of hating people to enjoy something more. That is something that just happens in RP if you hate someone you hate someone. You probly don't dislike the character. Kinda like Tupac and Oil they were memes but were fun actual people. Disliking, Hating, And rivalry brings alot to good rp. (not that I have done any recently)

Nabe

It is what it is
Founder
It does. Sith acted like Sith and Jedi acted like Jedi. I remember someone rping that they were sacrificing other Jedi padawans in the caves, in order to do something. Happened a long time ago. I remember when kidnapping people actually had rp, negotiations, etc. I remember the cults, the double/triple agents (@Serin ). 2.0 had a lot more RP, and it lasted a little in 3.0-3.5, but just vanished. Different types of people joined, and staff stopped acting so seriously. It's one of the reasons Croc would always say, "RP starts with the staff."

Crom

VIP
Dude the last fun RP I had in the server was the Overthrow thingy that I was bias on, While also trying to go for head spot of both INQ and get a higher position in Shadow Guard

Crom

VIP
I regret not playing more and being able to make fun experiences for other people for them to enjoy the server more.

Nabe

It is what it is
Founder
I don't even think I rp'd this time around. At least not much. I really liked a lot of what the SWTOR rp server had too.

Crom

VIP
I didn't even get into the SWTOR RP server. I didn't know it existed, Prob would have had fun and rped to cheer people up and try and make people have fun.

Crom

VIP
I will miss the JvS tho. Out of sheer nostalgia, Wonder what happened to the SWTOR server tho

Nabe

It is what it is
Founder
People didn't know how to rp. It was too professional. And people only cared about combat at the end of the day.

Crom

VIP
How can something be to professional? There was /me there was /roll and all that (I think) I mean going from a first person one time purchase thing to subscription based third person mmo esq thing

Crom

VIP
I can defiantly see zone shock of having to swap to a different game entirely even genre keeping the only thing of Star Wars