What really killed Reborn....

Had nothing to do with RP for most people. You have to remember you claimed a lot of people said it died around 5.0, but you said the RP died around 3.0/3.5. That's still at least 2 years the server was going strong without RP so that surely couldn't be it.

I believe what killed the server was mostly people being tired of each other, arguing, and usually going nowhere with the arguments. People left because they were upset and eventually enough groups left where there wasn't really anyone to oppose each other and not having any conflict makes things dull and boring for a lot of people. (Conflict being having someone to fight on Tat, someone to challenge your ideas, or even someone just trying to OT. Not someone who is always trying to ban you or annoy you for no reason.) Miles left because he was tired of all the problems in the Staff team that weren't fixed despite months of it being addressed. The old SAs and their group left because they were arguing with Shepard for months on the same thing and got nowhere with it while also one of them got booted. Moxxis group left on and off either out of boredom or because the community drove them away again. Mira's simps left because we banned Mira. Of course there was a lot of times instead of whole groups leaving it was single people, but it was mostly the same base reason of them being tired and upset at something. I'm sure I could list names and reasons, but I have no idea what the text limit is and this is long enough.

Crom

VIP
For me I left and came back to new faces and thats what brought me back, I left the last time seeing that there was no new faces apart from maybe one. (That being redicule) Or them not leaving an impact enough for me to see or remember. I enjoyed the time I spent with people and the friends like Dickolas that I had made along the way. And the Rivals like Nox Python, Exc. The server from what I can understand now that I am stating stuff instead of making conversatio. The server had many problems that were adressed but not able to be solved either the reason being ignorance or lack of attention brought to the subject, The server had problems from staff isues to people getting favoritism in certain senerio's that I have see and been on the receiving end of. People seeing that coming into the server would not want to play that if they wanted that and saw that as a first impression that also making the point of You can't make something fun if people strive to have what they can't. There have been scenario's on there that I saw from friends of people messing around and others doing that and getting punished. The people on the server I would say about 10-20% of people may have given off a bad impression to new people to drive away their attention from the server and have them go off to another thing. That is how I saw it. That being said I don't know the whole area cause I wasnt there in the final moments. Nor was I there enough to relize some of the deeper problems. Cause with how much I like to say I had my ear to the ground and keeping track of stuff going on. I did have things that I cannot explain. Be it I didnt try to pry into that stuff so much as if I heard it I rememberd and or if I saw it I would keep track of seeing it again.
If the server comes back ill be there (If someone tells me) Because Garry's Mod in my eyes is infact a dying game. There is so much coming out and so much stuff that is trying to take the place of games like Garry's Mod be it a sandbox or another halflife mod or exc.

P.S Dickolas Dan Purged me from his steam friends list : PepeHands : <3 Also. P.P.S What text limit
๐’ซ๐‘’๐‘œ๐“…๐“๐‘’ ๐ป๐’ถ๐“‰๐‘’ ๐น๐’พ๐‘”๐’ฝ๐“‰๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐’ด๐‘’๐“‰ ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ฎ๐“‰๐’พ๐“๐“ ๐’ฒ๐’ถ๐“‰๐’ธ๐’ฝ, ๐’ซ๐‘’๐‘œ๐“…๐“๐‘’ ๐ป๐’ถ๐“‰๐‘’ ๐ป๐’ถ๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡๐“ˆ ๐’ด๐‘’๐“‰ ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ฎ๐“‰๐’พ๐“๐“ ๐ฟ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“‰๐‘’๐“ƒ
Shadow Guard Hephaestus, Jedi Knight Ezreal Sunder/Xander Sunder. Or StanLeeExcelsior on League...
-Crom Sunder "Wait you got Dark Council Cause Someone Is On LOA?... Rad!"

Last edited:
I just unadd names that look unfamiliar because my list keeps getting full. I remember unadding you thinking you were just some random from CS for some reason, so I'll add you back soon

Crom

VIP
Man satire really isnt satire when you put something like a paragraph before it huh. and its all good. I purge people from my friends list I don't remember as well.

Crom

VIP
Yes... But actually no... I dont message anyone unless I have either known them for a while or invite them to somethin.

Dxon

VIP
late ass reply but reborn died because of the useless politics that happened on and off the game. If you weren't with someone you were against them. Conflicting interests, ideas, or opinions are all things that perpetuate change for the better. If you can't have a civil conversation with someone about why their idea is flawed or what could improve it then it falls apart. People took any disagreeance as a direct attack on the power they held and did everything possible to stomp you into the ground. There was no reliable source of power control that could keep the shit in check. This goes for staff and normal players as well, both sides had power where they shouldn't have. Though that's typically why a lot of servers fall apart. The structure its built on is never stable enough or built for the long term.

If we as community couldn't control staff from abusing how could we expect players not to do the same?

There are plenty of players who stayed outside of the political battles that happened during it all, but not everyone did. The issue with an owner abusing powers then getting removed, just to come back later on. The higher your rank and the closer you were to Shepard, the easier it was to abuse power against those below you. Though that was more focused on how close you were to Shepard rather than how high your rank was. It allowed the normal people to "retaliate" against Caitlyn cause people didn't trust her and she wasn't a good person. Shepard played devils advocate and protected Caitlyn without actually understanding she had no reason for power or why people really wanted her gone. Power was given where it wasn't needed and taken from where it was needed. If you look at the other communities from back in the day, some survived because they built the structure of power correctly. You couldn't sleep with the owner and gain the right to ban anyone you wanted. The alive communities ran it as a business, where as the small communities that gained players relied more on connections.

I have no clue what Shepard's intent was for the server, or how he felt about how the community interacted with each other. I think at some point he stopped caring for the internal affairs, and never appointed someone to handle it all.

Overall it was fun to play the server for what it was, just insanely childish and stupid how hard the struggle for power was.