Zagan's Sorcerers of Tund app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zagan

QUALIFICATIONS
Steam Name- Gamer Assassin
Steam ID - STEAM_0:0:29338086
Ingame Name(s) and Ranks – Lord Zagan
Server Playtime – 3 days 14 hours at the time of writing.
Garry’s Mod Playtime - 8300
Warn Count -0
Age -24

ROLE SELECTION
Mark the role you are applying for with an X.

MERCENARY
[ ]
Requires VIP

FORCE USER
[X ]
Requires VIP

CITIZEN
[ ]
Requires VIP

HERO CHARACTER
[ ]
Requires VIP & Hero Character Package

QUESTIONNAIRE
Event Character roles require a good amount of knowledge of lore, server history, and current server events.
Answer these questions as best you can to demonstrate these attributes.
Minimum effort will not be tolerated.

What interests you most in the Star Wars universe? –

The force and it’s not even close, the force is the one thing that makes the Star Wars universe stand out to me out of the countless others in the sci-fi genre. The idea of an unseen source of power that is cultivated by those that are able to sense it, turning them into power houses that shape the galaxy has always been my favorite part of Star Wars.

What is the name of your character, and what is their history? –
Aeon Kurr

History: During Aeon Kurr’s childhood, he was purchased as a slave by an elder of the Order of Tund. This was due to the sorcerer noticing the boy’s gift, an innate sensitivity to the force. After he was taken to Tund, Aeon was imbued with the secrets of the Tund sorcerers as an inner disciple. As his training came to a close, he was sent out into the galaxy to face a series of trials to prove himself as a fully fledged sorcerer. After completing his trials, he returned to Tund with the intention of finally greeting his masters as equals, only to find the planet devastated by Rokur Gepta’s treachery. With his only home gone, Aeon set off into the galaxy to finish the work of his masters.

What drew you to the character role you have selected? –

I find the idea of fanatical dark side sorcerers that were too unmanageable even for the Sith Empire to be pretty interesting. I have always been a big fan of dark side users that dominate their enemy with exotic force powers, especially the more esoteric variations of abilities. The way that they reject the dichotomy of light and dark much like the Grey Jedi, yet are more malevolent than even the Sith is very compelling to me.

What are your character’s main motivations, and how will you use that to drive your story? –

Aeon Kurr is driven by the desire for knowledge and power. He wants to learn everything there is to know about the force, and wield it as a weapon against all who would oppose him. His master’s teachings on the need for secrecy and control are what drives his actions in this role. It is through his own experiences of being controlled and used by others that Aeon has come to despise such things.

FORCE USER
Why has your character not joined either the Jedi or Sith with their Force abilities?-

Aeon views himself as a true Sith and those of the Sith empire as just pretenders that use the force to play politics. Those who abide by the deception of duality only serve to limit themselves, no different than blinding one’s own eyes to the paths before them.
The Sith have already proven themselves once before to be too small minded to comprehend the truth of the force and the Jedi condemn and fear anything that is beyond the control of their council.

What is your character’s goal within the Force? –

As a former slave, he is aware that the only way to avoid being held down by those in power, is to wield more power himself. To become the kind of existence that would be tantamount to suicide to oppose was the answer that he had arrived at. He desires to protect the nearly lost secrets of the Tund sorcerers from those that would threaten his hold on power, desperately seeking to monopolize all of the techniques of his fallen sect. Most of all never allowing the Sith Empire to taste the fruit from the efforts of the sorcerers that they exiled so long ago.

What is your character’s interpretation of the Force? –

The force is an abyss, the deeper one delves, the darker it becomes. Aeon Kurr rejects the commonly held belief of duality in the force, instead viewing the force as one whole with infinitely varying applications and possible techniques. He does not reject the concepts of light and dark and how they relate to the force, rather the idea of mutual exclusivity and meaningful separation between the two.

What is your character’s interpretation of the Jedi and Sith Codes? –

Aeon Kurr views the Jedi and Sith codes as pretty lies that masters tell their students in a bid to convince themselves that they know the truth. He views them as claims to know of the unknowable, to quantify the unquantifiable, purely to provide to illusion of safety, understanding and control. There is comfort to be found within the confines of the illusory walls drawn by the lies of the codes. Much more so than grappling with the knowledge that we all stand at the precipice of an all-consuming abyss, toying with alien energies beyond any true understanding.

Last edited:

Satanic Gas

+1 I like the perspective and personality he gives this character as well as how he truly knows his intentions and goals. Even though it doesn't look like much at a glance, it feels like a lot when you're reading it.

Metro

Gamemaster
VIP
+1 - Very interesting choice for a character. I appreciate the lesser-known factions being represented. Good luck!

Ronnie

Owner
| ACCEPTED |
A very creative and well-informed application. I think the character will make a good amount of interesting roleplay interactions on the server, interacting with the Consulars and the Sorcerers in unique and interesting ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.