A long time coming...

Liam

Reborn gaming jedi vs sith downfall

Hello for those of you that don’t know me I’m Liam and I’ve been apart of the community since the start of 3.0. I joined the community unaware that 3.0 had came out a few days prior. The first day I joined I learnt a lot about the community a big factor was that it was fun and the RP was awesome. It’s been around two years since that day. Honestly for the first few months of me playing the server I had the most fun I’ve ever had in gmod before. Back then items where rare, few people had “good crystals” epic was the real deal and dual hilts where rare. I remember grinding for two weeks to get a dual maul hilt which was one of the 3 dual hilts available at that time. Back then RP was natural and it took so long to get items because people didn’t spend all their time trading and fighting, they created RP and enjoyed it. The proof is in the factor that events where very rare. It’s not because there wasn’t gms or many high staff it was purely because the server didn’t rely on events to stay “fun” now in between events you sit there running around doing nothing for hours at a time. Game masters do a good job at keeping events active but the server should not rely on events to be fun. Back in early 3.0 the server got a few events a week. Now just to keep the server interesting we have to run coming up on 4-5 events a day leaving hours of Boredom in between each one. I don’t personally don’t enjoy playing the server. When I join I spend my time adverting trades and fighting on tat until I choose to do events. Fighting on tattooing can be fun but not if it’s the only other thing to do. Alchemy is a cool idea but generally kind of useless. We have force for abilities and the potions have very minor effects. DA is cool I guess but is it really amazing? A dueling arena that is broke half the time and all the features attached to it don't work. You'd expect and update that has take over a year and delayed months to at least work.

When are we going to make a change? Deny it or not we all know it the server is losing population. People quit everyday. Are we going to wait until the server is dead until we make a change? Who will be left. Change is needed.

4.0 was a huge let down and rushed. I feel like we can all agree that a lack of effort is the cause. Further we have changed our focus too quick. Rather than dedicating time to fixing it we have launched a new server and shepard without being rude you gave up on GMOD. I respect all the work you have done but reborn should have more priority than you have been giving it.

None of us are perfect. I don't think I am but neither is the server and it is falling...

I know this post is all over the place but it places some points. 3.0 RP is what kept the server actually fun. That fun is gone.

Reborn gaming jedi vs sith downfall

Hello for those of you that don’t know me I’m Liam and I’ve been apart of the community since the start of 3.0. I joined the community unaware that 3.0 had came out a few days prior. The first day I joined I learnt a lot about the community a big factor was that it was fun and the RP was awesome. It’s been around two years since that day. Honestly for the first few months of me playing the server I had the most fun I’ve ever had in gmod before. Back then items where rare, few people had “good crystals” epic was the real deal and dual hilts where rare. I remember grinding for two weeks to get a dual maul hilt which was one of the 3 dual hilts available at that time. Back then RP was natural and it took so long to get items because people didn’t spend all their time trading and fighting, they created RP and enjoyed it. The proof is in the factor that events where very rare. It’s not because there wasn’t gms or many high staff it was purely because the server didn’t rely on events to stay “fun” now in between events you sit there running around doing nothing for hours at a time. Game masters do a good job at keeping events active but the server should not rely on events to be fun. Back in early 3.0 the server got a few events a week. Now just to keep the server interesting we have to run coming up on 4-5 events a day leaving hours of Boredom in between each one. I don’t personally don’t enjoy playing the server. When I join I spend my time adverting trades and fighting on tat until I choose to do events. Fighting on tattooing can be fun but not if it’s the only other thing to do. Alchemy is a cool idea but generally kind of useless. We have force for abilities and the potions have very minor effects. DA is cool I guess but is it really amazing? A dueling arena that is broke half the time and all the features attached to it don't work. You'd expect and update that has take over a year and delayed months to at least work.

When are we going to make a change? Deny it or not we all know it the server is losing population. People quit everyday. Are we going to wait until the server is dead until we make a change? Who will be left. Change is needed.

4.0 was a huge let down and rushed. I feel like we can all agree that a lack of effort is the cause. Further we have changed our focus too quick. Rather than dedicating time to fixing it we have launched a new server and shepard without being rude you gave up on GMOD. I respect all the work you have done but reborn should have more priority than you have been giving it.

None of us are perfect. I don't think I am but neither is the server and it is falling...

I know this post is all over the place but it places some points. 3.0 RP is what kept the server actually fun. That fun is gone.
This. When there's a bad update that is taking players away from the server, making a new server on another game and splitting the community 50/50 (Actually more like 70 Minecraft / 30 Gmod) is not the best idea.

IROCONIAN

I sincerely doubt anybody would mind going back to 3.11 and the new force powers being implemented into the alchemy as a way of learning force powers.

I joined at the beginning of 3.0 and my trainer and eventual Master spent alot of time and effort teaching me the ways of Reborn. His vision was for me to he Grandmaster....an initiate....for him to think that way is solely on him, but we have to admit, REBORN influenced him somehow.
I want to share this experience with every initiate and show them this world.

lately though I spend alot of time shielding my Padawans and initiates from the hate.

I teach them never to let their guard down. so they will frequently surprise attack each other to keep us all on our toes. this has gotten pms to me and others players calling @. it is none of their business to do so as both parties involved where ok with it.

people spend alot of time on Reborn trying to get others in trouble and reporting each other by using staff as a revenge tool. even in sits when one person is completely in the wrong and blatantly breaking the rules they can claim the other person was disrespectful or broke a rule themselves and so staff doesn't warn either.

If it does not break the game, I do not @.

I think I have only used @ to report people maybe 10times in 15months and I am counting one from last night as well.

I met Grandmasters and Emperors who where players. As time went on and joining council it seemed to me that the environment was alot better when staff did not operate in the gray. Appointing friends or inactive folks is another head of that snake.

All the information I got about Midas as emperor was good. people where saying it was like 2.0, but I was not around then.

to hold people back or stab them there is a part of life for some folks. one day they may find something in their life that makes acts like that foreign to their disposition.

I do not want this universe to go away, I want Reborn to be around for much longer.

if 4.11 is going to be Amazing
it will be because of us

Okeas

VIP
All I know at this point is, Liam doesn't know when to use where or were, Iroc posts about not wanting the server to die with his signature saying that the end is near, I just gave 80mil and 2 crafted kings blades for a fucking $75 minecraft rank, and I the only three items I have left in my inventory are a dual deciever, heart of dread and mace's might (couldn't be fucked to get rest of items back).

I’m fine with all the content of 4.0, but with combat rolled back until David can fine tune the update more. I feel like still having the bounty hunters and alchemy will give people stuff to do for a few more months.