An Examination of Today's Jedi Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethra

Now I'm all for RP events and introducing more of them into the server. I don't speak for everyone when I say this, but I think there are actually quite a few people who genuinely enjoy the stuff that's put together for the Jedi by Windu and Alexander (Not sure about the Sith though). But with that being said, the event that I saw just now was... horrendous to say the least. So much so that I was inspired to make a post on the forums about it. This might be considered Staff/GM disrespect or whatever but I think it needs to be stated.

Event: Four doctors (kleiner model) hop on Tython, place bombs in the library, then leave and detonate after trying to kill everyone there. Zero story, zero progression. After that, they headed to Tatooine and started hopping in Jeeps and running over everyone trying to save a Jedi hostage they had or something along those lines. That's about when I decided to head to the forums.

Screenshots:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Sethroo/screenshot/789736413725750526
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Sethroo/screenshot/789736413725753001

I get that it's just for fun and that I'm going to get trashed for judging the event which *most likely* wasn't supposed to be taken seriously, but this is one of the single worst things I've seen to spawn from this server. And that's not to mention the event earlier where people showed up just to burn the library and then one of our GMs had the bright idea to make Rocky an event Boss for it. You can imagine how that ended.

In short, I just think that events like this are really detrimental to the server. Thanks.

Ventum

yeah multiple people with 100k+ hp spawning in jeeps with guns that do hella dmg doesn't seem that fun when you put it into action.

+1 3 people with names of adaptations of maul (mual, luam, and Malu) just showed up with 100k hp each and just started killing everybody in the temple. I even saw Iroc reset his hp to 100k halfway through so he couldn’t die. I was trying to train an initiate, and he just heavies him as I was showing him textscreens. I tell Iroc that he just killed the initiate mid training, and he just says “that sucks welcome to reborn”. There were about 20 people just sitting in the spawn room waiting for the god awful event to end. If you can even call it an event, it was just 3 GMs solo raiding with 100k with zero story, and just coming in on a ship to kill everybody. No dialogue, no storyline adverts, just show up and mass.

Never even saw the Jeeps event, but if this is the type of events that gms are doing now, somebody has got to talk to them. People were pissed off. If people are sitting in spawnrooms to get AWAY from an event, there’s a problem.

Spectre8105

I did hear about a few events today causing more harm than good in the server, and obviously that's not fine, but even with this post we cannot do anything. If you would kindly respond with the names of the GMs and Actors perhaps I can do something, but off of this alone I have no information to act upon.
(If this was the event in which staff were telling players to quit complaining or get warned/muted then state that when you respond as well)

Spectre8105

+1 3 people with names of adaptations of maul (mual, luam, and Malu) just showed up with 100k hp each and just started killing everybody in the temple. I even saw Iroc reset his hp to 100k halfway through so he couldn’t die. I was trying to train an initiate, and he just heavies him as I was showing him textscreens. I tell Iroc that he just killed the initiate mid training, and he just says “that sucks welcome to reborn”. There were about 20 people just sitting in the spawn room waiting for the god awful event to end. If you can even call it an event, it was just 3 GMs solo raiding with 100k with zero story, and just coming in on a ship to kill everybody. No dialogue, no storyline adverts, just show up and mass.
If you have more details about the initiate situation then DM or respond here, its been a rule to not kill acolytes/initiates while they're being trained in their factions, events are no exceptions. (Unless the acolyte/initiate actively tries to participate) (By details I mean location he died, weapon used, and perhaps anything the initiate said as that could trigger an action on the "boss"

Spectre8105

Never even saw the Jeeps event, but if this is the type of events that gms are doing now, somebody has got to talk to them. People were pissed off. If people are sitting in spawnrooms to get AWAY from an event, there’s a problem.
I assume your comments refer to the "Burn the library" event referred to in the post?

Caitlyn

Idk from what Im HEARING it sounds really really bad. Hopefully the gm's can respond and explain what exactly went down.

Hopefully tomorrow's arti raid will be better.

Atleast I think me and shepard did a good event today.

Rde Ren

i didnt have a problem with this event, I thought it was pretty cool. I ended up killing two of the three bosses.

I did hear about a few events today causing more harm than good in the server, and obviously that's not fine, but even with this post we cannot do anything. If you would kindly respond with the names of the GMs and Actors perhaps I can do something, but off of this alone I have no information to act upon.
(If this was the event in which staff were telling players to quit complaining or get warned/muted then state that when you respond as well)
iroconian was the one who killed the initiate, I could tell by his profile pic when he used VC, the other two I don’t know. This is the event where staff were saying to stop complaining aswel @Spectre8105

IROCONIAN

iroconian was the one who killed the initiate, I could tell by his profile pic when he used VC, the other two I don’t know. This is the event where staff were saying to stop complaining aswel @Spectre8105

anytime vehicles spawn in for event i see in ad ooc comms and @
"i want a vehicle too....bot fair ...." then certain people will say you cant do that. that is all i hear. i follow the rules and do my best to create a fun environment. we have not been removing people from events and just letting them vent and play. we did police people if they did not wabt to play ball.

pretty clear this is a few people trying ti start something. the old fakeflex.

the maul event was two bosses go to korriban then tython to raid the vault. we ended in a raid/boss fight in the skybox with a 250prop dupe. yes they had 100k hp otherwise nobody would fight them. I admit we didnt RP it up as much with Jedi as Archer was the only one to take the lead on ir and basically said no negotiations "not gonna let you just come here and we help you." when the two mauls appeared they were not hostile and only kept asking about a saber hilt of great power. i had one go to the jc to distrsct ans they blocked his way at that point he sabered up along with ROCKY they were there all of (EDIT: 10 minutes including RP) and yes they are good fighters so Jedi tried hard to kill and almost did kill ROCKY at 6500hp. i reset his health to 100k and we left the planet within a minute. Honestly i think in 5 minutes the bosses and the third sneaky one who torched the library killed maybe 20+ Jedi and masters were merking paddies in moshpits.

after going to both planets and sith mostly RP. the event warp was open and they fought through the duel of fates from episode 1. all players were defeated as 1. did no team work against the two bosses.(divide and conquer) 2. would just afk on platforms.

everyone was saying they liked the dupe and had fun fighting two mauls at once but there were a few people even Kyle Kubrin who were flaming chat.

if you are in events for money that is all good, but it should be about fun and not flexing on people constantly.

so in the past week i was accused of
targeting people as a boss
unfairly bringing people back
spawning legendarys for people
admin abuse

"it is just xp for the bosses"(although we were all at 255)

i like the conspiracy though. keeps it interesting and i would expect nothing less from REBORN

GMs will discuss in the meeting. we have a clear guideline on what we can and cannot do. it is all centered around fun.

Yes i killed the initiate.....so....in the middle of a boss battle...the trainer takes him outside.....so yea....equivalent to doing so in a raid....not a bright move....at all

and i would even go so far as to say this guy is smarter than he is letting on and really really wanted that to happen.

Edit: @Laviana

@Bruno

@Tatertot

@ScaryLion

Last edited:

IROCONIAN

you make it seem like i killed him when you were training him in the temple. this is not the case and clearly one of your tricks to @ somebody.

grow up

didnt say that sucks

just said welcome to REBORN

Last edited:
can we just make a petition to keep 100k+ hp characters out of events that arent raids? Im sure gms are having a blast running around killing everyone but jesus fuck is it annoying for literally anyone else on the server. Shits just lame in general. Events are for the players, not the gms.

you make it seem like i killed him when you were training him in the temple. this is not the case and clearly one of your tricks to @ somebody.

grow up

didnt say that sucks

just said welcome to REBORN
We were literally in a place with nobody else, you for eleaped over to us, heavies is, and then just kept chasing the initiate after I was yelling after you that he was training. The whole event should have never even happened in the first place, people were pissed, you should have read criticism in ooc

Status
Not open for further replies.