Garry’s Mod Playtime – 4.5k+ hours
Warn Count - 0
Age – 17

Relevant Experience
Servers – Reborn Gaming | Icefuse MilRP
Roles –

Reborn Gaming GM x3
Admin x1
Icefuse Gamemaster x2 (About 8 months in total)
Icefuse Gamemaster Officer x2 (about a year in total).
Icefuse Elite Admin x2 (A year and a half)

QUESTIONNAIRE
The Gamemaster role requires creativity, knowledge, and most of all, vision.
Answer these questions as best you can to demonstrate these attributes.
Minimum effort will not be tolerated.

What is your level of experience with Garry’s Mod construction and tools?

9.5/10, I have been using them for quite a while and have built plenty of things. Anything from raids, events, or even just throne rooms. I have years of experience, there’s always room to improve, however.

Why do you want to become a Gamemaster?

I want to become a gamemaster for several reasons. These reasons contain the following:

Passion:

Coming back to the server 2 weeks ago, I found a newfound passion in the server. I was very much almost burned out with gmod, as Icefuse had burnt me out. I took a 3-4 month break from gmod before coming back. I saw one day reborn was active and decided to hop on, only to find it had much improved since the last time I played, around when the serve was taken down. I want to get much more involved within the server as I am starting to enjoy the server quite a lot and have gotten that passion back for gmod. I have already spent some time building things in sandbox for event ideas that sporadically pop up in my head.

Activity:

I have started to become continually active within the server and have been playing as much as I can daily. I have been playing a few hours a day since returning, racking up playtime. The 75 hours I have been playing within the past two weeks are almost all on reborn, apart from some hours spent in sandbox building for fun. I am becoming involved in the server extremely fast and am extremely excited to get back into the server even more.

Contribution:

For me, I would like to contribute to this server in more ways than just being an active player, and an active role-player. I feel my extensive experience as a gamemaster is more than enough to do so. I feel with the way the server is, I would be an extremely good contribution to the gamemaster team. I want to make this server even better and I feel me becoming a gamemaster is the perfect way to do so, as you guys will see- should this application be accepted. I feel my skills and capabilities are something that would do the gamemaster team and server as a whole a great duty.

Inspiration:

I have been flooded with new ideas and new additions to bring to not only the gamemaster team, but the server as a whole. I’m extremely excited to see where this opportunity goes and just the thought of it is exciting. Seeing amount of potential with a less mingy server population and a more rp-orientied player base gives events a lot more variety as to how in depth rp can go. I am inspired to do these new events and have a ton of motivation to get started right away. Nonetheless, an example of these ideas will be shown below.

Why should the community support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players?

Why I should be supported:

Experience:

I have an extreme amount of experience, as shown above in this application. Being a gamemaster multiple times on this server throughout the years (2.0,4.0,5.0), I have had experience through all the server's difficulties. This experience is arguably one of my biggest strong suites, out of many that will be listed throughout this application. I have experience building an insane number of events, scenes, or even just rooms for orgs and councils. I also have a ton of experience building story lines, and just possess the creative mind for it.

Personality:

Gamemasters are strongest as a unit. Multiple minds are always better than one. Personally speaking, I am a natural born leader and can always take charge of any situation when needed. This does not mean I am a control freak; it means I know what I’m doing, however. I am exceptionally good at improvising on the spot, which is extremely strong for events. Working with a team is on the easiest side for me, although I am strong independent as well. Playing team sports all my life has taught me a lot about working with a team, and it does transfer over to being a gamemaster in a way. Another thing for me is, I am incredibly good at taking criticism and improving from it. I love criticism and take it seriously so I can improve. The last thing is my ability to be mature while being able to have fun. I can recognize situations where I can mess around, and situations where I need to be mature. Maintaining professionalism is key to a strong gamemaster team.

Dedication and Work Ethic:

My work ethic is arguably one of the best I know. Given I am getting involved in the server and dedicating myself, my work ethic follows. Hence why I have held so many high positions within councils, I have found many ways to work hard without burning myself out. I give my 100% to anything I want to do, or any task that is put up to me. I will get things done as soon as I can and avoid procrastinating, all key virtues to being a gamemaster. I also am good at finding work arounds, and it helps a lot given how touchy gmod building can be at times. I try my best with everything I do, and this position would be no exception to that.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?

Honestly, there are too many to count. Whether it is aiding events as a gamemaster or even just as an event character, I have many hours invested in doing so. Giving players chances to take part in events also improves gamemaster approval rates as well and can bring more people to the team and populate it once more. It would also inspire people to play on the server more and longer than they already do. I always like to help my fellow gamemasters in what they are doing, even if it’s a small favor in a huge event. This comes with being a team player.

How well could you adapt to unplanned circumstances in something you have planned?

As said above, I am quite good at thinking on the fly and adapting to sudden changes. Especially on military rp, there were a lot more things that could go wrong than in JvS. It is one of my strong suites and I believe adaptation is absolutely crucial and is one of the many differences between a good and great gamemaster. I always like to plan ahead in case something goes wrong but reacting right away is needed sometimes. So, in my honest evaluation, I’d say I’m extremely strong in this field.

What interests you most in the Star Wars universe?

My favorite Star Wars topic is The Eternals, or TFU storyline. My favorite characters from the Star Wars universe are Prince Arcann and Galen Marek (Starkiller). However, I have done extensive research on all sorts of lore, from proto sabers to researching different characters. The lore is quite interesting to read, especially when bored. I used to be an instructor back in my early 3.0 days, and I held lore classes all the time, whether it was about the past of Tython or some of the older Darths. My favorite period is the old republic, everything going on between the Sith, the Eternals, and the Jedi adds up perfectly. Don’t even get me started on the live action trailers, they are quite amazing.

Now, taking what most interests you, craft a high-quality multi-part storyline (with characters, branches, anything that you see fit) that you could create multiple events from.

The Eternal Holocrons

Backstory:

A loud noise is heard across the planets, an infraction, a rift, in the sky. Not just above one planet, but above them all. On Tatooine, something, or someone, is spotted falling from this rift in a burning ship. A man, in white and gold robes, an artificial arm, and a black mask appears from the rubble. Jedi and Sith alike drop what they are doing, as they detect IMMENSE force energy from this figure. He walks out breathing heavily, panicking, like something was following him. The Jedi and Sith alike are confused, how could someone, or something this powerful, possibly be scared? The Jedi and Sith continue to interrogate this man, the Jedi for diplomatic reasons, the Sith looking for more power. He answers the questions. His name is Prince Arcann, a member of the Eternal Empire. He said he was attempting to take back the ‘Eternal Holocrons’ from his old family, known as the Eternal Family. There is 3 holocrons, each guarded by one of his family members and their armies. These holocrons are the key to keeping peace in the galaxy. In his timeline, at least. However, shall the timeline catch up to the current Jedi and Sith, they will be destroyed.

Part I:

Arcann informs the Jedi and Sith of the situation. He informs of the first planet, called ‘Rakata’ a Kashyyyk like planet. He states this is where the first holocron is found, guarded by his sister, Vaylin. He states the old sith and republic are fighting together, for one common goal, uniting the two in current time. This is the holocron of knowledge. However, Arcann states, ‘In order to time travel, you must pass a test. A gatekeeper of sorts’. This is where the members would have to duel a gatekeeper to continue (not difficult). They would now land on a beach, where they meet an Old Sith Commander, who tells them they cannot cross the water, as anyone who does is shot. (2-4 snipers with long bows). They are protecting the fortress having the first holocron. They will go through waves of enemies and rp trials in order to get into the fortress. They will battle Vaylin for the holocron. They must outsmart Vaylin, as she is the keeper of knowledge. (They must win for event to continue).

Part II:

Once having the holocron of Passion, Arcann now finds out the location of Thexan through the holocron of knowledge. Thexan is located in a snowy system, it is called ‘Icaxida’. Thexan had developed a temple there, where the holocron of strength is contained. The temple consists of a series of puzzles and traps. This temple is more about being smart than it is about killing things. It also tests the mental strength of all participants. It will consist of a cave maze with an unkillable dweller, they need to escape and solve puzzles before escaping. The holocron has given Thexan an overwhelming amount of strength, and upon meeting him. He will be standing alone; however he is extremely strong. This will be an all-out duel, with flying objects and map-based events.

Part III:

Once both of the holocrons are returned to Arcann, people seem to notice how powerful he is getting. He said there is one ultimate step until “completion”. Which is sort of suspicious, given he said he is helping. (his health increases and so does damage). There is one step left, to board the eternal fleet’s command ship and confront Valkorian, who holds the Holocron of Power, the strongest of the three. This will consist of all of the trials, strength and knowledge, but harder. It is extremely difficult and will require the best of both factions. They will board the ship while they are fighting the republic and sith fleets, there is quite a lot of turbulence and things going wrong. There will be several pre bosses and trials to go through. Only the strongest and smartest will survive. Once completed, they will fight Valkorian for the holocron. Once Arcann gains the holocron, they notice how powerful he has grown. He is now a threat to the galaxy. He rewards people for ‘helping save the galaxy.

Part IV(Final):

Once they return to planets. Arcann begins laughing, very menacingly. His voice echoes through the galaxies, saying it is his now. He ignites his lightsaber and executes a Sith and Jedi standing next to him. He says ‘kneel and join my new empire’. (The player now has a choice, they can join arcann and get less rewards or kill him and get the max rewards) Once people choose sides, a battle will ensue across the planets. There is now two outcomes. Arcann wins and takes over (for a temporary amount of time). Or the Jedi and Sith win and take rewards.

If your application is accepted, you will have to start a multi-event storyline as part of your trial. It is recommended that this be the first draft of that storyline.

USER-ADMINISTRATIVE AGREEMENT
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of the requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, or neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters.

[x]
[Arc]

USER PERMISSION CLAUSE
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I,
[Arc Snow], have permission from [Ziljian Bor] to make my application, either via forum private message, steam, or in-game.
I also acknowledge that if I am lying about my permission, I will be denied the right to apply for any Reborn staff position in the future.

[x]
[Arc]

NOTE - Gamemasters are not administrative staff. Gamemasters should not use their powers for anything besides their events, unless instructed otherwise by an Admin+.

P.S. - I will be out of state 3/4-3/6
Any questions feel free to contact me on discord: arc1#7397

Last edited:

Ronnie

Owner
ACCEPTED
Your new event sent to the SA team met our expectations.
Please read the Gamemaster Guidelines pinned in the gamemaster discord chat.

DENIED
I really, really like the amount of effort you put in for the application, and would like to see you on the Gamemaster team.
However, myself and the SA team think that the event concept is.. too much like old Reborn's.
We're looking for some new aspects of gamemaster event qualities in this 'Reborn Edition', so please get in contact with me or one of the Super Admins so we can talk about what our expectations are, and you can reapply afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Arc