Buff Defensive

Hello, I am here to talk about something that has bothered me as a Defensive-Main that has been existent for a while. Obviously we all know the Fury and new Aggressive stance that is a pain for Defensive users to counter. Defensive cannot be learned by new players, you do not see new players using Defensive. Only those with experience such as myself or Vivian. Agile, Aggressive, Fury and Arrogant can be learned in a day, I know because I have myself. Defensive needs a buff if the other stances will continue to be as broken as they are, I am barely capable of retaliating if someone just wants to poke me for 5 hours or Force-spam me. This is more of a discussion, but I hope it can become a petition with enough support. I hope other Defensive users agree. you're welcome to give +1's or -1's or just give your thoughts. Up to ya'll.

Spectre8105

As a defensive user who has recently started using aggressive, I disagree. You'll notice that you find defensive under the tank tree, this implies that the stance is supposed to be used in a "Defensive" way, if someone tries to rush me, I get those big defensive heavy hits in, and they're gone. While i'll agree that the current aggressive heavy does deal too much right now, I don't feel the need for it(Defensive) to be buffed. The stance also has very good normal swings that few "Defensive users" don't use because they rather spam the heavy(I am not implying this is you). I understand where you're coming from, but I tend to use Defensive while guarding a raid or on a unexpecting foe, and aggressive on someone who is aware on my presence and is fighting back, adapt to the stances and switch between them.

I completely agree with Spectre, the main point of Defensive is to be able to stop people from being too aggressive in fights because they are afraid of you spamming your heavy and absolutely destroying them. I disagree with Rocky's point of being able to learn any form that counters Defensive in a day. Most of the time people are constantly learning new little things about the form that will change the way we fight. For example, I've learned that the fury 1 heavy is complete balls as opposed to the amazing heavy that Defensive 1 has. Only on the best days on someone not moving can you get 3 or more ticks with the Fury 1 heavy while with the Defensive heavy you can hit 4 ticks in most fights. The whole point of Fury 1 (The poke you are referring to) being a good counter to defensive is because it is a dueling stance that usually doesn't get many ticks in but it has a great range. I will admit that the new Aggressive stance is really broken considering the amount of ticks it gets but the easy way to counter it is to just parry. Agile is a weird form and I feel it would take forever to get use to it because I can't understand the hit box. Contrary to what you've said Rocky, I feel as though Defensive is a really easy form to learn as all you have to know how to do is spam your heavy and use the one attack that moves you saber two inches but gets ticks like there's no tomorrow. The whole "you can't retaliate to force users" isn't a defensive only issue and it applies to most saber users. The thing about force users is they, like fury, have trouble dishing out much damage because of their limitations (The damage and cooldowns on force abilities and the tick rate on fury) but excel at range and that is the only reason you have trouble with them. If you buff defensive to be able to hit forms that lunge out to hit you or force powers that can snipe you from across the map then nobody would use anything but defensive. Defensive is fine as it is and any buffs to it would just make it ridiculous.

Dwayne

VIP
Defensive in it's prime days did allow us to one tap most players. While defensive in it's current state is not the most simple thing to use it still is one of strongest if mastered correctly. While the average users can't use defensive because of it's ability to eat stamina like no other form, it is not in a terrible state. Yes I miss the old days of when defensive used to be superior to all other forms, but in reality it shouldn't be meta for those who play aggressively.

Rightpop

If your using defensive offensively then Thsts wired because it's called defensive also the defensive heavy is probably the most over powered heavy in the game besides fury2 (GRAND SLAM). But if you feel defensive is not working try new stances like me, I use fury 1, fury 3, And defensive 2, maybe even agile(If defensive was nerfed while I was gone then idk)

Spectre8105

If your using defensive offensively then Thsts wired because it's called defensive also the defensive heavy is probably the most over powered heavy in the game besides fury2 (GRAND SLAM). But if you feel defensive is not working try new stances like me, I use fury 1, fury 3, And defensive 2, maybe even agile(If defensive was nerfed while I was gone then idk)
Grand Slam was dethroned by a new agressive heavy, which is busted and needs to be nerfed

Tubbs

-2 I remember the days where people held s heavied held s heavied and that was all of the combat ever.

Ventum

-1 Defensive is at a point where if you are good with it, you are good with it if you aren't, you aren't. No need for a changerino.

(nerf aggressive again)

Stubbs

VIP
I agree with Rocky. As a defensive user, there's no true way to beat someone unless you're either switching stances from defensive to something else or spamming heavies. If the lights were changed so the heavy does not become defensive users main use, then I'd want to get on and train with it more. Instead of people complaining about kids heavy spamming, why not just give defense something to defend for because the light attacks aren't good enough for an aggressive or fury user rushing your ass with a heavy.

Spectre8105

I agree with Rocky. As a defensive user, there's no true way to beat someone unless you're either switching stances from defensive to something else or spamming heavies. If the lights were changed so the heavy does not become defensive users main use, then I'd want to get on and train with it more. Instead of people complaining about kids heavy spamming, why not just give defense something to defend for because the light attacks aren't good enough for an aggressive or fury user rushing your ass with a heavy.
I used defensive again today for the 1st time in 2-3 weeks and I consistantly hit 2-4 ticks on my normal defensive swings, Defensive 1 is garbage, but 2 and 3 share the same swings which arn't bad (at least 2 arnt, the normal forward swing is godly)

Cruen

+1 I don't primarily use defensive, but I am well versed enough in all the forms to compare them to some extent, and I believe, that since just about every other form can be used for an extreme advantage against non-skilled players, defensive should be buffed as well.

Ventum

There is a reason why people hate defensive heavy spam, though Defensive 2 & 3's light animations are the same if they could be changed that'd be interesting.