Cause's Statements and Community Address

I wasn't able to attend the community meeting which is unfortunate since i did have some things i wanted to say.

I've been with the community for 2 years now i joined on February 12, 2017 and i worked my way through staff (took me 8 months to leave Mod to Admin and i even got demoted for like an hour). In that time i've seen the community rise and fall and i've seen it through its roughest times and some of its absolute best. Reborn was my first and my only Gmod community i've ever been a real part of and even though its not been 100% smooth i can honestly say i wouldn't trade what i've done so far for anything. I've always thought of myself somewhere between a serious staff member and an Empathetic fun one, I try my best to prioritize the enjoyment of the server and the well being of the people in it this usually works but sometimes leads to bias accusations especially when it comes if i happen to agree with higher staff. ive told many Staff members i care about two things more than any other, That's the staff team and my Council. Which comes to my first thing i wanted to talk about. The Staff Team has been lacking its a combination of laziness on my part and inactivity i have not dedicated enough time to managing the team like i should have and ive let problems get out of hand and with the stuff i was told after the meeting i want to start working towards the ideal staff team whether thats by a more personal form of working with the staff or more training or better training it will be done and the staff that either don't meet the new standards or activity will start being dealt with to make room for people who will.

The next point i wanted to bring up was actually incredibly similar to what scary said so in light of that i will say i agree with him. The community is kept alive by new players and having a more welcoming and less toxic community and staff team will help bring that back into reality. Theres a huge difference between banter and the generally uptight and toxic behavior of the average player on Reborn and its gotten to the point where i feel like no one knows where the line is this is where we as a collective group need to come together and work on getting the new players the time and presence they deserve cuz one day if treated right they could end up being the next High staff members and get to bring their own ideas to Reborn

Another point i wanted to bring up was that problems wont ever get solved unless its brought to the attention of someone who can. A lot of people were saying they had brought stuff up and were ignored or they felt as if it wasnt taken seriously. As a general reminder my channel is ALWAYS open in teamspeak and i never wear a no poke tag so any level of member can get my attention im more than willing to talk to any staff or player that has a concern (itll also be 100% anonymous).

For the sake of the peoples eyes ill make the closing short. I want the community to work and function to the best of its ability and ive severely slacked on my job as super admin to bring that and im sorry. The meeting today brought up a lot of problems and we are starting the fixes ASAP. Anyones welcome to message me or speak to me about anything the want to suggest or about things they feel needs fixing i welcome feedback. Thank you for the time you took reading this.

Sincerely,

Cause Marek