Counter.

Ventum

INTRODUCTION
Alright so after posting that feels good man thread it didn't really fix anything, so I'm going to set things straight here. This will be an absolute UNIT of an essay so if you don't want to read through all of it I included a TL;DR at the bottom, your welcome. Nonetheless, I'll begin with a short introduction. Firstly, we need to discuss the fine line between Roleplay and Fun, cause there is a line between the two with a very large gray area in between the both of them, though it should be pretty simple to understand when you actually look into it. Roleplay is 90% of the reason people initially join the server, they see one of the only active JvS communities (icefuse can smd) and think, "Well I got no other option", and end up joining Reborn. This inherently is not a bad thing, with the vast amount of content Reborn provides, it is truly unrivaled in its current state, content-wise. Though after about a month of playing, that player that joined has seen what the community has to offer, as if you are going to stay on a server and enjoy yourself you have to interact with some people, that being the community. And this usually molds them into one of two people, one, a person that sees the good side of the community (usually the people who join Jedi first get this experience), these people see the roses and peaches of the community, not delving too deep into its actual roots. Though over time curiosity will get the better of the player and they will eventually dip into other factions, no matter how hard they try it will always end up that way. Doesn't matter if they try Sith/EE for a day, they will. And when that time comes they will see the community for what it truly is. People who have been here longer than them and outrank them in everything that involves the server, this, for me at least enticed me to try and compare to them. They will eventually delve more and more into the secondary faction and over time, will be presented an opportunity to either continue their experience in that secondary faction or fall back to their origins. This choice is usually presented when something unenjoyable happens, such as a PK, Exile, demotion, etc. But it is when they choose to go along with the decision and grow from that experience, that is when they become something great. The second possible path is where people join Sith for the first time (let's be honest there aren't enough people who join EE as their first faction to gauge their experience). The people who join Sith first usually end up experiencing all of this much faster, and it can indeed be overwhelming, that causes these people to head to more slow-paced factions to where they usually stick. What does this have to do with Roleplay? Everything. The roleplay will determine everything I just stated, it will encompass how you go about experiencing the server and whether you decide to stick or fall off. It's how you handle yourself in these RP scenarios that will ultimately determine how you play the server, and there is no arguing that. Obviously you will continue falling into new RP situations and that will affect how you end up during everyone's prime on the server, cause everyone has a point where they peak on the server, and that is the point where everything is decided for you, whether you peak too fast or too slow, too fast and your glory will be remembered, but only as a one-trick wonder (Good duelist, good RPer, etc.). Peak too slowly and you will have to spend an absurd amount of time actually gaining notoriety and fame. Though if you wait, it will eventually culminate to where you are the people who are talked about for ages, Moxxi being a prime example of all of this.

Peaking, and how to do it right
So where am I getting at with all of this? What I'm getting is that when you do peak, you have to handle yourself well enough to where you don't crash and burn. Like some people that peak, but through unfortunate circumstances (Being known as a minge, fail-rper, rule-breaker, toxic, etc). This has been the underlying topic of discussion with Caitlyn. As she peaked about a week into her initial entrance into the server. This ended up being probably the worst possible scenario, as this led to where we are now, a cesspool of controversy and people that are apparently physically and mentally incapable of facing the music and moving on. Obviously, this is just my view on it and I'm certain that many people will have many different opinions on this. Though through all of it, after all of the threads are made, after the hours you spend arguing with fucking avatars behind a screen, after you finally look in the mirror and realize that you have just been sitting at your desk for 5 hours trying to dethrone someone that is just trying to play a game, what have you accomplished? Nothing. What you have done is delay the inevitable, you arguing with that person on Teamspeak just wasted your time which could have been used doing something productive. What I am saying is, if you are smart enough to see when something obviously won't change with your influence, you should just give up. This isn't real-life to where your protests will end up shaping the landscape of your environment. You are playing on a server that will eventually shut down. This obviously includes myself, as I am probably going to waste time typing all of this out. But if it even changes one person's scope on the server, then I have won.

Main Arguments
Continuing, the usual argument is that "I do this in my spare time", or, "So you just want me to do nothing?". First, if you have enough spare time to ruin another PERSON's experience on VIDEOGAME then you need to get another hobby rather than just this. Cause that is what this is in the end, and I can't wrap my head around the fact that people are consciously ruining another PERSON's experience, they want to have as much fun as you, and if you end up not enjoying it, you can leave and play a different game, if that results in too many people leaving then this server was not meant to be in the first place. Secondly, I'm not usually a person who advocates for apathetic actions, though after enough threads and arguments, there is a point where I just have to stop myself and let everything play out on its own. That person that you despise so much on the server probably won't be in the community as long as you. That faction leader you hate so much will only be there for a month at most. That one thing that you want to be changed so much in the server usually has other people who agree with you.

Concluding on this point, sometimes it's fine to quit. Cause eventually you will. No matter how long you expect to be playing Garry's Mod, you will end up playing a different game or quitting it altogether. So yes a lot of people will consider this a second-life. But for how long? A month? A year? It's temporary in the end, and you need to take that into consideration when you are donating your valuable time and brain effort into that thread/comment you are about to post. Because if you don't think about it logically, you might just end up cutting someone else's time/enjoyment of Reborn short, and that, in my opinion, is the worst offense you could ever commit.

Moxxi was a mediocre Emperor
Onto my second point of the over-arching topic. While typing this I'm trying to think, should I say "Moxxi" or "Reminiscing on the past too much" both fit too well in my opinion. To start, I would first like to say. I don't have any real opinion on Moxxi, I was not around enough nor was I close enough to him to experience anything really that would give me a real outlook on him as a person. But overall, you guys need to realize, you are putting this person upon a pedestal of gold that literally ANYONE could be standing on right now.

This guy is revered as the best Sith Emperor in the history of Reborn Gaming, solely because of the amount of time he was Emperor, I do not give a FUCK what else you say, your main thought is that "He was Emperor for a year so that means he must be the best". Longevity of an Emperor does not determine your overall achievement as a Faction Leader, it is what you do with that time while being Emperor that should determine your overall worth. I was present during Moxxi's prime as an Emperor and I can say for a fact, the Sith worked like a factory. You spent your time accordingly, you would move up the ranks as a regular person would. There was nothing wrong with this, but it didn't feel special.

With Emperor's like Robinson and Croc, they brought something new and noteworthy to the table that enhanced everyone's experience within the Sith. Robinson's special quality was that he treated everyone as an individual, he usually looked past your rank when offering up an opinion to him. This also reflected in his Dark Council, which in my opinion, was the best I had ever seen. It was a group of people that had the same views as Robinson and encouraged free-thought and decision making. This resulted in an Empire that was empathetic towards it's opposing factions, even if we don't want to admit it. Sith then was more open to negotiations, non-hostile pacts, and most importantly, talking. Croc's special quality is that he is by far the best Roleplayer I have ever met on Garry's Mod. He walks the line of Roleplay/Fun like a fucking champion and personally was a beacon I used to reflect my own actions on, to better myself. It was unfortunate that he had to leave the position of Emperor so fast as if he stayed, I can guarantee he would have been in the running for "Best Emperor" if he dedicated enough of his time.

Last edited:

Ventum

I think I'm reaching the character limit on this, so I'll be brief. We have to stop penalizing the people who want to introduce change, I can agree that it can be scary to see someone that you personally think does not deserve their position to be put there, but you are only prolonging the situation more when you incite more and more toxicity, rumors, and arguments about topics that have been talked about day in and day out. If we as a collective group continue to look back on the past and base our decisions in the present on those in the past, we will NEVER move forward as a community. This is amplified by 100 when comparing it to sith. It's been a literal week and we have already had an OT attempt on a person who is TRYING to help.

I have seen the continued argument that she got her position unfairly, though presented with that, what do you think is fair? No one was all for Caitlyn receiving Empress, I'll admit that myself, but for fuck's sake, let the girl have a chance at leading Sith, stop looking towards obvious figures of power that will always do the same shit over and over again. Cookie-Cutter faction leaders are not fun nor healthy for a developing faction.

TL;DR - That avatar you just ridiculed and mocked is a person that has feelings, by the way. Also, stop trying to delay change, it will make it harder for you to accept it when it actually happens.

Ventum

Yeah pretty much, he was a pretty stale cracker of a faction leader. Also my TL;DR basically sums up the entire post, you don't need to read through the entire thing unless you want a full gauge on what I'm actually getting at here.

Loody

VIP
-2 he was a solid emp?? He was emp for like 6 months which is a achievement in itself even if he quote on quote used his rank to keep imself there

+2 Quality over Quantity is something people say all the time and is a true statement. Moxxi was not quality, he put the same people into power again and again and did the same thing again and again. Moxxi allowed his followers to have power go straight to their heads and only problems arose from this. Moxxi would be a decent Emp for maybe at max a month before he would infamously give up. Not even trying and just exist as he would sit in the Emperor position. In my opinion wasting everyone's time. Mediocre in my opinion is giving him a little bit too much credit.

C

Charger_AU

-2 he was a solid emp?? He was emp for like 6 months which is a achievement in itself even if he quote on quote used his rank to keep imself there

As I said to Luna, that's not very stable ground for an argument. He would have 100% been overthrow on at least one occasion and probably more if he had no staff powers. So the whole "he was emp for x amount of time" is a bit redundant don't you think?

Loody

VIP
Still that and he stuck through will a mass amount of shit talk from half the community and he lasted through mostly all of it.

C

Charger_AU

Still that and he stuck through will a mass amount of shit talk from half the community and he lasted through mostly all of it.
While I agree he stuck through a lot of shit talk, he brought a lot of it on himself.

Loody

VIP
What did he really do though?? Get revived? A lot of people get revived or is it when he handed down to kai and then just took emp again because that wasn’t against the rules when they did it

C

Charger_AU

Other than the blatant abuse of his founder position and powers?

Loody

VIP
Where I’m asking when and where like hell if that’s our argument half the high ranks should be faction leader banned

C

Charger_AU

Shepard has all that info my guy. Feel free to ask him at anytime.

C

Charger_AU

The one occasion that pops into my head straight away is when he no clipped through a wall to avoid being overthrow and claimed it was a secret door.

Just because another person does it, doesn't make it justified. Moxxi was caught multiple times abusing his power, into which led to him getting a perma.

Loody

VIP
Moxxi got perma cause he dropped artifacts?and it’s not like other people have done that amiright

C

Charger_AU

This thread isn't about other people though is it? It's a thread about Moxxi and people's concerns. As I said in my post above "He would have 100% been overthrow on at least one occasion" and I informed you of that one occasion that popped into my mind at this ungodly time of the night. I also informed you that Shepard has far more information on the matter than I do so if you'd really like to be fully informed go ahead and ask him. I can't promise he'll tell you anything but he's the one that knows it all.